Diverge Networks
Application for Staff - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Application for Staff (/showthread.php?tid=6784)

Application for Staff - SamkAro - 10-31-2023

In-Game Name(s): Sam Johnson
Steam Name:  Strateguy26
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199103788181/
Steam ID: [b]76561199103788181[/b]
Discord Username: samthestrategist
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 6D 9H 41M
Time Zone: America EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:  5 Hours a day at least
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Not Exactly, But I have an admin friend who can hopefully teach me.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I want to be able to help new people on the server. When I first joined I had no idea what to do and an admin was the first one that really helped me. I don't exactly remember who though. I also know the admins get bogged down a lot and I want to be able to help with that. I believe I also know the rules of the server enough that I can be an asset to the staff team. I know previous actions are indicative of my not knowing the rules well enough. But I know that my next comment is an Honor System type of thing. I am reading the rules every day to familiarize myself with them in a manner that will be helpful even if I am not chosen to be an admin.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I should be considered over other candidates, because I am super active, I can be on a lot. I have experience in the servers justice and police system and know laws that can be broken easily. I have a wide network of friends and know current admins as well. I have no life, and don't plan on getting one. I know what rule-breaking looks like, as I have done so myself, I want to be honest about my past. I would be a good candidate because, I have screwed up, I know what happens to rule breakers, and I want to stop being the problem by helping to stem the problem.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long): No
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Once, I was banned for RDM'ing, but I thought I had a reason, which I go into more in other paragraphs. I made a mistake, I f'ed up. It does not show who I am as a whole though. Yes, I made a mistake, Yes I deserved to be banned for the set amount of time, but like I said, I'm reading the rules every day now. And I will not stop applying, I will keep trying and Trying. I will wear my keyboard out trying. I will show that I am better than what I did, and that is why I can be a staff member.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *  I am well known. One of my chars is a Supreme Court Justice. I know many people through this circle and they would all probably attest to my hardworking attitude.  I work diligently, even though this is a video game..which is actually kind of sad. I have a good reputation, I've done some dumb things, but then who hasn't? I've never been arrested and I still have my job where I hope people respect me. I have screwed up multiple times, but I believe I have learned from them all. I understand that I will probably not be chosen, and that's okay, I'm going to keep applying to show my determination and drive to succeed and prevail. I hope you consider this In your decision and understand that what I did on one char is not indicative of my other char. I did a stupid thing, that I believed I had a reason for. I know that I did a stupid thing and Have learned from it.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Lomac (Kyle Vanhorn)
-------------------------------------------------
Problem-Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would report it to an admin who is currently on duty. I would also try to help the person who got RDM'd to see if I could help get their stuff back, or at least work with the other admins to help.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Tell a higher-up than me and that admin, make sure that someone knows, and also possibly inform this person to stop, before I take action against them.. Everyone should have a fair chance.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I ask them to stop, as well as tell a different admin so that, it won't be me carrying out the punishment. Thus eliminating a conflict of interest.

RE: Application for Staff - anzati1 - 10-31-2023

-1 if your study of law applies anywhere close to your ability to learn server rules, you will be the worst and I really emphasize the WORST staff member ever.

RE: Application for Staff - Kylevanhorn - 10-31-2023

I think sam would be a good addition to the staff team. You are always willing to help people. You got my Support

RE: Application for Staff - Marzii - 11-03-2023

-1 literally just got banned for MASSRDM

RE: Application for Staff - Shittor - 11-03-2023

+1 great fit love the rp that just happened at pd!

Application for Staff - Canadian-bacon - 11-03-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.