Diverge Networks
The Cock - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: The Cock (/showthread.php?tid=6919)

The Cock - GustavoGiggle - 12-02-2023

Name of Character: Shannon "The Cock" O'Rielly

SteamID:76561198364093039

Your Discord ID#:GustavoGiggle

Date of PK:12/01/2023

Reason for PK: Killed within 1 minute of lock picking a window

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: I would like to point out a few things and first say that i don't expect it to be appealed. I'm not gonna bitch and cry about it, it Is what it is, but i will say this:

1. Boomroasted is a bit of a cunt, He personally doesnt like me or my cousin (could be due to his delicate European sensibilities)
2. The PK rules need to be expanded A LOT. If you don't talk to an admin personally then you don't even know at least half the rules pertaining to PK's (It would probably cut half the pk appeals if the rules were stated more plainly) It says no where that If i die within 1 minute of lockpicking something I'm Pkd when i die, which was the reason given to me and cited in the logs.
3. I was also under the impression that it was not a raid if we didnt enter the building itself (not that it matters) every rule pertaining to Pks and what constitutes a raid should be written out. The Diverge Pk page is very limited.
Outside of that, it is what it is. Am i gonna stop playing? fuck no. the only thing that will possibly change is an uptic in robberies. outside of that its still the best GMOD server I've ever played on (and not just becaue i can say NIGGER)

RE: The Cock - Canadian-bacon - 12-02-2023

are you confusing boom (european and not staff) and boomroasted (staff and american)

Also the rules are pretty clear, it even says it on the main server rules page:

Robbery/Raiding Rules
-If you are killed during the robbery it will result in a PK.
-A robbery is defined as forcing your way onto a property with the intention of burglary or theft, lockpicking a door open or barging in with weapons while there are occupants inside or when the occupants step out. Squatting on a property is not considered a robbery.

RE: The Cock - GustavoGiggle - 12-02-2023

(12-02-2023, 04:35 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: are you confusing boom (european and not staff) and boomroasted (staff and american)
he might not be European but he sure sounds like it.

(12-02-2023, 04:38 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Also the rules are pretty clear, it even says it on the main server rules page:

Robbery/Raiding Rules
-If you are killed during the robbery it will result in a PK.
-A robbery is defined as forcing your way onto a property with the intention of burglary or theft, lockpicking a door open or barging in with weapons while there are occupants inside or when the occupants step out. Squatting on a property is not considered a robbery.
I was under the impression that it wasn't a raid or a robbery. boomroasted cited my reason as being killed within 1 minute of lockpicking something. thats not stated anywhere. it should be written in the rules that if you lockpick and die within 15 minutes you are pkd.

From my understanding.

The context of the lockpick constituted a raid, you were lock picking into a building of enemy faction you were basically trying to raid, the lockpick actions initiates as a raid attempt by you, as highlighted by the rule i pasted, and you died in the process of attempting to gain entry / after having forced the door open. It's not like you had left the area and died somewhere else after lockpicking, you died on site of the conflict.

At worst the wording is weak, but the concept stands.

RE: The Cock - BoomRoasted - 12-02-2023

TBH I don't even really know who you my guy or your cousin. Not European, fully blooded Freedom Lover over here. As I explained in the sit you were part of the group that initiated a raid and you died minutes after lockpicking the doors. Not going to beat a dead horse and just agree with what Bacon has said above.

RE: The Cock - James - 12-03-2023

What you did fits with the raiding rules and I don't see any evidence of rule breaks so the PK will stand.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.