Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6838)

Ban Appeal - jordan_ - 11-12-2023

Your Character or Steam Name: Life is Roblox

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:150234913

Your Discord ID#: a.j.t.

Reason for ban: Metagame (POx3)

Length of ban: 4d

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned?: The banning admin claimed in the sit that I had metagamed VIA being in VC with my client while in an RP scenario with him (and others). The banning admin did not admit any further evidence, other than a screenshot of my client pinging me in a channel to get on, from which I believe is fully allowed. What isn't allowed, however, is getting told WHY they need me, but I frankly have zero control over that. The banning admin also said that I "already knew the charges before walking in" when I talked with one of the arresting officers about a charge. I said something like "This charge doesn't stack with this other charge" in which he said "Oh, I never said that charge". The charges the officer stated were "Possession of Illegal Narcotics, and Intention to distribute". The charges I THOUGHT he was giving were "Possession of Illegal Narcotics, and Possession with intention to distribute". Not a wild stretch, if Im being honest. With all things considered, and from what the banning admin told me during the sit, is that Im banned for doing something that is completely allowed for lawyer RP and also being in a VC with a guy which I guess means I have to be metagaming. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): N/A

RE: Ban Appeal - Yuki - 11-12-2023

Hey so im the member of staff involved with this and heres my side of the story. I was going around since there were no tickets up and I heard Edward burns say he needed a admin for a metagame case that had just happened so I replied and then was told what happened and sent the evidence. Which the primary being an ss of the man jailed saying this
“ @you i need help meet me at the police station.
Im arrested on false grounds.
Till they found dope to arrest for me for.

You responded im not even on”

You the person and one other were sitting in vc from this point,

Then you load in about 3 minutes later. After you load in there are no adverts at all but magically you run to the pd with one stop at your atm to put your gun away then charge in saying you were the lawyer. There was no one to tell you the charges as you were let in and ushered in by two detectives who hadn't told you the charges until you got into the room. Previously that had told your client ( who you were in vc and admitted to talking to) the two charges you said but the detectives had only told you one. Then started to go on about how they cant be stacked when they never told you which i agree isn't a wild stretch but when all the other evidence is at play it becomes much more reasonable. While you were in vc 2 ua members had joined since you were all still in it then as soon as they joined you were still talking and had removed them from vc and gone on deafen as you said during the sit. So with all of that information put together, I had concluded you were metagaming and to be honest you have multiple pos for metagame and the prior ban for it was a week long so I would take a peak at the rules and make sure you stop with the metagame. If you believe the actions I took were to much you always have the right to file a staff report. Have a great day!

RE: Ban Appeal - jordan_ - 11-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 03:43 PM)Yuki Wrote: Hey so im the member of staff involved with this and heres my side of the story. I was going around since there were no tickets up and I heard Edward burns say he needed a admin for a metagame case that had just happened so I replied and then was told what happened and sent the evidence.  Which the primary being an ss of the man jailed saying this
“ @you i need help meet me at the police station.
Im arrested on false grounds.
Till they found dope to arrest for me for.

You responded im not even on”

You the person and one other were sitting in vc from this point,

Then you load in about 3 minutes later. After you load in there are no adverts at all but magically you run to the pd with one stop at your atm to put your gun away then charge in saying you were the lawyer. There was no one to tell you the charges as you were let in and ushered in by two detectives who hadn't told you the charges until you got into the room. Previously that had told your client ( who you were in vc and admitted to talking to) the two charges you said but the detectives had only told you one. Then started to go on about how they cant be stacked when they never told you which i agree isn't a wild stretch but when all the other evidence is at play it becomes much more reasonable. While you were in vc 2 ua members had joined since you were all still in it then as soon as they joined you were still talking and had removed them from vc and gone on deafen as you said during the sit. So with all of that information put together, I had concluded you were metagaming and to be honest you have multiple pos for metagame and the prior ban for it was a week long so I would take a peak at the rules and make sure you stop with the metagame. If you believe the actions I took were to much you always have the right to file a staff report. Have a great day!

