Diverge Networks
Joeys Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Joeys Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Joeys Staff Application - Adon - 01-04-2024

In-Game Name(s): Joey "Iron Toe" Merlino, Adon Jurgen
Steam Name: Adon
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DaveGameing/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39463898
Discord Username: adon_88
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 Day 9 hours
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: It depends on the days I work; 3 to 4 hours on workdays and maybe 6 hours on days off.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiar with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
Long Answer
Questions preceded with an asterisk require a response of 5 sentences minimum.
What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I would like to be a part of the Staff Team because it's an awesome way to meet new people and build on characteristics that need improving. Being staff is a grind, and I enjoy enforcing rules to keep the server safe. I care about this community and want to contribute. I have a lot of experience, with over 14 thousand hours on Garry's Mod spanning almost ten years, staffing on various RP servers. I am patient and have a calm head, essential qualities for effective moderation.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I bring Alot of experience, having staffed on over 15 RP servers in different capacities. With 14 thousand hours on Garry's Mod, I have a deep understanding of the game. My patience and calm demeanor make me an effective mediator. I am committed to contributing positively to the server and community.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position, and how long): Free play RP, Head Admin for around 9 months. Promethus as an admin for almost a year. Dank RP, Senior mod, for 3 months, along with multiple roles on Arma RP servers and Rust.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I will provide a screenshot of all my bans.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I am think i am well-known among older players and those familiar with Garry's Mod. I prefer to stay with my own pepole , so outside of my factions, others may not know me well.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
Problem-Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.
Someone RDMs, and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would make a ticket and allow another staff member, preferably a higher rank than me, to take the ticket and handle it.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would record the staff member abusing, gather evidence, and report it to the appropriate person.
A member of your faction/friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would attempt to get another staff member to handle the case. If not possible, I would collect evidence and send it to a higher staff member. advising them to deal with it at a later time. Meanwhile, I would ensure both parties stay away from each other and watch them to make sure no one brakes any rules

RE: Joeys Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 01-05-2024

1 day 9 hours.. I don't think so.. get more time

-Support

RE: Joeys Staff Application - Adon - 01-05-2024

(01-05-2024, 03:50 AM)Kylevanhorn Wrote: 1 day 9 hours.. I don't think so.. get more time

-Support
1 day 15 hrs on server with 14,222 hours on gmod

RE: Joeys Staff Application - darkfire - 01-05-2024

-1 on the time spent on server.
+1 on the time spent on gmod.

I feel you need to spend time on the server a bit more before you can fully grasp the way staffing would work on this server.

RE: Joeys Staff Application - Shittor - 01-05-2024

You aren't well known at all in the community
-support

RE: Joeys Staff Application - Rem - 01-07-2024

I would have accepted you had you not had a decent amount of bans/warnings in ratio to your playtime. Though your playtime is not something I considered a deal breaker, but when in ratio to your PO (though 2/3 years old sure, but shows you lack new gametime and have not proved you are clean or capable of following/understanding rules) it's not good.

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.