Diverge Networks
Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) (/showthread.php?tid=6929)

Pages: 1 2

Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - Toast - 12-03-2023

In-Game Name(s): Lieutenant Jonathan Stone, Jim Grey & Nero Moretti
Steam Name: Smiley Face
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/smileyface111111/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:640945194
Discord Username: .toastedbread.
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 2mo 5d 8h 24m.
Time Zone: GMT.
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-4+ Hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, however I'm eager to learn, and I already have basic knowledge from watching other members of staff.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: * I want to join because I've spent a lot of time as a staff member on different DarkRP servers. In the early UK hours, there's often a lack of staff to handle support tickets, causing delays, resulting in a growing backlog and prolonged response times for players, which for most is not ideal. Sometimes, during busy times, staff members focus on role-playing instead of addressing tickets, which can also lead to huge wait times. I want to give back to the community by helping out and improving the wait times on peoples tickets being taken. With several years of staffing, from Moderator to Superadmin, I bring a solid understanding of community management and previous years of experience. My desire to contribute and give back to the community and assist the staff team so that I can help rectify this situation. It's a role I've strived to achieve in every community I have been a part of. Driven by the intention to reciprocate the help I have been given by the various staff members countless times before.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: * Over the years, I've gained substantial experience as a staff member on various DarkRP servers. I've worked my way up from Moderator to Superadmin, reaching the position of DarkRP Admin+ in my most recent stint about a year or two ago. I've dedicated more than seven years to my previous community, where I still maintain a presence, although not as actively. This prolonged involvement has given me a robust grasp of community management. My over seven years in my previous community, although less active now, have given me a solid understanding of community management.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Epic Gamers DarkRP - Superadmin, around a year. Cloud Gaming - Superadmin, a couple of months, however I've been staff there multiple times over the course of 7+ years.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I was banned from the Discord server in the past. It was an honest mistake I made on my first day on the server. At that moment in time, I noticed a large amount of staff members that weren't taking tickets, whilst one or two of them were actively taking them. So I took to the Discord to complain about the lack of staff tacking tickets, which then ultimately turned into an argument with some staff members in the Discord. I regret my actions and was eventually unbanned by Canadian-Bacon. I've also had a few bans on the server itself, with my last one being on the 5th of May, and was unbanned on the 27th of May by Rem. I got banned because of an RP situation gone wrong, I got really hostile to the member of staff that took the ticket and then attempted to use an alt account to ban evade.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: * After getting unbanned from the server, I've managed to build positive relationships with several staff members, becoming quite well-known among them. I've interacted with various staff members who've been instrumental in assisting me during my time on the server. Beyond the staff, I've also become a recognizable figure among regular players, particularly within the PD. I am currently still in the role of Lieutenant within the PD, and actively contribute to tasks like cleaning up inactive members, running events and assisting with training new officers, and assisting officers in the process of becoming FTO certified. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Fox, Monaco, Caboose, Oboshi, 4Lights, H4xx3z, Lucy & Microwave.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off duty. How do you handle this?: If I'm off duty and witness an instance of RDM, my initial step would be to advise the affected player to create a ticket using the @<message> system. In cases where I directly observed or was involved in the incident, I'd seek assistance from another available staff member to handle the ticket. In the absence of other staff members, I would switch to my staff character to address the situation directly, ensuring fair judgment based on the evidence provided by the reporting player and cross-referencing it with the server logs. Should the evidence align with the situation, I would administer the appropriate punishment. Furthermore, if the reporting player experienced any losses due to the RDM, I would take steps to compensate them as needed. This approach ensures a fair and impartial resolution even when I'm off duty.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: If I observe a fellow staff member, especially one with equal or higher rank, engaging in frequent abuse, albeit not overtly noticeable, my first step would be to address my concerns directly with them. I would communicate that their actions seem to be an abuse of staff privileges and powers, hindering their ability to perform their role effectively. I would emphasize the importance of upholding the integrity of the staff team.

If, despite my concerns being raised, the behavior persists, I would closely monitor the situation and gather evidence to substantiate my observations. Subsequently, I would escalate the matter by filing a staff report through the appropriate channels, such as the forums or directly to members of the upper administration team. This approach ensures a thorough and documented process for addressing staff misconduct and maintaining the overall health of the community and staff team.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: In such a situation, it's essential to prioritize fairness and impartiality to maintain the integrity of the server. Personal friendships should not influence the decision making process when it comes to enforcing rules. Despite my close relationship with the reported player, I would treat the situation the same as any other.

I would approach my friend and address the complaints, providing guidance on adhering to the server rules. It's an opportunity to educate them about the rules and expectations, emphasizing the importance of fair play for everyone's enjoyment. My goal would be to help my friend understand the impact of their actions on the server community and encourage them to follow the rules more closely. This approach aims to balance the need for enforcement with the understanding that everyone, including friends, should be held to the same standard. It would also be an ideal time to give them a guide on how to play MafiaRP and what they can/cannot do.

(Side note: I got warned/noted a few weeks ago by BoomRoasted about char abuse, I grabbed ammo from the PD locker and switched over to a different character. I am fully aware that this is not allowed, however as loads of other people (staff included) had done the same thing, I thought nothing about it. My actions were punished accordingly, and I have not received any punishment since, this was also my first warn/note since I was unbanned back in May/June. It was completely my fault and I would like to believe that these actions won't influence peoples decisions about my staff app.)
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - Caboose - 12-03-2023

+1 Great RP'er and Friend he would be a great addtion to the Diverge staff team.

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - anzati1 - 12-03-2023

+1 mature and would be a great fit for staff

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - EagleC29 - 12-03-2023

+1
Toast is a chill dude and also a great rp'er.
I could see him being a good staff member.

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - H4xx3z - 12-03-2023

+1 Really good at RP, understands the rules well and would make a great active addition to the team

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - Marcus Grey - 12-03-2023

+1 rawrrrr

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - darkfire - 12-03-2023

-1 for not making this sooner
+1 for staff member

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - Monty Grey - 12-03-2023

+1 good guy would be super dedicated staff member.

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - PoisonIvy - 12-03-2023

+1 this guy is amazing at he's rp, he knows the rules well. I think he would be a great addition to the team

RE: Toast - Staff Application (December 2023) - Marzii - 12-04-2023

+1 i’ve known Toast for a good bit and he’s a cool dude. Whenever i’be had a question I could go to toast and he’s almost always have the answer to it no matter what it is. Toast is really fun and never breaks character. As a former Administrator x2, I believe Toast will do great on staff.