Diverge Networks
Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence (/showthread.php?tid=6844)

Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - Mike Hunt - 11-13-2023

Rules:
You may only make one appeal per PK, if you are denied you will be unable to appeal for that character again.

You must appeal within one week of your character being PK'd, appeals posted after this time will be automatically denied.

You may only comment on an appeal if you were DIRECTLY involved with the situation leading up to the PK. Replies that are not relevant to the situation will result in a forum warning and/or ban.

You must follow the provided template for the appeal, failure to do so will result in an instant denial.

Name of Character: Arthur Tolbert

SteamID:STEAM_0:1:543782484

Your Discord ID#: tolbert.

Date of PK: 11/12/1987

Reason for PK: Shootout with police

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?:I had found my old friend Mongoose and we were talking, he shoots at Martin Riggs. His friend then kills Martin Riggs. Out of nowhere, shots are fired at us from down the road, killing two of us. I run over to see why a minge is shooting, no gun out. From down the road it looked like just a minge so I had gotten close so that I could kill them. Once I got close I saw that it was a cop for a split second, obviously I didn't realize and proceeded to shoot at the cop. Going to reload, he kills another person. I peak out and I am killed. I am making this appeal because I made an honest mistake. Thinking it was a minge committing some act of RDM, I was acting recklessly.
If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1DB7OatCy_KbE2/d1337dKfposc?invite=cr-MSxOTHYsMTg1OTQzNjUwLA

RE: Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - Kylevanhorn - 11-13-2023

(11-13-2023, 05:01 AM)Trap101 Wrote: Cop didn't even identify himself, nor tell them they were under arrest. which is fail police procedure.
He watched a group of people attack a cop. I saw the clip from two different angles.

RE: Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - James - 11-13-2023

From my POV as the cop i saw a cop get killed I kill the 2 guys that did it then went over to where they were as I wasn't sure if I got one of them as he was hiding when I was shooting him then you walked past me and in the video could very clearly see I was a cop as you saw the blue name and shit then you pull your gun and tried to kill me but fucked it up so I killed you instead, you chose to shot a cop and you paid the price. also this non identifying thing why when I'm in the middle of a gunfight getting hit multiple times would I stop shooting and say oh I'm a cop that's how I get myself killed.

RE: Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - Canadian-bacon - 11-14-2023

Tolbert you need to present a rule that was broken to invalidate the PK, else based on what you said and the video you provided it seems valid.

RE: Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - Mike Hunt - 11-15-2023

(11-14-2023, 04:09 AM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Tolbert you need a present a rule that was broken to invalidate the PK, else based on what you said and the video you provided it seems valid.

• This does not apply if the Officer initiates the gun fire or escalates the situation to violence. (Note: In the server the tazer is non violent as it cannot physically kill or damage the player.)

• Officers may not execute suspects, they must make an effort to arrest a suspect and when possible render aid to a bleeding suspect.
These are the last to bullets in the Permanent Kill Section on the Pk guidlines, I think that the said officer didn't  try to at least arrest us, nor tried to do any form of RP, that in turn why I personally shot him, thinking he was a minge, the officer just started blasting the scene, and since later I learned he was a detective, should he have  called for back up? should he have told everyone there that they are arrest, or try to see what happened by RPing to see who shot the random cop. Personally the police RP to try and interact with suspects was broken in a way, but since my death had happen, if I get denied in this, there should be a rp consequence due to the officer exercising deadly force, on a group of like 5+ or more. If anything I will trust your judgement, and thanks for considering this PK appeal. Have a nice rest of your Night/Morning

-Tolbert

RE: Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - Canadian-bacon - 11-15-2023

Procedure is purely an IC issue. Your argument stems from

>is this suspect(s) dangerous enough to warrant opening fire / attempting to detain. Are they an active threat? Y/N

6 seconds before your 'group' / the person he was shooting had shot and killed a cop. Is the officer than warranted to use deadly force to put down a cop killer Y/N ?

Answer is yes.

Were you initially targeted or hit in the incident? Y/N No

You looped back around, got behind the Officer and attempted to kill him. Is he warranted to use deadly force to defend himself? Y/N Yes

Could you have escaped had you not opened fire and just left? Y/N Yes

If you thought it was a minge you could have not involved yourself by taking a conscious decision to open fire and called staff.

"Officers may not execute suspects, they must make an effort to arrest a suspect and when possible render aid to a bleeding suspect."

This rule does not apply since the person he opened fire on had killed a cop, valid use of force.

The main argument for the other rule you cited stems from 'if you had been in the group which he shot at, took damage and returned fire' but you avoided the flurry of bullets as they were not directed at you, got behind the officer and intentionally made the decision to shoot. Once behind him you can't claim you were defending yourself as the victim to an aggressor.

I fail to see how the police RP was 'broken' here.

Arthur Tolbert Pk appeal evidence - BoomRoasted - 11-15-2023

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified. Denied reasons are more because of the previous listed reasons, but also appealer made UA ticket requesting this to be denied due to him leaving server and HC roles.

You may not re-appeal this PK.