Diverge Networks
Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Kyle Reynolds Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=6979)

Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - futile7 - 12-11-2023

In-Game Name(s): Kyle Reynolds, Kurt Steer, Martin Merryweather
Steam Name: futile7
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199442505003/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:741119637
Discord Username: futile7
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 1d 41m
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: A few hours a day, more than that on weekends
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
My reason for applying for staff, is that I want to help make Diverge a even better place than it is already. I am extremely motivated to help out in this certain type of fashion and it would be my honor to help people fix problems that are severe enough to be brought up to staff level. I have had a positive experience interacting with staff members on this server and would love to become one as well because my passion is to help people, I love being able to give advice and help to those who really need it. I have enjoyed playing on this server since earlier this year, and want to immerse myself in the sort of behind the scenes type of work that staffing really is. I want to learn how to help people beyond in character, and assist the other staff members in anyway I can. It has been a great passion of mine to expand my horizons and I feel that this is one that would fit my skill set.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  
I feel that I should be chosen over other candidates because I have a nact for being a hard worker in any aspect of my life, and I would dedicate by being online and as active as need be, but also I can engage with other people very well which relates to my in real life job is that I work with people well, and I enjoy making people have a better time within their setted communities. I do not have much experience administrating on Garry's Mod but there is only one way to get experience by actually doing the task at hand and everybody needs to start somewhere. Though I would be new I am a very fast learner and I catch onto things very quickly.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not have previous staffing experience on Garry's Mod but I have previous staffing experience in a Guild Discord for Hypixel (Minecraft) for about a few months.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I have not
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  
I would say I am well known in certain aspects of the server, I could say that I am well known but not everybody will know me like Monaclu. I am known within my tight knight of individuals that I acquint within the Police force and within the Court System, along side the Criminal faction that I reside in. My reputation I believe is that I am a respectful person but I do like to mess around from time to time which is understandable. I like to uphold myself to the highest level that I possibly can while in character.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Lomac
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 
If somebody RDM'ed me and I am off-duty I would alert an on-duty staff member because if I answered it, that would be a conflict of interest and it would be seen completely biased against the offender even though he did break the rules I believe that he should be judged by somebody that did not experience the violation that he committed.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would try gather evidence on this staff member especially if he is abusing his power because even though I am a staff member he said she said will not fly when it comes to offenses such as this and I would need to acquire different clips and testimonies from other individuals especially if it is disrupting peoples experience within Diverge Networks.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: 
I believe that if this person would cause me to be biased upon this case so much that I would not be able to do my job I believe that it should be handed off to another staff member who is completely blind in the case and does not know the person. But if I can I would be as impartial as possible because everybody deserves an equal standpoint on the server whether you know them or not it is the job to conduct yourself in the middle and enforce the rules that are setup within the server. So I would proceed through it like I know them but need to be completely aware of the circumstances.
--------------------------------------------------------- 

RE: Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 12-12-2023

Good read on this app. All because you got no staff experience in the past doesn't mean you wont do good. We all had to start some where.

+Support

RE: Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - Sal - 12-13-2023

+SUPPORT

Earnest and down-to-earth guy.

RE: Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - SamkAro - 12-13-2023

Kyle is one of the nicest and most helpful people I know on this server. I talk to him regularly and Have seen him be there for strangers, even when acting like complete minges to him. He is a person I would be glad to be called into a sit with to voice concerns as I know he would listen and take it to heart. I trust him to do the right thing and think he would be an awesome staff member.

+Support

RE: Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - Toast - 12-19-2023

Friendly guy. +1

RE: Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 12-22-2023

+1 He is a really good guy and would make a good fit for the staff team.

Kyle Reynolds Staff Application - Rem - 12-24-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.