Diverge Networks
TrippyHippy's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: TrippyHippy's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=7200)

Pages: 1 2

TrippyHippy's Staff Application - TrippyHippy - 01-27-2024

In-Game Name(s): Lyall “Fat Bastard” Dunbar, Oskar “Marx” Dyatlov, August “Demonio” Andrade, Officer Marv Macleod

Steam Name: TrippyHippy
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mikejc2622/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:153578349
Discord Username: trippyhippy.

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3 weeks, 5 days and 1 hours 36 minutes
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 10-15 hours a week
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I am willing to learn
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I’d like a change in gameplay, sometimes I get very bored with criminal RP and feel like I could use my time better helping people out here on the server. I play on Diverge more than pretty much any other game/server. This is a one of a kind server and to be a part in helping make sure the RP is immersive, high quality and abiding by server rules would be something I’d take pride in and strive for. I’ve contemplated staff for a while and with encouragement from my peers and some staff members plus a mostly clean record I felt well about applying.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I enjoy solving problems and settling disputes. From extensive IRL experience in both skills I feel like I’d be a solid fit as a staff member. I’m always willing to help and learn when it comes to this server, its gameplay and its rules. Adding staff experience to that knowledge would only help me better improve the quality of RP and gameplay that I can share and teach unto others. I’m also a consistent player usually on every night, I don't take many LOA’s and I’m good at combating burnout.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):No but I have plenty of IRL leadership experience from being the one in charge in most of the jobs that I've had and have over 2,200 hours in GMod RP servers (give or take 100 hours for idling)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *I would say I’m well known with a large portion of the community. I’ve been in for over a year and have been in and aided many factions, people and businesses across the map.I make a point to not hold bias when it comes to in-game “politics” so I have the chance to make as many connections, friendships and fulfilling RP experiences with as many people in the community as I can. Overall I’d say I’m known for my humor, dedication to creative/immersive RP and my ability to adequately handle authority and responsibilities.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Lomac, Oboshi, Monte
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:If I am off-duty but there are active staff on, I’d clip and make a ticket and follow normal RDM reporting procedure and continue with RP. If I’m one of few on and no one else can handle it, I’d talk to a higher ranking staff member about carrying out the sit myself.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:I would clip the footage and pull them aside and discuss why they shouldn’t be abusing their powers. If it continues I would notify UA with the clips about the abuse and have it settled directly.

[b]A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?[/b]:If possible I would have another staff take the ticket and assist but if I have to take it I would proceed with my best unbiased judgment and handle it like any other case and make sure the sit is clipped in case of claims of bias. 

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - RIPLUNNA - 01-27-2024

+1 Very unbias guy in terms of RP same expected here

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - Tj21003 - 01-27-2024

+1 good at managing people

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - Constantine - 01-27-2024

+1 Genuinely a person with great character and management ability. Mature as they come and undoubtably worthy or your consideration for staff responsibility.

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - Soulthedwarf - 01-27-2024

+1 it's been said multiple times but he is a good judge of characters

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - Raider556 - 01-28-2024

+1 Great member of the community always willing to help out other players.

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - EagleC29 - 01-28-2024

+1
This guy is always willing to help out people and is a super chill and dedicated member of the community. I think he would make a great staff member.

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - ZER0LIVEZ0 - 01-28-2024

+1 In the time I've known him he has shown that he has great rp skills and has good knowledge of the rules

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - wirebat - 01-28-2024

+1 good guy, always around and willing to help people, will be a great staff member

RE: TrippyHippy's Staff Application - Kylevanhorn - 01-30-2024

Always willing to help anyone on the server. All you have to do is ask him. He loves the RP server and wants to help the server by enforcing rules.

+Support