Diverge Networks
Otto's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Otto's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6739)

Otto's Ban Appeal - God Tier - 10-19-2023

Your Character or Steam Name: Otto Rothschild, Groys Pilke

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_1:0:244919976

Your Discord ID#: godtier#3121

Reason for ban: ERP (Take a time out)

Length of ban: 2 weeks

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I got a two week ban for ERP which I had done, but like I havent had any shit for ERP. I guess I'm just asking for another chance cuz 2 weeks is crazy for that.

Why should you be unbanned?: I get that I was ERPing, and all that, but I was just tryin to have a good time and was fucking around with some friends and shit. Like in all, I get it's like some shit but two weeks for that is crazy. I know it used to be allowed and that I havn't gotten anything about it other than a note for moaning I believe, and even that was from may which is like 5 months ago. So when I saw a two week ban for fuckin ERP it was crazy, so I guess I'm just saying a two week ban is too much IMO, and asking for another chance and I'll stop messin. I'm not asking to be unbanned completely, but for something this simple, mabye the ban being reduced to a couple of days. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): I got a clip of what happened but like it dosn't really change the fact of it, or really anything. I'm sorry if I really messed with someone but to me it really wasn't that serious. Just messin around playing Gmod

RE: Otto's Ban Appeal - wirebat - 10-19-2023

"I get that I was ERPing, and all that, but I was just tryin to have a good time" my brother in christ this is a sentence NO ONE should ever say

RE: Otto's Ban Appeal - Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla - 10-19-2023

The erotic roleplay rule is a slippery slope that grants the administration excessive discretion in applying bans for "ERP." Making a joke by moaning into a microphone is not erotic roleplay, it's just silly.  Such a severe punishment for a harmless jest seems excessive and unnecessary. +1

In all honesty, we shouldn't be banning erotic roleplay to begin with, I'm in favor of revisiting the erotic roleplay rule and making it more reasonable and defining what is and what is not ERP to avoid future bans like this one.

RE: Otto's Ban Appeal - RaeLynn - 10-19-2023

The reason why i banned you is because what youve said and CONTINUED to do.. its honestly very disgusting and "but I was just tryin to have a good time and was fucking around with some friends"  doesnt give you the right to blatanly flat out just try and erp..

"henery let me go daddy!!1 i want youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" "say you like cummies" "starts pressing aginst the bulge in officer sylvesters pants"

disgusting...

RE: Otto's Ban Appeal - God Tier - 10-19-2023

I get that I made lude (if that's the right spelling for the meaning of the word) comments and shit, and am sorry if I was bothering anyone by it, or if I was bothering you by it, but while I was doing so I don't believe the officer that I was ERPing with or the whiteshirt ever asked me to stop or said anything around or of that nature. If they did and I continued I am genuinely sorry, but I don't believe any of them did, and I know that still dosn't make it right but at least, hopefully, shows from my perspective that I wasn't trying to hurt anyone. but I really wasn't meaning shit by it I was just tryna fuck around on gmod late at night after my main char got put in the pen for court, and wanted to have a little bit of fun and screw around for a moment before hitting the sack. 

And if any of the people involved are for some reason reading this, I am sorry brothers and I didn't mean shit by it, just wanted to mess around for a while, and am sorry if anything I said/did was wrong by you, that's not the way I meant it.

RE: Otto's Ban Appeal - ZOOMER - 10-20-2023

Hello, we had clarified with the banning staff member in question regarding what we'd define as ERP. We will be reducing your ban to two days instead for Minge | NITRP. Don't get me wrong, sexual jokes are allowed, but you'd have to ask yourself if going so far as to moan into the mic is really worth it or not.

Thanks for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via Discord.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 2 days.