Diverge Networks
Death and EMS. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Death and EMS. (/showthread.php?tid=6815)

Death and EMS. - Thinner - 11-07-2023

BIG ASS ESSAY INCOMING!!!! BE WARNED!!!!

KEEP IN MIND: This is a big suggestion and would change a lot about the server so even if this were to be favorable by UA and pendred it would be a long long time until this gets added. This is more of a brainstorm idea.

- New way of "dying" (getting sent to the hospital)

I think a good idea that others including myself have had for a long time is a change to the way you get sent to the hospital. Instead of always just straight up getting killed and respawning at the hospital, when getting killed (in a way that isnt a PK) it is seen as being in "critical condition" and will have you be ragdolled and have your body stay there for about 10 seconds to 300 seconds depending on

how much you were damaged. When you are put in critical condition the timer for you to stay there can be shortened down to 10 seconds just with doing more damage to the ragdoll (because realistically if you are shot 20 times, you are going to die quickly). If you want to attempt to save someone you can use a first aid kit on their ragdoll in critical condition and add 60 seconds to the timer (this can not stack and unless they have the maximum timer, and if they have something like 270 seconds they would just go up to 300 only) After the time is up you start dying for 30 seconds and then just respawn normally + your 15min NLR timer. You would also be able to give up and go straight to the dying stage and just go back to the hospital (if you get killed by someone who is able to PK you and you are not already PK active and are put into

critical condition, giving up can make it so the PK goes through, but if you are put under critical condition and are treated you have that chance to survive). I think this would be a more realistic addition to getting sent to the hospital because it would probably make people care more about dying when it isn't a PK so its more realistic. Its like how it is in FiveM servers kind of. This is very similar to a different GMod server that has a system like this.

And those could go along with my 2nd suggestion

-Emergency Services

I suggest we add my 1st suggestion and then add in the old EMS system that there used to be and tweak it a little bit to make it fit the first suggestion or do the EMS system I propose now. Or maybe a mix inbetween, idk.

This is just a very rough draft of how it would work:
Anyone would be able to become EMS and it will work like how the process to become a cop would work, just instead of being a cop, you can become a doctor. The

government official Emergency Services faction would have similar ranks like how officers of the law do but with different names and would have to follow the law but also have access to 911 calls so they could be on the scene if anything goes wrong. If you want you could also speak to admins about being a crooked doctor and work with criminals. There would probably be another discord made for this. You would go to take the EMS Test at the hospital. EMS will have a Pre-Recruitment test (like how PD does) to have you know basic things to know when taking care of someone who is dying on the street. EMS would also follow all EMS laws that we're in place during 1987. When you become EMS Certified you need to talk to a EMS trainer and let them know you have passed the test and they will train you and show you the SOP and all of that and after that

they would @ staff to add you to the EMS faction and give you access to supplies such as quality grade medkits (like the default ones in gmod but modified so it just heals passively and about 6hp points a second and you can't heal yourself, only others for balancing purposes. it would also he a faster way of healing other people when in police combat situations.) and other medical supplies like bandages, stitches, first aid kits and splints that are buffed and more "high quality grade". Maybe it would also be good to tone down some of the healing items that you can buy from the pharmacy and hospital and have uncertified people unable to use the high grade supplies so there is more of a reason to get a doctor in rp situations rather than just buy the high tier supplies off of them. You could also get critical condition status patients medicine based

off what their injury is. How it would work to treat a patient in the "critical condition" state would be by using medical tools you could buy from the special grade medical resources cabinet like a stethoscope to check the pulse of the patient and know how much longer they have left on the timer. If they are in the dying stage, you can use a defibrillator on you to put your timer to max (defibrillator would not be able to work on people who gave up so you cant just keep someone in the critical condition stage when they dont want to be put in this stage but also after the defibrillator is used they are not able to give up, using a defibrillator before checking their pulse to see if they went into the dying stage is not allowed by EMS and can get them demoted). Then you would take them by putting on gloves and using your hands to carry their ragdoll into

the back of an ambulance where you can then take them to the hospital. Then you would be able to hold C on the ragdolled patient and check how they got into critical condition (obviously not showing who damaged them, just what damaged them like a bullet wound, stab would, car, falling from a great height, etc.) After that you would be able to treat them with any sort of medicine and supplies based off their injuries. After you do all of that and the patient is treated you have to wait 30 seconds for the patient to wake up and when they do you inform them of what happened and get their name and file out a medical record sheet with the patients legal name, what they we're treated with and what their injuries were/why they went into critical condition. You then file that to the government website like you would a plea deal. When they wake up NLR would not take effect / only be like 2 minutes so there is an actual reason to stay in the critical condition. If the patient was involved in a

crime before being put into critical condition contact the police to put them in cuffs and arrest them by just making a 911 call before they wake up (the call will also be seen under the name of the Emergency Service doctor) Also call them if there is reasonable suspicion they we're involved in a criminal activity. There could be a lot more things to add to make being EMS even more fun and immersive.

Again remember these suggestions are just a result of my brainstorming and I think some of these ideas would be awesome to add for big updates, anything other ideas to add to this or to change to this are welcome below!

This probably isn't the most concise, balanced or best idea but I think it is an interesting suggestion, I have put a good amount of thought into this suggestion and I think that it isn't perfect but would add something new to the server that would give us a high quality RP experience. Also add some suggestions for this if you have any fr. Okay this big ass yapping session is over now.

RE: Death and EMS. - Thinner - 11-09-2023

i am NOT reading allat ?

RE: Death and EMS. - Marzii - 11-09-2023

would be so useless

RE: Death and EMS. - Eli-Moore - 11-10-2023

+1 monolith roleplay moment

RE: Death and EMS. - Thinner - 11-10-2023

(11-09-2023, 11:27 PM)Marzii Wrote: would be so useless
How would it be useless? It adds more RP into the server and adds more things for players to do. It makes it so you would want to die less and actually value your life even if it is a PK or not. Theres also a chance you can survive from a PK depending on very certain circumstances on what happens and if you are smart and act correctly. There is other things they could add to the EMS and death system to have even more things that doctors and other ppl in the server could do revolving around EMS.

RE: Death and EMS. - Eospin - 11-11-2023

hey guys you know what adds more RP? 300 second respawn timers that mandates additional players to join and very actively play government factions (which is already a struggle)

you can always tell when someone puts nothing more than surface level thought into a suggestion

RE: Death and EMS. - Loops - 11-11-2023

Saw another server implement the timers on death, no one likes it.
Adds more annoyance to RDM and accidental deaths.
I don't want to RP as a ragdoll for 5 minutes.

Although... Adding the 'Government Emergency Services' where you can be "put under critical condition and are treated you have that chance to survive", I could see working well with PKs that are carried out in public spaces (to admins discretion).

RE: Death and EMS. - Thinner - 11-12-2023

(11-11-2023, 12:58 AM)Eospin Wrote: hey guys you know what adds more RP? 300 second respawn timers that mandates additional players to join and very actively play government factions (which is already a struggle)

you can always tell when someone puts nothing more than surface level thought into a suggestion
Like i said in my suggestion you obviously didnt read enough, you could just press a button to stop the timer and just respawn

you can always tell when someone doesn't read the suggestion and makes a reply to it before they even think about it and instead of giving genuine criticism just being an asshole!

And if no EMS is on, obviously you would just press the button to give up and respawn normally.

(11-11-2023, 11:55 PM)Loops Wrote: Saw another server implement the timers on death, no one likes it.
Adds more annoyance to RDM and accidental deaths.
I don't want to RP as a ragdoll for 5 minutes.

Although... Adding the 'Government Emergency Services' where you can be "put under critical condition and are treated you have that chance to survive", I could see working well with PKs that are carried out in public spaces (to admins discretion).
yeah i agree with the last part that would be nice but then again there would be a button to respawn like usual. i get how it might be annoying with rdm but you could just respawn as per usual and make a rdm ticket ?

RE: Death and EMS. - Alphadef - 11-13-2023

Having played servers with EMS systems like this, almost nobody is ever going to wait for EMS outside of trying to survive a PK, which means no one who chooses to be an EMS is going to have anything to do, which means no one is going to choose to be an EMS, which means no one is going to be there to save someone getting PKd, which means the system will likely serve little purpose.

RE: Death and EMS. - Thinner - 11-20-2023

(11-13-2023, 11:40 PM)Alphadef Wrote: Having played servers with EMS systems like this, almost nobody is ever going to wait for EMS outside of trying to survive a PK, which means no one who chooses to be an EMS is going to have anything to do, which means no one is going to choose to be an EMS, which means no one is going to be there to save someone getting PKd, which means the system will likely serve little purpose.
True, other than pk's nobody would care. Nobody cares about dying unless its a PK anyway