Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6819)

Ban Appeal - prorockmonkey - 11-07-2023

Ban Appeal Format:
Below is the format that you must followed when making a ban appeal, you must copy all sections and fill them out in detail.

Rules:
You may only make one appeal per ban, if you are denied you must wait out the remainder of your ban. If it's permanent, you may appeal again in 6 months.

You may only comment on an appeal if you were DIRECTLY involved with the situation leading up to the ban OR the appeal is for a permanent ban. Replies that are not relevant to the situation will result in a forum warning and/or ban.

You must follow the provided template for the appeal, failure to do so will result in an instant denial.

Our bans page (https://bans.divergenet.works/) can provide any missing information such as the reason, issuing staff member, length, etc.

Your Character or Steam Name:

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): 76561199036976927

Your Discord ID#: oogway.m

Reason for ban: RDM, Fail Mug and Mugging character 

Length of ban: 4 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned? I should be unbanned because none of my characters are mugging characters. Mugging rules 6.You may mug one person / singular group of people every 15 minutes. Mugging again immediately, before allowing the timer to expire will be considered Mass Mugging. Realistically you must lay low after mugging someone. I have only tied up 6 people throughout the past 2 weeks, 2 of them being friends when they tap out, 4 muggings which half of them were from a raid where someone happened to be inside I can't really do much else then to tie them up. I have done many other things on this character, fake law firms, rouge taxi driver, process and a bunch of weed, and security. The fail mug and RDM in the clip that well I didn't see his pov but I assume exists, the person in the apartment radioed in notifying others knowing that we were in the building, once the door is open you can see my friend point his gun at him then you can see me point mine, he sees this, closes the door and attempts to lock it, in which i ran in, he bolted toward as he saw my friend outside with the gun which is then where i shot him. Looking back on it I probobly shouldnt have but there were people that may have been coming because of his raido and he had sevreal seconds to put his hands up and not lock the door when we were coming in, and then when I came in you can see his attempt to escape. This is a criminal character yes but its not made for only mugging, its hard to make money without a faction and Im not intrested in any of the current factions and I was waiting for an upcoming one that may get accepted. I waited the fifteen minutes every time because i read the rules and I am attempting to make as much money as I can which resorted to all of the stuff I stated previously, all of this wasnt in a day time span, this was through more then a week. Thank you for your time! ( I also got pked because of this)

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1CBkEQYfVs29fi/d1337X4TFtRe?invite=cr-MSxjeTYsNDE0MTkxNzAs

RE: Ban Appeal - Oboshi - 11-08-2023

Hi I was the staff member that banned you.

1st off the clip you showed is 1 Fail mug. Here is another clip too show the person that was being mugged POV. https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1CBk260-tpcrla/H7qXFyNsk7Vv?invite=cr-MSxLM2gsMTk2ODcwOTI2LA
After you locked pick the door he did try to close the door to get out of it. But, you ran into the door you gave him a command and he followed it. He did not move at all in the process right after you gave him the order then you killed him. Which is a False Mug. The Fear RP was enabled right when you gave him the command. He complied and you shot him for that.

On the other hand of the Mugging Char part Lu Noodle and Tyrel Grimlock tied period was 11 Mins. Not 15 mins. Plus all of the other people that you have tied in the process of other times. There is more tying logs but these ones stood out.

Reply - prorockmonkey - 11-08-2023

Hello! Thank you for responding to my ban appeal.

In my clip you can see he knew what was going on, he knew that he was being raided, he tryed to shut the door and lock it so his backup could kill us, When I went in as I was saying put your hands up he did go twoard the door, a few more steps he would have been out of my line of fire. Obviously looking back on it I shouldn't've have shot him but in the heat of the moment he already called for back up, tried to lock the door and close it, in my mind at the time I didn't see him as very compliant, I was rushed by the backup he called so I wanted to get in there as soon as possilbe, once again I shouldnt have done it but a few more steps he could have been out and shot my friend, Lu noodle or backup could have came from the stairs. 

The mugging character part, once again Lu Noodle was a friend who was tabbed out so I tied him and blindfolded him, you can even ask him. As stated in my appeal this is a criminal character and it is hard to make money, I did not only mug and some of those ties through the past week are friends and not all mugs, no admin has ever approched me on it and I was doing alot of other things, if someone said "hey you need to stop" then yes I would stop, after this appeal I will probobly never mug again lol.

Anyways thank you again for repling to my appeal

RE: Ban Appeal - prorockmonkey - 11-08-2023

No rush or anything but Id just like to note that I intend to purse legal RP after this occurrence, I do have a bail hearing today for a client so I am planning to go deeper into that field instead of risking criminal rp, all tho it benefits of money worth the potential of getting banned for these reasons. Any sign of rp has a potential of getting you banned if not followed said rules, and I would have stoped this if anyone would have said otherwise, I have had many staff encounters to dispute pks, locker roles and getting rdmed, none of which has ever said or warned me about the potential of getting banned for a few muggings over a week. up to my knowledge I was following the rules and I would just like it to be recognized that imminently after this appeal gets accepted/denied I will not continue in anyway of said matter. Once again thank you for reading all of this

RE: Ban Appeal - Oboshi - 11-10-2023

I just find it weird that you tied up your friend and blindfold them. In the rules it states if you attempt to tie someone it is considered mugging.
There are several ways you may initiate a mugging, the following actions can be considered initiation of a mugging:
- Attempting to Zip tie someone
- Holding someone at gunpoint with the intention of mugging them
- Holding someone at gunpoint and ordering them to drop cash / items

Since you did Zip tie your friend it would be considered a mugging.
When you gave him the order to stop at the door. I understand you could've lost sight of him. But, Lu noodle was on the other side seeing him he would've had full sight on what he was doing. I still feel like shooting the individual was rushed. You could've taken him as a hostage or something because of the backup. As well with using radio chat that was 2 doors across to know that he called backup just seems like abuse of chat box. In a actual standpoint you wouldn't of heard him call for backup but since you saw it in chat its fairgame. I know you are trying to roleplay on that character and such but doing these actions risk your char. You should already have known that when you started doing muggins / Zip tie people.

RE: Ban Appeal - prorockmonkey - 11-10-2023

Hello, once again thank you for responding, yes I can completely understand why its weird that i zip tied and blindfolded my friend, you weren't there so I understand why you would assume this but I can assure you, you can message him if you'd like for clarification, anyways it was just him in a house and he was in his head so i just did it as a joke, like when a friend has there hands behind your eyes and u guess who it is (expect it was in a sketchy basement lol). I understand it states that in the rules but RP wise that is not what happened. Concerning the mugging, I was under the impression that lu noodle had full sight of him when he was closing the door. I assumed the man inside knew exactly what was happening as he radioed it in (Last time someone radioed "Lockpickers Imperial" 3 guys came up and a shootout happened). Yes I can see what you mean by abuse of chat box but in the heat of the moment I was not thinking. "huh I can't use this or acknowledge this information because the door might have been fully closed". I understand I can lose my character doing these criminal activates but I am taking the risk of getting pked not banned, once again in my appeal above I can guarantee you nothing like this will ever happen again and the reason that I did end up shooting him and the circumstances which once again i would take back in an instance if I could go back but I didn't fully know if the door was guarded or if lu was checking the elevator and the other stuff I have already said.

Thank you again for replying to this, ik its long and I apologies for that.

Ban Appeal - DaSchmeeze - 11-11-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules