Diverge Networks
TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=7142)

Pages: 1 2

TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - TheTacticalNinja - 01-12-2024

In-Game Name(s): John Reese (Main), Leon Pruszkowska (Never really play)
Steam Name: TheTacticalNinja
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheTacticalNinjaTTN/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:75749679
Discord Username: TheTacticalNinja
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2Weeks, 5Days, 5Hours
Time Zone: GMT-5
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-4 Hours a day. 
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
What is your motivation/reason for applying?:

I want to start with that I spent a lot of time and this is the only server I play on when playing gmod. I have a lot of enjoyment and truly appreciate the staff team for keeping the server as fun and fair for everyone. My motivation for wanting to become apart of the staff team, is to assist them in keeping the server fun and fair for all. It is in my opinion that the team could use more members especially in the mornings and later in the evenings as there seems to be a lack of staff compared to all the tickets needed to be answered. Being staff will also give me the opportunity to get to know the community better and is a way for me to contribute and show my appreciation to the server and community. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:

While I may not have the experience to currently be a contribution to the staff team, I am a highly motivated individual who is trainable and willing to learn! I want what is best for Diverge server and I know the popularity of the server is all thanks to the staff team keeping the server fun, and fair for all who joins. I feel like I am competent in the decision I make and one who thinks about things before I act upon them instead of jumping the gun. I feel like I also have the maturity and patience which needed to become an excellent staff. While I may not have much experience in managing a gaming community, I held upper management positions and managed people under me (I even built a team from scratch) which I think is a important skill to have in any administration position. Lastly, I want to to reiterate that I am highly motivated and the training and time that someone will put in me will not be waisted as I am dedicated in things I do and sign up for. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
As mentioned in my above statement, I do not have prior experience as a staff for an online community however, I believe my real world experience can assist me in being a staff for a online community.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  

I don't think I am know by many. The ones that do know me, I believe I hold a good reputation with me. I am a very patient and respectful person. I've met some of the staff due to having issues of my own when on the server and I don't think I've had one negative interaction with them. Most people know me as my main and pretty much only character, John Reese. I help a lot of people as that character from training, to giving advice, and teaching them the server rules and faction rules they need to know to enjoy the game while not breaking rules. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Lomac. One day I voiced my interest in potentially being part of the staff team and he seemed like he genuinely wanted to see me become one. At this point in time, I did not submit an application due to my concerns and wanting to get to know the server and community better. If I missed or did not mention other staff members who recommended me, I believe they would see my application and add a response.
-------------------------------------------------

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
I would let other staff members who are on duty to handle it. If no staff member is on duty to handle the RDM, I would finish whatever RP situation I am in and handle the situation myself. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

I would monitor and get some proof of them then, I would simply try to talk to the person and try to get them to understand that what they are doing is not appropriate. If they disregard what I said to them or continue their actions, I would reach out to someone on the staff team who is higher rank and inform them and let them decide what needs to be done.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:

As staff, you are giving certain level of trust and responsibilities to carryout your duties. I have to treat everyone equally and fairly. Just like any other ticket, I will proceed as normal and base my judgement on the facts presented regardless if I know the individual. 

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Eli-Moore - 01-12-2024

+1000 NO FUCKING WAYYY!!!!!!!!

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - macksisgamer - 01-13-2024

+1 this man is a good people and would be great for the Staff team

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 01-13-2024

You are on a lot which can definitely help the staff team

+Support

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Thinner - 01-15-2024

+1's all around this guy is awesome

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Thomas - 01-16-2024

+Support

I see him a lot and I think he has the time and the experience to do what needs to be done when it comes to staff.

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Cameron - 01-19-2024

+1
Good dude and great rp. He's always willing to help out whenever needed.

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - ThatBananaguy - 01-22-2024

He is a Good ESU CPL and a good guy in general! +1

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Toast - 01-23-2024

Never really interacted with you, but others have said good things about you. +1

RE: TheTacticalNinja's Staff Application - Jesus on the block - 01-23-2024

+1 john reese what more can i say