Diverge Networks
Unban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Unban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6730)

Unban appeal - Marcus Grey - 10-17-2023

Your Character or Steam Name: rahzi / Miz Demihner

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:57167772

Your Discord ID#: rahzi.

Reason for ban: FailMug| POx2

Length of ban: 3 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned?: Reasons given for fail mug was:
- Mass mugging; This was not mass mugging. We mugged one group of people.
- Mug in non-secluded area; This was inside a private property.
- Not tying the other players; They were placed under Fearrp with clear instructions to not stand up. One stood up and was killed, so we fled before we could complete the mug. It is also not against the rules to initiate a mugging on a group to target one player, if anything this can lead to better RP.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1z8UAquliGC2dA/d13376pQmE4z?invite=cr-MSxSZjAsMTgzNDA5MTY4LA

RE: Unban appeal - travistaps - 10-17-2023

Hello,

This situation was ruled a fail mug due to the area being filled with other players at the time which makes the place of mugging public and non-secluded as per " Secluded and nonpublic areas include; Alleys, dark corners, abandoned buildings and areas void of other players or NPCs.". You had only mugged one individual and placed the others under FearRP (They are now considered witnesses and other individuals in the area with RP being conducted at the time). As reflected in the ban reason, we did not conclude that this was a mass mugging as no one else had their items stolen. When you were brought to the sit, we asked you about your motives and you claimed that it was a normal mugging and then continued to change your story, once claiming it was a raid.

The point of conducting a mugging in a secluded area is so that no one else is able to stumble upon the scene, which was clearly not the case given that the other people there were actively RP'ing with the possibility of others entering the restaurant with the door wide open. It is also important to note that the muggers you were with were mugging characters, which usually negates a mugging situation.

RE: Unban appeal - Marcus Grey - 10-18-2023

(10-17-2023, 11:27 PM)travistaps Wrote: Hello,

This situation was ruled a fail mug due to the area being filled with other players at the time which makes the place of mugging public and non-secluded as per " Secluded and nonpublic areas include; Alleys, dark corners, abandoned buildings and areas void of other players or NPCs.". You had only mugged one individual and placed the others under FearRP (They are now considered witnesses and other individuals in the area with RP being conducted at the time). As reflected in the ban reason, we did not conclude that this was a mass mugging as no one else had their items stolen. When you were brought to the sit, we asked you about your motives and you claimed that it was a normal mugging and then continued to change your story, once claiming it was a raid.

The point of conducting a mugging in a secluded area is so that no one else is able to stumble upon the scene, which was clearly not the case given that the other people there were actively RP'ing with the possibility of others entering the restaurant with the door wide open. It is also important to note that the muggers you were with were mugging characters, which usually negates a mugging situation.

The area was secluded. It was, as stated is allowed in the rules, 'void of other players or NPCs'. This was inside a private property that was void of other players both inside and out. The mugging was initiated against the group of 3 players (as is allowed in the rules) inside the property, but could not be completed after one did not comply. Just because we couldn't steal from them doesn't mean that they weren't being mugged. It's common sense that, when performing a criminal act and a firearm is discharged, that you will flee the scene promptly before the police show. And as I said before, it is also not against the rules to initiate a mugging on a group to target one player.

The surrounding area had no one standing, no one drive by, no one walk past. The door was being blocked and guarded by me, so no one could enter to "stumble upon the scene". Even if this did happen, this would not invalidate the mug. The mugging rules do not state this as it would be unrealistic to do so. It clearly states that you cannot kill or attack people that do, not that you cannot ever be spotted. You can never 100% guarantee that no one will come across you wherever you are. At the time the mug took place, the area was secluded, and when we left it remained secluded, please see the last moments of the clip provided which proves this.

As for "the possibility of others entering the restaurant with the door wide open", as I already stated this was being blocked and guarded by me, and everyone in the building was initiated in the mugging. Your argument was also brought up in the sit, and I said that by this logic, you cannot mug someone in Imperial, as anyone could just walk through the front door at any time and come upstairs. James, in his great wisdom, said, and I quote, "At that point it's just a raid". So we then argued that what we did was a raid. I agree that it isn't a raid, it was just the Senior Administrator being silly. It was also James who suggested in the sit that this was mass mugging...

Unban appeal - Fox - 10-19-2023

After investigation, I agree with the decision of the banning admins, especially on the premise that nearly everyone involved were on mugging characters.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules