Diverge Networks
Thomas' Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Thomas' Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=7079)

Pages: 1 2

Thomas' Staff Application - Thomas - 01-02-2024

In-Game Name(s): Jose Sanchez | Enzo “The Bird” De Luca | Senior Officer Thomas Wilson | Phillip Gray

Steam Name: memeze

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198339917264/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:189825768

Discord Username: mamezee2233

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w. 15h. 47m

Time Zone: NA | CST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-3 Hours on the days I am available to be on | I can be on 5-6 days out of the week.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes, I might need a refresher but I am familiar with them.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I think that there are a lot of reasons why someone would want to do this position. There are a lot of moving parts but I think the main point of being a staff member is to make the everyday player happy. You do not need to cater to their every desire but I think as long as you help them it can help the way they see the server. I have always liked being staff for all the servers I have worked for. I won't lie it has been a little bit since I did and I want to get back on the saddle again. The server has a lot of players on at one time and sometimes it can feel like there are not a lot of staff members on and you of course want quality over quantity. I am someone who can be both I will be both a good staff member and I will be active in my role. I sometimes want to get away from the roleplay of the server whenever I get burnt out from something it's easier to do something else that will make me less burnt out and for me that would be staff. I am here to help the server in whatever capacity I can and I think I can do some good as a moderator. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I think I should be considered over others because I want to help the server I dont want to be staff because it comes with powers or to be in control. I dont want to cause issues or problems I want to fix them and make sure those problems don't become even bigger. I have seen a lot in my years of roleplay and staff not only in MafiaRP but in the other servers and communities I have been in. Now, I'm not saying I can solve every problem, but I will be the one sitting there trying to fix it and ensuring that it gets my 100% attention. My dedication is something I feel like I can brag about when I want to do something I put all my effort into it I have done this in most of my staff positions. I think my experience is also something that gives a leg up on some people. Although I dont count my management positions as a success I dont think I did badly but I could have done much better and if I had been more mature at the time maybe I would have been an easier experience with some things. But something good did come from it I got better at dealing with things and staff-related situations. At the end of the day, I may be better than some but everyone can be good even if it's their first time, and although that does not apply to me I think everyone who puts in the effort and is loyal and a trustworthy staff member deserves to be here and I think I can be someone who also fits into the staff team.     

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have had a lot of staff positions over the years. I have been management for different MafiaRP servers like MP 2.0 and HD Networks this was around 5-6 months long altogether. I also have been a moderator for Typhon MafiaRP back then for around 1-2 months. I have also been a Head Administrator for Icefuse Networks for 6 months. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I have not

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I would say that everyone who knows me and or has any encounter with me knows I am serious and I know what I am doing. I dont think anyone hates me and or I have not made any enemies in the community. Most dont know me but the ones who do will say I am a good person.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Well I would make sure I recorded the encounter seeing as Im off-duty I dont think I should be the one who takes the ticket. I would make a ticket that someone got RDMed and make sure I give the evidence to the staff member to take the ticket. Then I would let them handle it as it does not concern me staff-wise.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Well, Evidence is the best witness so I would make sure I am recording encounters that I see and make sure that I have enough to then send to a higher-up if required I would make a staff report on the forums depending on what the higher-ups want. Make sure to not accuse them or anything just gather the evidence. 

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: Well, there is really nothing I can do I would not take this ticket as in my opinion, it would be some sort of bias even if the evidence is against them I would want someone else to look into it. The most I would do is tell the staff member whoever is taking the ticket that he normally does not break this kind of rule and to just look into a little deeper to make sure the decision is correct. But ultimately it's up to the staff member who is in charge of the sit.

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - krypsu - 01-02-2024

-1, have had my fair share with police, this dude is the most biased mf I’ve ever met, could potentially carry over into admin sits.

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Thomas - 01-02-2024

I feel I have had very little interactions with individuals on my police characters. I am a Senior Officer but I have only made around 6 arrests estimated on that character. If you are one of those arrests then I am sorry if It felt I was biased in any way that was never my intention. I never try to be biased to one side. If you could message me on Discord and let me know the situation we were in together it would help me understand what I did wrong. Thank you.

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Merc - 01-02-2024

+1 had a lot of interactions he is good at roleplaying and think he would do great at staffing for this server.

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Bear - 01-03-2024

+1 has alot of experience in the server, and knows how to handle RP Situations quite well, would make a good Staff Member

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Shittor - 01-05-2024

Take some more time and improve your reputation.
-support

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Thomas - 01-06-2024

(01-05-2024, 10:47 PM)Shittor Wrote: Take some more time and improve your reputation.
-support
I fully respect your opinion on the matter but can I ask what is bad about my reputation? I have no warning that I am aware of, no bans, I am not blacklisted from any factions. If there are things you have seen me do can you please let me know what those are so I can do better? I'm just trying to figure out what I need to improve about my reputation. Again nothing but respect for your opinion.

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - thiccnick - 01-06-2024

+1 Had some great interactions with this guy, he knows what he's doing.

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 01-08-2024

I do like a lot of your answers that you have written. Previous staff experience does help. I'ld be willing to give you a shot.

+Support

RE: Thomas' Staff Application - Trevoriscringe - 01-09-2024

+1 He's pretty cool to speak with, I've known him for some time.