Diverge Networks
ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=7028)

Pages: 1 2

ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 12-21-2023

In-Game Name(s): SGT Christian Johnson and Danny Cantera
Steam Name:  ThatBananaGuy23
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199159116434/
Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:599425353
Discord Username: rizo#7845
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2 Weeks 5 Days 
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-5 Hours a day about.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes. (The last time I used it was about 4 months ago)
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
My motivation for applying stems from my genuine enjoyment of the server. The gameplay is incredibly engaging, and I find myself able to invest more than 8 hours a day without losing interest. I've noticed that during the late hours, there's often a lack of staff presence, and I believe I can contribute to filling that gap.

My intention, if accepted, is to enhance the overall efficiency of the staff team. I plan to establish clear guidelines for bans and propose additional rules for the MOTD to address specific areas that may need clarification. A major goal of mine is to elevate the quality of the staff team, fostering a more conducive environment for players.

Drawing from my experience as a Game Master, I also have a keen interest in organizing events. I possess several creative ideas that I believe could enhance the overall gaming experience for our community.

Ultimately, my overarching objective is to contribute to the growth and prosperity of the server. Witnessing our community thrive is a source of personal satisfaction, and I am eager to be a part of that positive trajectory.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  

I believe I stand out among other candidates due to my extensive experience, surpassing that of most players on the server. My strength lies in maintaining an unbiased personality; I don't play favorites, and personal connections don't influence my decisions. I am committed to adhering strictly to server rules, refusing to turn a blind eye to any infractions.

My primary focus is on enhancing the overall experience and quality for every player. In essence, I possess a genuine passion for the server, driven by my extensive engagement with various Mafia RP servers, a game mode I particularly enjoy.

Additionally, I pride myself on possessing self-control and avoiding any display of ego associated with my staff role. I firmly believe that maintaining a humble attitude is crucial in fostering a positive and fair environment.

It's worth noting that I am not motivated by a desire for power. Regardless of my rank, my commitment and attitude remain consistent. My goal is to contribute positively to the community and ensure a welcoming atmosphere for all players.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 

I have been a part of several staff teams for various servers, although those experiences were years ago. However, more recently, I served as a Mod for a 1942 RP server for approximately two months.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:

I have never been banned before. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  

In my opinion, I'm not too well-known in the community (except in the NYPD). I make an effort to keep myself focused on RP-related activities and not get involved in matters outside of the roleplay environment. As for how others perceive me, I would say I am somewhat chill. I attempt to be serious when the situation calls for it, but during more relaxed moments, I remain composed without engaging in any minging. Within the family I am a part of, I strive to enforce the rules and encourage everyone to collaborate effectively.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: 

LoganE (Mod)
Problem-Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

I would initiate my duty by bringing the offender to a secure and non-RP location where they cannot harm others through RDM. The subsequent step involves checking the server logs for a record of the individuals the offender has killed. If any reports have been filed by the victims, I would proceed to bring them to an admin sit, where I would conduct an inquiry by asking pertinent questions. Following this, my responsibility would be to determine the appropriate punishment for the offender. If the RDM incidents involve three or more people, it would qualify as Mass RDM. Additionally, I would investigate if the offender has violated any other server rules and administer the necessary punishments accordingly.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

I would begin the process by launching OBS and initiating the recording. It's essential to emphasize that my intent is not to engage in a witch hunt; rather, my goal is to contribute to the improvement of the server. In the event that I gather substantial evidence, my next step would be to present it on the forums through a staff report against the implicated staff member. However, it is crucial to approach this with fairness and understanding. I would strive to ensure that the staff member in question doesn't face removal hastily, as I believe in the value of second chances. It's possible that they may not be fully aware of their actions, and providing guidance can be instrumental in rectifying any potential issues.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:

Initially, it's imperative to clarify that personal connections do not influence my approach; I treat all players impartially, regardless of our social relationship. The subsequent step would involve relocating them to an admin sit to address the reports filed against my 'friend.' My primary focus during this process would be to objectively examine the evidence and determine whether rule violations occurred. Following this assessment, I would administer the necessary punishment in accordance with the severity of the infractions. Subsequently, I would provide my friend with a link to the server rules, ensuring they are well-informed for future interactions. It becomes crucial to hold them to a higher standard moving forward, emphasizing the importance of adhering to the rules to maintain a positive and fair gaming environment.

I don't know what [font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-UI, -apple-system,] means but it's in my app somehow I tried to fix it but it does not go away.

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - LoganE - 12-22-2023

(12-21-2023, 10:33 PM)ThatBananaguy Wrote: In-Game Name(s): SGT Christian Johnson and Danny Cantera
Steam Name:  ThatBananaGuy23
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199159116434/
Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:599425353
Discord Username: rizo#7845
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2 Weeks 5 Days 
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-5 Hours a day about.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes. (The last time I used it was about 4 months ago)
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
My motivation for applying stems from my genuine enjoyment of the server. The gameplay is incredibly engaging, and I find myself able to invest more than 8 hours a day without losing interest. I've noticed that during the late hours, there's often a lack of staff presence, and I believe I can contribute to filling that gap.

My intention, if accepted, is to enhance the overall efficiency of the staff team. I plan to establish clear guidelines for bans and propose additional rules for the MOTD to address specific areas that may need clarification. A major goal of mine is to elevate the quality of the staff team, fostering a more conducive environment for players.

Drawing from my experience as a Game Master, I also have a keen interest in organizing events. I possess several creative ideas that I believe could enhance the overall gaming experience for our community.

Ultimately, my overarching objective is to contribute to the growth and prosperity of the server. Witnessing our community thrive is a source of personal satisfaction, and I am eager to be a part of that positive trajectory.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  

I believe I stand out among other candidates due to my extensive experience, surpassing that of most players on the server. My strength lies in maintaining an unbiased personality; I don't play favorites, and personal connections don't influence my decisions. I am committed to adhering strictly to server rules, refusing to turn a blind eye to any infractions.

My primary focus is on enhancing the overall experience and quality for every player. In essence, I possess a genuine passion for the server, driven by my extensive engagement with various Mafia RP servers, a game mode I particularly enjoy.

Additionally, I pride myself on possessing self-control and avoiding any display of ego associated with my staff role. I firmly believe that maintaining a humble attitude is crucial in fostering a positive and fair environment.

It's worth noting that I am not motivated by a desire for power. Regardless of my rank, my commitment and attitude remain consistent. My goal is to contribute positively to the community and ensure a welcoming atmosphere for all players.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 

I have been a part of several staff teams for various servers, although those experiences were years ago. However, more recently, I served as a Mod for a 1942 RP server for approximately two months.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:

I have never been banned before. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  

In my opinion, I'm not too well-known in the community (except in the NYPD). I make an effort to keep myself focused on RP-related activities and not get involved in matters outside of the roleplay environment. As for how others perceive me, I would say I am somewhat chill. I attempt to be serious when the situation calls for it, but during more relaxed moments, I remain composed without engaging in any minging. Within the family I am a part of, I strive to enforce the rules and encourage everyone to collaborate effectively.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: 

LoganE (Mod)
Problem-Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

I would initiate my duty by bringing the offender to a secure and non-RP location where they cannot harm others through RDM. The subsequent step involves checking the server logs for a record of the individuals the offender has killed. If any reports have been filed by the victims, I would proceed to bring them to an admin sit, where I would conduct an inquiry by asking pertinent questions. Following this, my responsibility would be to determine the appropriate punishment for the offender. If the RDM incidents involve three or more people, it would qualify as Mass RDM. Additionally, I would investigate if the offender has violated any other server rules and administer the necessary punishments accordingly.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

I would begin the process by launching OBS and initiating the recording. It's essential to emphasize that my intent is not to engage in a witch hunt; rather, my goal is to contribute to the improvement of the server. In the event that I gather substantial evidence, my next step would be to present it on the forums through a staff report against the implicated staff member. However, it is crucial to approach this with fairness and understanding. I would strive to ensure that the staff member in question doesn't face removal hastily, as I believe in the value of second chances. It's possible that they may not be fully aware of their actions, and providing guidance can be instrumental in rectifying any potential issues.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:

Initially, it's imperative to clarify that personal connections do not influence my approach; I treat all players impartially, regardless of our social relationship. The subsequent step would involve relocating them to an admin sit to address the reports filed against my 'friend.' My primary focus during this process would be to objectively examine the evidence and determine whether rule violations occurred. Following this assessment, I would administer the necessary punishment in accordance with the severity of the infractions. Subsequently, I would provide my friend with a link to the server rules, ensuring they are well-informed for future interactions. It becomes crucial to hold them to a higher standard moving forward, emphasizing the importance of adhering to the rules to maintain a positive and fair gaming environment.

I don't know what [font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-UI, -apple-system,] means but it's in my app somehow I tried to fix it but it does not go away.
+1 as far as i know him he is decent

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - futile7 - 12-22-2023

+1 Great guy perfect fit for staff

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - anzati1 - 12-22-2023

-1 same reason as before. Generally immature on his cop, including mic spamming. When he’s not on his cop he’s just outright minging and constantly causing problems for other people just to make their lives harder.

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 12-22-2023

You can say what you want but to just to let you know I can not be immature on my Cop char I am an SGT.  And on my 2nd char, I am in a family so I can't be a minge.

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - char - 12-22-2023

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - anzati1 - 12-22-2023

(12-22-2023, 02:48 AM)ThatBananaguy Wrote: You can say what you want but to just to let you know I can not be immature on my Cop char I am an SGT.  And on my 2nd char, I am in a family so I can't be a minge.
I am also a SGT, doesn't stop me from being a minge or mic spamming like you.
Just because you're in a family also doesn't physically stop you from anything, considering all you do in court is cough on purpose and yell over people after asked to stop a thousand times (not once, but multiple court cases).
You generally are not serious, you constantly earrape with soundboards.
You create "private trainings" for people to get into your bureau. (literally NEVER heard of before)
You cannot follow guidelines (bearcat trained a cpl (sgt+ only)) so whats to say you'll follow the rules or staff guidelines properly?
Gave a drug deal case to a PROBIE so he could get a plea instead of pursuing it further. (just generally cannot follow procedure)
You have been caught multiple times using AI to write for you.

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - wirebat - 12-22-2023

You were borderline minging on your "Joe Bobbe" character, the character that was to be don for the faction application you have put out. So I dont see how the "And on my 2nd char, I am in a family so I can't be a minge" argument is valid.

Another thing Id like to add. While im not directly accusing you of this because these sites can be faulty at times, I believe your answer to the "A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:" question was written with AI. I checked it against MULTIPLE different AI detectors and they had determined it was AI written. I will be posting screen shots in the form of imgur links below.

also you were previously caught using AI for the bar exam, again not directly accusing you, it is something to note. I will also be supplying a screen shot of this.

https://imgur.com/3w12FAM
https://imgur.com/UpYKQVx
https://imgur.com/S7pli3L
https://imgur.com/GDJ9mUF

Additionally, while this is not a big deal it just raises some eyebrows. On your first staff application which was made 09/13/2023 you had said you were 17 years old, on your next one 11/8/2023 2 months later you say you are 19, on this application you say you are 19 as well. Again, not that big of an issue just questionable

"Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?"

1st application - https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=6551
2nd application - https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=6822

overall with my reasons posted above and anzatis reasons, major -1 for me.

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 12-22-2023

Lying your age on the staff app? Sorry been through this shit before.

-Support

RE: ThatBananaGuy's Staff Application - James - 12-22-2023

an app you made a few months ago said you were 17, but this app says you are 19, how old are you?