Diverge Networks
Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 (/showthread.php?tid=7129)

Pages: 1 2

Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - Seansx - 01-10-2024

In-Game Name(s):  Ronnie Cassano-Marteno, Ronald Iver, Tone DeStefano, Rick Williams
Steam Name: seansx
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198833978620/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:436856446
Discord Username: seansx
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): Diverge | Your total time is 1mo 1w 5d 13h 44m.
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-3 hours a day, a bit more on the weekends. 
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
As of recently I am no longer doing faction management, just rping here and there and am not really interested in grinding out a faction at the moment. However, this server is still something that I really enjoy and play frequently. It's community is also one that I have been in for some time and it's one that I enjoy being apart of. Staffing will give me something to do when I get on, and now that I have no responsibilities I can dedicate time to taking tickets and actually reaching quota as opposed to last time. I enjoy the server and I want to pick up something new to do, so why not try to do a better job of something that I previously failed at.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
Although my last time being staff on here ended poorly, I still believe that I am highly experienced and know a lot about the servers rules and the community. Although yes, I have broken a lot of rules in the past, this has helped me learn the rules extremely well, where as some candidates may still have to frequently reference the rules.  This also puts me in a position where I can confidently make a decision about a players punishment and not have to be concerned whether it was correct or not. I'm also pretty passionate about the server and have stuck around for some time and don't plan to leave it so I have proven that this is something I actually enjoy and will stick with. With my knowledge on the server and experience I am a better choice then the average candidate.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
Moderator on Diverge Networks - 3 Weeks 
"Roblox Moderator" ( as rem stated on the last application )  - 5 Months 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
My first two bans are older from early 2021, the other three are more recently. I will now list them below.

2021-04-26 : 21 days and 13 hours,  reason: attempted mass rdm/threatening to mass rdm the server. - I was 13, was an idiot and had recently gotten a newer pc that could run more games. Me and my friends had been watching darkRP trolling videos so we all got gmod ( may have already owned it but regardless ) and after getting banned from a couple darkRP server mafiaRP just happened to be chosen by us for our next place to troll.

2021-05-31 : 2 days, reason: NITRP - can't remember too well but based off the date and my memory we were just going around joining servers to mess around on yet again

2023-04-18 : 6 hours, reason: say it a third time you funny freak - there was some lag issues going on and I made an advertisement complaining, sent it a couple times and eventually got banned. Me and everyone else spamming was probably pretty annoying so the ban was justified. 

2023-05-25 : 4 days, reason: Mass Mugging | RDM | NITRP - I had joined a mugging group a friend of mine started up, we eventually got caught and we were all banned. it was pretty fair and taught me to no longer make mugging characters, I also learned a lot of rules and know all the strategies mugging characters use now so it's pretty easy to catch them. 

2023-08-10 : 3 days, reason: Metagame - This was the last time I was staff, I was in the Detachment Zero discord and never reported it. Because of my previous ban I never made a character and never participated in the mugging. However as a staff member I should've reported it regardless of the fact that they were friends. This taught me a lesson that will be applied if I am given staff again.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I think I'm decently known in the community and I'd like to hope that my reputation is mostly good. With the way the server is at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if there's people that dislike me, but most of those people only dislike me because we are on opposite sides. Every time I've actually met people who have disliked me and we actually talked the premediated issues stemming from IC conflict have gone away. I think that I'm able to represent this well by the fact that I'm recommended by people from both sides and I have good friends on both sides. I have learned to separate OOC and IC well and this has resulted in me being on neutral or good terms with almost everyone. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Dark, Caboose, H4xx3z, 4Lights, Shards, Shittor - Waiting on responses, will update as received.
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If would first inform other staff members through @ that a rule break is happening and would ask to be taken to a ticket so it could be treated correctly. If I was the only staff member on I would make sure that I am not in the midst of RP and not in a public area, then swap to my staff character. Although it's become a regularized thing I believe that it's best to avoid swapping characters as it often breaks rp. If the RDM was towards me on an RP character I would tell the person who reported it to make a player report it on forums as it wouldn't be fair for me to act on it and would try to get another staff member on

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I would first collect as much evidence as possible that this person was truly abusing and make sure it is all applicable. I would look through logs and get screenshots of everything. After everything was documented I would bring it to a UA, or the persons position was equal to that I would bring it to the community manager/head admin

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:
I think inherently everybody has bias so I would try to avoid taking the ticket, especially if they were a friend of mine. However if it was needed I would go through the situation, look at their prior bans and notes, and if they truly rarely did this their priors should be relatively empty. I would then reference my former punishment times for similar situations and deal that punishment.  If there was RDM and minging but zero priors they would just receive a warning however if they had priors they would receive a short ban. Ideally though the ticket would be taken by someone other then me as I've said I think there's always slight bias in situations. 

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - buzn - 01-10-2024

+1 guy is great been around for a while he knows what he's doing when it comes to helping out diverge in a whole. let my guy get that mod.

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - yumeko - 01-10-2024

+1 He's a super great guy and he's helped me through a lot! He really deserves it.

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - EagleC29 - 01-10-2024

+1 for the class president

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - darkfire - 01-10-2024

+1 nothing not already said from others

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - H4xx3z - 01-10-2024

+1 he's a good guy, brings alot of different roleplay to the server and has played every part/position in the server, has a huge amount of knowledge when it comes to the rules and other aspects of the game and i believe he would be fair to everyone. i think he would do great as part of the team. i've always liked him and he's always been a man who stands by his word. big one plus

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - Daviss - 01-10-2024

+1 would provide great moderation to the diverge networks community

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - ZER0LIVEZ0 - 01-10-2024

+1 Knows a lot about the server

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - Shards - 01-10-2024

+1 , Good player Would be great addition to the team

RE: Seansx / Ronnie Staff Application V2 - Jaecob - 01-10-2024

+1 chill dude tbh