Diverge Networks
Smokey - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Smokey (/showthread.php?tid=7051)

Smokey - Cameron - 12-26-2023

In-Game Name(s): André Martinez, Carlos Ramirez, Ahava Goldberg
Steam Name: 123
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198982096606/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:510915439
Discord Username: tylando
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 2w 1d 13h 14m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: With school starting back up maybe like 2-4 hours a day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yeah, but I'll need a refresher
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My goal in applying for a staff position is to assist those whose tickets aren't being picked up in the morning. I get complaints from a lot of individuals all the time about personnel being absent in the mornings and about people rping or afking. As I see many individuals doing IC things OOC, my next goal is to enhance the RP component of the service. Increasing role-playing on the server is one of my primary objectives. When tickets appear, I'm happy to switch to my staff char in order to assist them voluntarily, regardless of whether or not I have an ongoing shipment. When I'm on duty, I want to do everything in my power to assist any ticket, which includes making sure they have the greatest possible time on Diverge. Next, I want to use my knowledge to help as many people as I can. Some people find that handling tickets is very stressful, so sometimes staff members choose to refer them to someone else. However that is not me, I find it very easy to deal with tickets since I have previous experience.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I would like to spend two to four hours a day staffing and assisting the server. As a staff member, I want to diffuse tense situations. As a result of witnessing staff members in the past negatively impact the community on other servers, I want to do everything in my power to support the people. I'm here to help people; that's what I'm all about. Without this chance, I don't see how I could possibly provide justice, which is what the people want. Untaken tickets are a common complaint I hear from folks. Allow me to use this chance to support the community. Together, let's improve the server for everyone.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yeah I do, Rust SMOD 7 Months, Icefuse Mod 2 months, Diverge Mod for 1 Month 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yeah RDM x1 because there was a dude who shot up my building and ran off, then some random dude who looks exactly like the shooter pulls up to my building so I killed him. I also have a metagame ban.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I'd say I have a pretty well-rounded reputation throughout my time RP'ing on the server. I feel as other community members enjoy my presence and that I'm accepted in the community.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I witness someone RDMing someone, I shall switch onto my staff char and look into the matter to determine whether it was warranted or RDM. If there isn't a video of the incident, I'll investigate why they were killed. If they confess, I'll decide how to deal with the rule-breaker by assigning them the appropriate penalty during the sit.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Since I have little to no control over the situation, I would gather proof, observe what they are doing, and then report it to a higher-up to see what they would like to do about it. I would then leave it up to them as their decision is final. After that, I would carry on processing tickets as usual, ignore the issue, and carry on acting as the server.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would inquire as to whether they had read the server's regulations, and if not, I would highlight certain important details for them to look over. I would explain to them that even if they are my friends, that doesn't mean they can just disregard the rules and then I discipline them appropriately.

RE: Smokey - darkfire - 12-26-2023

-1 shooter - terrible at shooting
+1 RP - great at /me roleplay
+1 second time around the perma ban gonna stick dont waste my time.

RE: Smokey - JetBoi5552 - 12-27-2023

+1 smokey the goat

RE: Smokey - Shittor - 12-27-2023

-1 no

RE: Smokey - Kylevanhorn - 12-27-2023

Why were you prior staff on diverge... why are you staff no more?

RE: Smokey - justcallmeryan - 12-29-2023

+1 boom approves

RE: Smokey - Cameron - 12-31-2023

(12-27-2023, 09:01 AM)Kylevanhorn Wrote: Why were you prior staff on diverge... why are you staff no more?
I was prior staff on diverge because there was little to no mods on in the morning. I got removed/banned from the server for a stupid mistake that I will never make again.

Smokey - Rem - 01-07-2024

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.