Diverge Networks
Grxzzlez Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Grxzzlez Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6888)

Grxzzlez Staff Application - Grxzzlez - 11-23-2023

In-Game Name(s):
Senior Officer Ted Cooper
Steam Name:
Grxzzles
Steam Profile Link:
Steam ID:
Discord Username:
Grxzzlez
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game):
1w 2d 18h 32m
Time Zone:
GMT
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:
3 hours a day minimum.
Have you read the rules?:
Yes, I have a full understanding of the rules due to having read them thoroughly.
Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, my microphone quality is excellent too.
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA):
Absolutely, very easy to meet and I will exceed it on a recurring basis.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:
I am indeed as I have used them in the past.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
For sure, first impressions are especially important and I wouldn’t jeopardize this opportunity by doing that. Integrity is very important to me and one of my qualities.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *
Talking from previous experiences of being Server Leadership, I thoroughly enjoy bringing people together. Creating cool role-play scenarios, befriending those who enjoy the same stuff I enjoy. Guiding those who not only are new to Divergent but Garry’s Mod as a whole. Overall, being Staff is a fantastic way to begin your journey in meeting new people and opens more opportunities for a good time not only for yourself, but everyone else too. In my experience, knowing that you have someone to guide you is very comforting as you know even if you feel lost, you’ll have the information you need quickly with short waiting times on ticket responses. In the past, I made many friends who I still speak to today due to me being amongst the Staff Team they were once a part of alongside me. This brings people together and when I finish my IRL job, the first thing I do is hop on Divergent. I enjoy what this Network provides and I want to be a part of its growth. I signed myself up for Icefuse due to the joy it brought me throughout my teenage years and I wanted to be a part of the very Network that brought such joy to me for so long. Divergent is the same for me as Icefuse once was before their Military RP server closed down. In addition to all of this, my time zone is GMT. I’m British, and sometimes when I hop on there are only 1 or 2 Staff members available. Ticket response times are slow during these hours and I understand that if I am amongst those Staff, I could help cut the ticket waiting times during the quiet hours. I am also available and play during the busy hours so I’m very flexible in my availability to take tickets and do what needs to be done. I know by applying for Staff I will learn more things and also bring good to Divergent. It’s a win, win so here I am applying. I’d love to be a member of your team and prove myself as being a great addition.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I’m a very outgoing individual who meets people face to face and I enjoy making other people feel welcome and guaranteeing they know I am happy to help not just as a Staff, but as a friend too. The importance of a first impression a Staff Member gives can and will single handedly make a huge factor in whether a player remains on the server or not. I have a great understanding of what is expected of any Staff Member and I hold myself accountable to such regards. As someone with high expectations, high work-ethic and a Leader I know I can make huge differences in a positive way to make the server as a whole a much more enjoyable experience for the entire community I’ve spent years dedicating myself to acquiring Leadership behaviors and qualities on a Network by the name of Icefuse. I spent nearly 5 years devoting myself to High Command in role-play, leading branches before stepping up to the plate as Staff and becoming Sector Lead on my designated server, Military RP. I was also Human Resources Manager, Client Services Manager, Recruitment Manager, Trainer Lead and Game Master. I held many positions due to my hard-work ethic and I would like to bring this motive and drive I possess to Divergent.I’ve been a member of Divergent on and off since 2021 and upon my return I have devoted myself to the Police Department and acquired the rank of Senior Officer. I take everything I do with a lot of enthusiasm and I don’t sign myself up for anything I am not absolutely confident in my ability to do to a great standard. In addition, I am British and I am able to get on at times when 1 or 2 Staff Members are online and not taking tickets. Basically, I am able to fix the long waiting times on tickets during the quiet hours due to my timezone and availability.
Seeing from this application alone, I don’t take anything lightly when I devote myself to something, I do my best. If given the chance, I can guarantee high quota exceedings and prove myself as a natural hard-working individual with a passion to learn and seek nothing but the betterment of Divergent as a whole. I’m a nice guy who has a tendency of winning the crowd and making people smile. I have a thread I posted on Icefuse when I stepped down from Sector Lead and my other positions where I had 5 pages of responses of people being saddened by my parting. I work hard, always and you will definitely be very happy if you give me the opportunity to not only tell you, but show you my work ethic and love for bringing communities together and working with a team, or alone to bring satisfaction to every player who joins or returns to the Network. My intentions are to someday be someone who has built a reputation on bringing nothing but excellence here not just in Staff, but role-play too as a Police Officer. I am a mature, calm minded individual and I would love the pleasure of meeting you all at some point in the near future.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Yes, I have years of experience in Server Leadership and simple moderation responsibilities too. As stated above, I was a Sector Lead for my designated server, Icefuse Military RP. Basically I was an assistant to the Division Leader. A Division Leader makes all the changes to the rules, hierarchy, etc… like a Server Owner. I worked my way to such responsibilities through years of hard-work. I was also Human Resources Manager and dealt with personal cases which I cannot disclose here, but I am experienced in handling sensitive situations that are personal and I possess the maturity to handle difficult situations calmly and effectively. I was also a Game Master Leader, so I took a large number of players onto the event server and created cool events for everyone to have hours of fun and excitement. I have experience in many different areas and because of this, you have a wide variety of uses for me during my time on Divergent if you do decide to hire me. In addition to my previous statements, I also ran meetings with hundreds of people on Icefuse Networks. Called a Global Meeting disclosing server changes/updates which at first was nerve racking but I have been through the experience and now I am able to lead meetings to large audiences with no problem.I have never been Staff on Divergent, this would be my first time. However, I have experience in DarkRP, Military RP and Police RP and I am excited for my future on Mafia RP. I have over 4,500 hours in total on Garry’s Mod and have enjoyed the many years I’ve spent on this game. I’d like to reach more milestones on Divergent and I truly believe this is the best way to do it.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
No, I have never been banned on any of your servers.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
As a Senior Officer in the Police Department and a Field Trainer Officer, I’ve taken a few people under my wingto help them better understand the fundamentals of not only being a Police Officer but the server too. I wouldn’t say I’m well known, that would just be an assumption. But, I have built a credibility for being helpful, active and hard-working and I love everything I currently do on Divergent as a Senior Officer.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Unfortunately, I haven’t had contact with Staff Members very much. Therefore, no.

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
Due to the nature of what I was once taught and how I held myself to, Staff comes before role-play when you sign up to be a Staff Member. It's your duty to guide everyone else’s experience to be joyful and not problematic. If someone opened up a ticket for any reason at all, I would respond as soon as I am able or make sure that another Staff Member gets to it on the fly. Players shouldn’t be waiting to be attended to and being off-duty doesn’t mean you should ignore all tickets and not do your job to any degree, in my opinion.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I myself would reach out to someone capable of dealing with this on the fly as they’re evidently jeopardizing everyone’s experience on the server whilst gathering as much evidence as I am able to bring to the one who would handle the insubordinate Staff Member. Understanding your job and not overstepping is important, I would get assistance as soon as possible avoiding further conflict for the players.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:
If you’re friends with someone on a ticket, it's my opinion that you shouldn’t take the ticket at all. You should leave it for someone else due to the biased nature that would be brought into the situation. As people, we’re naturally caring for our friends and we should have no biased standing when making Staff decisions. We should follow guidelines and policies given by our superiors and stick to them. I strongly believe this constitutes as biased due to the relationship you have with them and since they will most definitely try and talk their way out of it using your friendship to their advantage. So, I’d see that another member of Staff handles it as soon as possible.

RE: Grxzzlez Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 11-24-2023

Personally I thought this app was a Clean read and enjoyable as well. You do got to remember as staff members we are also players so we do like to RP at times. Plus not all staff members can accept all tickets such as PK and stuff.

+SUPPORT

RE: Grxzzlez Staff Application - Grxzzlez - 11-25-2023

(11-24-2023, 09:23 PM)Kylevanhorn Wrote: Personally I thought this app was a Clean read and enjoyable as well. You do got to remember as staff members we are also players so we do like to RP at times. Plus not all staff members can accept all tickets such as PK and stuff. 

+SUPPORT
I appreciate your feedback and am grateful for you taking the time to read my application. I completely understand and agree with Staff enjoying role-play just like every other player. The nature of what I was elaborating on was folks who become Staff who never take tickets and meet the bare minimum quota and leave it at that. My belief is that its important to recognize the importance of a Staff team and sometimes its necessary to put your work boots on and get in gear when nobody else is available to do so. For example, when you're the only Staff on the server in the early hours and a bunch of tickets are racking up. Much love for the feedback, I am glad you enjoyed the application and I am grateful for your support.

Grxzzlez Staff Application - Pendred - 11-30-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.