Thank you for the speedy response. I was under the assumption, as I was told by several people that during the faction leader meeting it was OK for lawyers to be contacted via OOC channels (DMs, ect) to get online. Again, David didn't tell me the charges at all, when I entered I thought I heard "possession of illegal narcotics and possession with intention to distribute". Being a lawyer of a crime family I quite often am prepared to deal with these charges, so I may have misinterpreted what James had said at the time. I do however have that moment clipped, and I do see where my own confusion is as "intention to distribute" isn't an actual charge in the penal code, but "possession with intention to distribute" is. To reiterate, James said his charges were "possession of illegal narcotics, and intention to distribute" I interpreted that as "possession of illegal narcotics, and possession with intention to distribute" as "intention to distribute" is not a charge. I personally contacted you VIA dms as to why I was removing the UA, and frankly, I could give a rat's ass less if James or Monaclu are UA or not, they were the people who arrested the lad, Im not going to have them in a VC with him for whatever reason. Again, I reached out to your DMs as to why this is the case. I understand my other POs but to be fair there is 0 actual evidence of any metagame at play here. If I gained any information from that roleplay unfairly, I do apologize, but from my understandings from previous ruling, lawyers ARE able to be contacted OOCly to get on the server. If Rem or Canadian could shed light on this I would be grateful.

RE: Ban Appeal - Yuki - 11-12-2023

To clarify the main reasoning for the ban was as i had mentioned prior being you were all in a vc coaching him through the situation and getting info from him before you were there via discord which is not aloud. And just to say this yes you are allowed to contact a lawyer over disc but you are not allowed to coach/get more info over it which is the case here.

Inside the dms you mentioned you said “All I knew is from his message, and even then I still waited to hear the charges from the detectives.” which contradicts what you said in your reply to the appeal.

in his message, all he said is “Im arrested on false grounds.
Till they found dope to arrest for me for.”

There was no mention of intent to distribute and considering Detective Hamir Abdul had mentioned that charge only to your client then you walked in shortly after and you were told just the possession then went on about how the two don't match and Hamir said something like that charge was never told to you. So along with the contradictions in your post and if you have a clip that says otherwise that would be great to see as of last night there was no mention of it.To talk about your last point of the dms but you did say to me you were all in vc talking and reassuring him and later on you say as i mentioned prior you already knew the charges prior to getting there which reinforces the previous response.

RE: Ban Appeal - jordan_ - 11-12-2023

At what point and with what evidence do you bring forward was I coaching him? The kid was clearly upset, and if you, a Seasoned Admin, are content with allowing a minor to act that way on your server, then to each their own I suppose, but when a member of my faction is that disgruntled to the point of emotions breaking out, I make it a point to ensure they are ok. I did not receive any info on the case from David, nor from anyone else prior to getting on scene, and this constant allegations of me "knowing the charges" before I got there is ridiculous. You have zero evidence for a metagame ban, and instead are using a single screenshot along with nitpicking my words during sits/on post. Its absurd. And again, James clearly said "Possession of illegal narcotics, intention to distribute." (https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1DuOYk3KOaoYSl/d1337CyMwVh6?invite=cr-MSxMY0wsNDE0OTc1ODgs). This clip reinforces my previous statement that "Intent to distribute" IS NOT A CHARGE! I know that it is NOT A CHARGE, and I do know "possession WITH intention to distribute" IS A CHARGE, which is why I brought it up. I do not mean to be condescending, but your response in DMs was very inappropriate, so it's clear I have to really spell this out for you.

So, since you said I am good to be called on in OOC channels, the only reason you banned me is for allegedly speaking to someone in a VC, which again you have 0 evidence on other than me being IN the VC, and the fact that I "knew the charges" before getting there when in the clip above, the charges are clearly read out. I have been a lawyer on the server for a little under 3 IRL years, and I KNOW "intention to distribute" is not a charge, and it is completely logical for me to translate that to "possession with intention to distribute", which AGAIN, you even said was a logical stretch to make. So what exactly am I even fucking banned for?

Ban Appeal - Yober - 11-12-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules