Diverge Networks
Trash Bin command - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Trash Bin command (/showthread.php?tid=7239)

Trash Bin command - Creambru - 02-06-2024

alot of people tend to just dump items sometimes and people tend to mistake this as an attempt to crash the server only because they're trying to dump their junk items, if we had a /trashbin command that pulled up a storage that would vaporize items when the menu closes it would be more convenient then just dumping them on the floor and waiting for restart or something

(02-06-2024, 08:29 PM)Creambru Wrote: alot of people tend to just dump items sometimes and people tend to mistake this as an attempt to crash the server only because they're trying to dump their junk items, if we had a /trashbin command that pulled up a storage that would vaporize items when the menu closes it would be more convenient then just dumping them on the floor and waiting for restart or something
^ also i understand this could be abused in some capacity but it still would be nice as a quality of life update

RE: Trash Bin command - Fox - 02-06-2024

Whilst I do like the idea of being able to ditch junk, although I think people would use it to clean up illegal items.

I.e, someone gets a tip off that they might be warranted for a bank search - instead of scrambling to remove the illegal items and potentially getting caught in the process, they would just be able to insta delete all of the items and clean up their bank logs in a few minutes.

It would be more beneficial to have an actual trash bin somewhere that players can go to - to fill full of their old crap, because that way they would have to walk with their items still / make the bin not accept certain items (drugs, weapons etc).

RE: Trash Bin command - Soulthedwarf - 02-07-2024

Just any way to get rid of the useless shit I got would be great XD

RE: Trash Bin command - anzati1 - 02-07-2024

junk npc for everything except for illegal stuff

and guns

RE: Trash Bin command - Creambru - 02-07-2024

(02-06-2024, 11:48 PM)Fox Wrote: Whilst I do like the idea of being able to ditch junk, although I think people would use it to clean up illegal items.

I.e, someone gets a tip off that they might be warranted for a bank search - instead of scrambling to remove the illegal items and potentially getting caught in the process, they would just be able to insta delete all of the items and clean up their bank logs in a few minutes.

It would be more beneficial to have an actual trash bin somewhere that players can go to - to fill full of their old crap, because that way they would have to walk with their items still / make the bin not accept certain items (drugs, weapons etc).
Or theoretically hear me out, every trashcan (the lighter green hollowed out trashcans not the beefy dark green ones) are their own individual storage space about 12x12 maybe less , just enough to fit a few things in there but not enough to dump huge amounts of items, items stay all the way up until reset and then the trashcans are cleared out, anybody can put anything in and take anything out of said cans.

i think this would add a pretty interesting dynamic to things where people do have the option to dump illegal items but in a more roleplay focused way where lets say someone gets murdered and the killer has the option to take his chances carrying the murder weapon with him or dumping it in a nearby trashcan to hide the weapon and potentially avoid a murder charge all together IF the police dont end up discovering the weapon or if some whiteshirt ends up finding the murder weapon in a trashcan and taking it for himself. 

obviously thats more far fetched but im merely spitballing ideas

RE: Trash Bin command - Jaecob - 02-08-2024

Give the trash bin command a limit + a rather large cooldown.
Make it like a 3x3 (9 slots) to 4x4 (16 slots) menu with a 2-6 hour cooldown.

Or

Categorize what the trash bin can't take to stop power gaming (just like ATMs and recently used weapons).
i.e. Can't take any drugs or drug related items, files and filed/recently used weapons, and anything else that is illegal.

+1 on the idea, but need to figure out a system to stop it from being meta.