Diverge Networks
Carpenter Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Carpenter Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6775)

Carpenter Ban Appeal - IanHub08 - 10-29-2023

Your Character or Steam Name: Carpenter | Character name is Paul Cerrito

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:567863431

Your Discord ID: the.carpenter

Reason for ban: PD Raid | Character Abuse

Length of ban: 2 weeks

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Darkfire approved the PD raid and if he wasn't able to, sorry but I wasn't aware. I don't think it's my fault if a mistake was made on the staff side of things. As for the character abuse, Rem said it was because I was playing with my friend on his other character and I gave him a gun to help me with a situation. So if that's against the rules, so be it. I'm not looking for a full appeal, but at least the time to be notched down for the PD raid because I suspect that was the main portion of the ban. 

Why should you be unbanned?: I was initially banned for a PD raid that was approved. I don't have an explanation for the character abuse, if a punishment is issued for that it is what it is. I'm not looking for a complete unban.

RE: Carpenter Ban Appeal - Rem - 10-29-2023

I instructed Fox to ban you as he stated you guys were already told no by him about the PD raid. Attempting to circumvent UA and go to lower staff is unacceptable.

Ban was originally 5 days, but I extended to 2 weeks.

RE: Carpenter Ban Appeal - IanHub08 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:23 PM)Rem Wrote: I instructed Fox to ban you as he stated you guys were already told no by him about the PD raid. Attempting to circumvent UA and go to lower staff is unacceptable.

Ban was originally 5 days, but I extended to 2 weeks.
I was never told no by Fox. I questioned the person I was with after seeing your post and he said Fox told him he could not PD raid without being PKed - not that he could not do a PD raid. But my friend and I DID want to be PKed, he says he made another ticket that said he would like to be PKed via a police raid. This is the ticket that I was involved with and it was taken and approved by Darkfire. In no way did I attempt to find my way around upper administration.

RE: Carpenter Ban Appeal - Fox - 10-29-2023

Perhaps my wording wasn't the best when I spoke to your friend, but regardless I said no and advised him that it was dumb.

In your message above, you clearly state that you spoke to this person before placing another ticket in. If your friend wanted more clarification you should've asked for me directly.

The admin who gave permission was in the wrong for giving approval, granted - but you, yourself should know better than to walk into the PD and light everyone up, for the selfishness of wanting your characters to be PK'd you disrupted other people's roleplay. If you really wanted to get PK'd that badly, we could've organised some sort of event.

RE: Carpenter Ban Appeal - IanHub08 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 08:14 PM)Fox Wrote: Perhaps my wording wasn't the best when I spoke to your friend, but regardless I said no and advised him that it was dumb.

In your message above, you clearly state that you spoke to this person before placing another ticket in. If your friend wanted more clarification you should've asked for me directly.

The admin who gave permission was in the wrong for giving approval, granted - but you, yourself should know better than to walk into the PD and light everyone up, for the selfishness of wanting your characters to be PK'd you disrupted other people's roleplay. If you really wanted to get PK'd that badly, we could've organised some sort of event.
No Fox, that's the point, you did not say no to a PD Raid. You said he wasn't able to do it without being PKed, which was fine because we wanted to get PKed.
So he created another ticket, one that you could have taken. Or even when it was taken, you were more than able to go to it.

And I agree, the person who gave us permission was in the wrong, not us, so we should not be getting ban time for it. I don't understand your point about knowing better than walking into PD and lighting everyone up - that's literally the point of a PD raid and we were permitted to do so. No matter what the effects were such as "disrupting other people's roleplay," which I don't believe we actually did, we were given explicit permission to go in and shoot.

You acknowledge that the staff giving us permission was in the wrong, what else are we supposed to do? We took the precaution of asking to do a PD raid and were approved to do so.

Carpenter Ban Appeal - Rem - 10-30-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 Day. (Major Reduction is from your characters already being PKed and the punishment would be too severe)