Diverge Networks
Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6822)

Pages: 1 2

Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 11-08-2023

In-Game Name(s): Joe Bobbe

Steam Name: ThatBananaGuy

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199159116434/

Steam ID: 76561199159116434

Discord Username: rizo7845

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game):  1 Week 6 Days

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 5-7 hours a day on weekdays and about 7-12 hours a day  on Weekends

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Kinda

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
My primary motivation for applying is the belief that I can drive the positive changes I wish to witness within the staff team. Presently, there's a shortage of dedicated staff members, often resulting in only one or no staff members available whenever I'm on the server. I aim to increase this number as having more staff contributes to a better environment. I genuinely enjoy being part of the staff and appreciate the break it offers from RP.

Another reason that compels me to apply for the staff role is the frequent occurrence of rule-breaking that often goes unaddressed whenever I'm in the game. Typically, these violations slip through the cracks because reports are responded to 20+ minutes later, discouraging players from continuing with their report due to the delay. I am eager to rectify this situation, ensuring a swift and efficient response to reports, and ultimately providing players with an enhanced roleplaying environment.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
I am unbiased as I do not own any characters within a faction, which helps me treat everyone fairly regardless of their faction affiliation. With my staffing experience, I understand how to make fair judgment calls and handle complex situations that aren't straightforward. I remain neutral, avoiding any favoritism or offering assistance to friends during sits, as I find such behavior extremely inappropriate.

I can dedicate extended hours solely to staffing as I have ample free time presently and don't engage in RP frequently. My enjoyment of staffing minimizes the risk of burning out, and if the environment is supportive, I am committed to serving as staff for an extended period.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes, I was an Admin for a server for only about 3 months.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Not yet Smile

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say active players know me, my reputation is for being a troll but I can take staffing seriously.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem-Solving

Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
I would inquire in the staff chat (if possible to create a ticket, unsure of the procedure) to manage this issue during a sit between me and the other party. If no staff members are available online, I would record the interaction and report it to another staff member. I aim to avoid handling my own sit, as it would present a conflict of interest.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
Make a compilation of all the minor infractions and report them to someone higher than them.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: 

Its an online friendship, i do not care, if they want to end a friendship over me enforcing rules then so be it.

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - LoganE - 11-08-2023

+1 good dude decent staff app probs would make a good staff member

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - Caboose - 11-09-2023

+1 Nice App

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 05:32 AM)Caboose Wrote: +1 Nice App
Thanks!

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - Eospin - 11-11-2023

just had to note you for lying to staff. You then threw a fit and asked for a 'supervisor', so I called over a UA member, and they agreed with my decision. You called an RDM sit on someone and forgot to mention, and initially denied, that you stole their car and got shot for it. Then you claimed you simply forgot that you stole their car as it had been too long when it had been a few minutes.

You also went on a rant about how you didn't EXPLICITLY state you didn't steal the car, just that you kept stating you went to the car dealer and that's where you got the car when asked if you stole the car. In a sit. That you called.

You shouldn't be staff

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 04:13 AM)Eospin Wrote: -1

just had to note you for lying to staff. You then threw a fit and asked for a 'supervisor', so I called over a UA member, and they agreed with my decision. You called an RDM sit on someone and forgot to mention, and initially denied, that you stole their car and got shot for it. Then you claimed you simply forgot that you stole their car as it had been too long when it had been a few minutes.

You also went on a rant about how you didn't EXPLICITLY state you didn't steal the car, just that you kept stating you went to the car dealer and that's where you got the car when asked if you stole the car. In a sit. That you called.

You shouldn't be staff
Sorry if I came off the wrong way. In life we all make mistakes.

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 11-12-2023

-Support lying to staff is not something to do. Sorry

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - anzati1 - 11-12-2023

-1 When he's not on PD he's causing trouble for anyone around him just blatantly minging and no intent to roleplay whatsoever. I know this might not be the right subject for this, but it does show maybe he'll have too much leniency for minges as he, himself, is one.

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - darkfire - 11-24-2023

-1 too low play time and from the notes and warns i dont think now is the right time to do this application. hope you learn from this and progress from it.

RE: Joe Bobbe's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 11-25-2023

(11-24-2023, 02:14 PM)darkfire Wrote: -1 too low play time and from the notes and warns i dont think now is the right time to do this application. hope you learn from this and progress from it.
1 note and my playtime is not even that low it is much higher now since I made this.