Diverge Networks
Cars - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Cars (/showthread.php?tid=7115)

Cars - Thinner - 01-08-2024

I'm sure everyone in the server loves their cars but I feel like people don't care enough about them, cause they can just respawn their car if it explodes and just pay a small fee of 50 bucks for repair gear if they crash it so they don't care too much about carefully and realistically driving. I think that we can change this.

Things to add
- After your car blows up you would need a fee to respawn your car (3% of what its worth so if you have a 300,000 car that blows up its only 9k so its not overkill every time your car gets blown up) and also a big cooldown after you pay the fee so the mechanics can "rebuild it" (10-20 minutes) [i][i]WONT APPLY TO POLICE CARS BECAUSE THEY ARE PAID FOR BY PD[/i][/i]
- A cooldown for the car to be respawned in general (Like 3-5 minutes or something) 
- Towing your car when its stuck/you cant move it (Can probably make it a command or a C menu thing, just click tow and wait a few seconds for it to be back at the dealership or any spawnpads)

Things to replace
- Repair Gear > Changing it to > Just doing it through an NPC or menu and depending on the damage the more you have to pay (10% damage done means you pay 0.1% of what the cars worth, 50% damage, 0.5% of what the cars worth and so on with other numbers like 20% being 0.2 and 70% being 0.7%. Simple math) [i]WONT APPLY TO POLICE CARS BECAUSE THEY ARE PAID FOR BY PD[/i]

Problems with this (and how to fix them)
- Random people blowing up cars for no reason || Give cars more HP. Give players a notification when their car blows up so they can call admin about it. Give admins ability to comp them their car through a command so they don't have to pay for it when someone randomly blows up their car. There's already a rule stating not to blow up vehicles without a reason (Rule 7 in Vehicle Rules)
- Same people damaging your car over and over again || Them instigating with you over and over again may have them eligible to get a Don order on them. Threaten, hit or shoot them if they damage your car (make sure to follow the killing rules and give them multiple warnings before doing so. Previous solutions to other problems stated, if they keep doing it call admin.

Any other problems that you think might arise comment it, just don't be a dick about it give actual criticism.

In my opinion this would add more consequences for driving recklessly, purposefully blowing up/damaging cars, etc.

Everything in this doesn't need to be 100% taken word for word of what we should get in the game but I think in my opinion at least some of this should be added.

RE: Cars - anzati1 - 01-08-2024

or just make car damaged persist through respawning them so it forces people to repair them instead of just respawning it

(i did not read more than 5 words of the post)

RE: Cars - Thinner - 01-09-2024

(01-08-2024, 10:53 PM)anzati1 Wrote: or just make car damaged persist through respawning them so it forces people to repair them instead of just respawning it

(i did not read more than 5 words of the post)
that could be good to add aswell

(i understand lmao)

RE: Cars - Eli-Moore - 01-09-2024

-1 please stop making suggestions

(01-09-2024, 12:39 AM)Eli-Moore Wrote: -1 please stop making suggestions
this is why you are banned!

RE: Cars - Generic rapper - 01-09-2024

Would make it harder for minges on alts with custom cars to be annoying

(01-09-2024, 08:51 AM)Generic rapper Wrote: Would make it harder for minges on alts with custom cars to be annoying

fr!

RE: Cars - Alphadef - 01-11-2024

(01-09-2024, 08:51 AM)Generic rapper Wrote: Would make it harder for minges on alts with custom cars to be annoying
Not while custom cars are $1 and infinitely re-purchasable. They'd just buy more of em

RE: Cars - Thinner - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 10:03 PM)Alphadef Wrote:
Not while custom cars are $1 and infinitely re-purchasable. They'd just buy more of em
True could def do something about that too, maybe make custom cars like $250 or $500 instead of just $1. Probably take custom car privledges away from people that do stuff like that.