Diverge Networks
Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Regal / Ellipsis Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=6959)

Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - Ellipsis - 12-07-2023

In-Game Name(s):
Nathan "Regal" Godfrey
Steam Name:
Ellipsis
Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:138182274
Discord Username:
ellipsis47
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game):
1 Month 5 Days 12 Hours 38 Minutes
Time Zone:
GMT / BST (UK)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:
2 - 4+ hours a day.
Have you read the rules?:
Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA):
Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:
I have decent experience SAM but have no experience with Nutscript, however am willing to learn.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.
What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
To get straight to the point, I am looking to improve something I and I am sure other players have a issue with and that is the wait times. Many times during peak hours and off hours I find that it can take anywhere from instant to 2 hours to get a response. With this unpredictability it can be hard to get anything done, such as Pk's, people Mass RDM'ing etc. So should I be accepted I will ensure I put all my effort when moderating on getting through tickets with haste to ensure people are not waiting a long time to get answered, however I will not lower the quality of my sits and divert attention and time appropriately to ensure a good quality of staffing still occurs. If a time comes that I can not take tickets or am already occupied instead of lowering the quality of my sits I will try and contact other staff to let them know of the need of moderation on the server.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
I would say the time I can dedicate far exceeds that of other players. While I do have IRL commitments, the time I spend on the server is usually talking to other players and doing legal work meaning if I need to step away to do a ticket I can do at any time. As you will also see below I am very experienced when it comes to different types of servers from Starwars and SCP to DarkRP and Sandbox so when it comes to basic staff etiquette and knowledge I have an advantage. I have decent experience from most areas in the server as since my joining I have spent time focusing on police, groups such as my current one Diamond Syndicate and other groups such as Gambinos so I understand and can help people from all sides of the server regardless what their issues is (unless its something that requires UA or a senior staff rank such as PK's).
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
My most recent experience staffing was as a Senior Administrator, Senior Event Team, Forums Moderator and Support Team on GamingLight SCP-RP. I was there from October 2022 - Aug 2023.
I can't remember the exact date however when Icefuse had its Jedi vs Sith server running I was an Administrator there for around 7 - 9 months before transferring to their Clones wars.
I have held other previous staffing positions but I either can not recall the server / date or it was for a length of time that was not significant enough to note.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have not been banned before. However I do have a note for Metagame.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  
I would say that for the most part I am well known as my role at Motel means I am talking to senior members of other factions frequently. I would say I have a decent reputation however this is coming from those I have asked in my faction and cannot say about others outside of that, but I would like to think I have something good. A lot of the members of my faction were under me and so I am aware they know me and haven't had any major issues, I also try to be friendly to other factions as well as said before I wouldn't say I have a bad reputation but can't say I have anything majorly outstanding in terms reputation.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Fox, Senior Administrator
Toast, Moderator
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.
Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If a ticket on it was made I would be sure to take it as soon as possible to help resolve the situation before any more damage can be done. When it comes to actually punishing the individual I would bring them to the sit room and hear the side of both parties to fully understand the situation. If there are 2 different SI would ask if either side has a video of the situation to serve as proof I can work off of as it is wrong to go off of purely hearsay. Once sufficient evidence has been provided I would check the notes of the perpetrator and hand out punishment appropriately based upon their previous offences. 
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I would clip any instances of abuse with the name of the staff member clearly in view. I would then ask other staff members online if they have this person doing it and gather any extra evidence and submit it to an appropriate member of UA through designated means.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:
When it comes to staffing being impartial and unbiased is crucial as you must make decisions based upon the rules put it out by server management regardless on who may have been accused of breaking it. If possible at the time of the ticket being sent in, I would send a message to other member of the staff team online that I am unable to take the ticket due to bias and request someone else take it. If unfortunately other staff members are not present / AFK / busy then I would still have to take it but remember to keep in mind my job as a member of staff. During the Sit I would only act upon evidence (Video, Logs etc.) and previous offences (Notes) and hand out appropriate punishment to the person as it doesnt matter if someone rarely breaks the rules things like anger can change a persons actions and so this sort of thing can be done by anyone. 

RE: Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - Toast - 12-07-2023

Friendly guy, good RPer and a good friend. +1

RE: Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - Pyro - 12-07-2023

Dedicated to his work, sound guy. +1

RE: Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - NoSanctuaryWPD - 12-08-2023

+1. Committed and friendly. Would do really good as staff.

RE: Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - Kylevanhorn - 12-11-2023

Delt tonight with you I believe. Had a good time.

+Support

Regal / Ellipsis Staff App - Canadian-bacon - 12-12-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.