Diverge Networks
Thinner's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Thinner's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=7180)

Thinner's Staff Application - Thinner - 01-21-2024

In-Game Name(s): Matthias Shahzar (Shepherd) / Senior Officer Daria Durova / (Formerly) Raymond Galante
Steam Name: Thinner
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thinnerhail/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:172734480
Discord Username: thinnerdinner
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 1d 3h 44m / Around 500+ Hours
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: On the average weekday about 4-6 hours but on weekends I can be on the server for up to 9 hours
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I am willing to learn
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: First off I am really just on the server a lot. I know some people have told me to apply for staff and it sounds fun. Even though its 20 tickets a week, I know how many tickets are made daily and I could probably get 20 tickets in a day or two. I do have school but as of now I have no extra curricular activities so I am free most of the time. I also know a good amount about the server since I have been on the server for about half a year and especially the rules.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: Personally I think that I could really add something to the server as a staff member. I am always on the forums making suggestions for the server and I just want to better the server because its really fun, but there are some parts that could be a lot better in my opinion. I am only 15 which may make people annoyed at me especially because I have a higher pitched voice than most people my age but I try not to be annoying. Even though I am young I think I could still add something as a staff member and not be stupid. I also think I am decently good at looking at both sides of an argument and not just taking one persons side which I personally think a lot of people, not just in the server, lack. So overall I think I will just have a good, fun and fulfilling experience as a staff member.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have not had many other previous staffing experience, mostly just small moderation for small discord servers.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I am somewhat known just because I am on so much and I was HC in a faction at one point so people do kind of know me. I have a recognizable description and a recognizable voice so I'm not a super prominent person that isn't really remembered but some may recognize me. I think some people like me but some people don't. People like my faction members and my friends on the server like me but some people I don't know that well may not like me mostly due to me being young because, its GMod, people rag on you for being young. Also some people may not like me because of how I act in-character, which is honestly their problem because if you can't separate your OOC life from IC stuff, then you need to realize, its just a game and I just want to have fun and make memories. Im not saying im a huge asshole IC, sometimes I will be if im disrespected because thats just my character and its all in the game, but OOC I try not to be toxic to anyone or do anything to anyone OOC because OOC beef is just downright stupid. My rule of thumb is; if someone does something to you IC and you are mad about it, its fine, but being toxic and bashing them OOC is just immature. Same goes for the other side, if you are just causing problems OOC, thats just dumb. I know some people know me for being a funnily bad lawyer sometimes because im not 100% the best at the legal system but Lawyer RP is completely optional and, in all honesty, kind of dumb I decided to do it in the first place because I did get a contempt of court charge on myself once.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No but I have talked to some about me being staff and they mostly said that its just a lot of work and if I really wanted to try I should go for it but I think I can take on being a staff member.

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would simply clip it for proof, then just finish my roleplay and then I would switch to my staff character, pull both the RDMer and the person who was rdmed into a sit, go through how a normal sit would go, process everything and when im done, I will go about my day probably going back on that character or maybe staying on my staff char if I would like to take any more tickets.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would clip all of these things, then I would send them to a higher up to see their thoughts on it and then I would make a full staff report on the forums.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: I would do one of two things. I would either just take the sit like normal with my best judgement and try not to have any bias OR I would ask another member to take it who does not have any bias against them just to 100% insure that I wont be bias. I am not saying I would purposefully be bias but I am just saying I would do that to make 100% sure that I would not have any sort of bias in the back of my mind, if that makes sense. I believe that sometimes the brain just tricks itself into believing that something is okay when it really isn't.

RE: Thinner's Staff Application - faith - 01-21-2024

+1

Good rper, puts good suggestions in, mature and is a good fit for a staff position

RE: Thinner's Staff Application - Eli-Moore - 01-21-2024

+1. Sort of a homosexual, but hes more than capable of being staff. I truly believe that Thinner would be a great mod.

RE: Thinner's Staff Application - Toast - 01-24-2024

Can't say I've had any issues with you, you've got no punishments on record as far as I can see. The only thing I would say is make your staff application smaller, just because it's in a bigger size doesn't mean there's more to read. Overall a +1 from me.

Thinner's Staff Application - Rem - 01-25-2024

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.