Diverge Networks
Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7263)

Ban appeal - Outkast - 02-11-2024

Your Character or Steam Name: juice
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:515445868
Your Discord ID: _.cito__
Reason for Ban: RDM | NLR | Extensive PO's
Length of Ban: 1 Week
Reason for appeal; Dispute/Apology: The context to this scenario started when I was heading to car dealer to get a friend of mines car he was letting me borrow to drive around and recruit people to our faction. I got to car dealer and he gave me keys to the car, I entered the mentioned vehicle and proceeded to run him over since we were fucking around (This friend was Dr. Clean). I was then shot by James "Driver" Thompson, I was confused and asked why he did that and he said "You killed my clown friend". I first did not even kill him and second later found out that this guy did not even have the f3 of my own friend I was fucking with. I then admittedly went back thereby breaking NLR trying to get my car again, upon returning Dr. Clean was arguing with James and was standing still holding out a bat on top of his car, James then pulled out a gun and RDMed him claiming he was being threatened. I then waited a minute until James started walking down the street and shot him.
Why should I be unbanned: I can admit that I broke the rules, I apologize for that. I'm mainly making this appeal to see if the ban at least can be reduced considering that the entire situation started off me getting RDMed. I should have clipped it and made a ticket to request staff assistance with the situation to avoid the back and forth, that's something I will try my best to remember next time. I'm aware of my history and I'm not gonna pretend that I've always been the peak example of a good RPer. Over this past month I've been trying my best to avoid being a nuisance, this is obviously a considerably short amount of time and I don't expect praise for it, I mainly mentioned it to try and show that I've been trying compared to my past to be a good contributing member towards not only IC RP but also outside of it. There's a fair amount of people who could speak to my intentions recently and how I've contributed towards RP but also to building new friendships with many. Even if this isn't accepted, I will be back in a week to continue and hopefully try and avoid another situation or slipup similar to this.

RE: Ban appeal - Thinner - 02-11-2024

Hey, mod that banned you here.

1st. James did NOT RDM the clown guy because he did indeed threaten him with a bat telling him to give him money which is an active threat which is killable.
2nd. You seem to have left the game after you we're killed by World (prob from a car blowing up or dying after hitting too many things in a car) so I could not pull you for a sit so you could explain whatsoever.
3rd. It could be possible that James RDMed you though because it doesn't show in the logs you did any damage to the clown dude but if you ran him over on purpose on a sidewalk or something like that then it would make sense for him to kill you, but you could of just straight up made a ticket instead of going back and shooting him.

Also you do have VERY many PO's some as of recent and some which are a little earlier from last year which is a big red flag. And some bans too.

RE: Ban appeal - Tj21003 - 02-11-2024

can hold this story up sense i am dr clean the guy did shoot him with out a reason to defend me .

RE: Ban appeal - Outkast - 02-11-2024

(02-11-2024, 02:24 AM)Thinner Wrote: Hey, mod that banned you here.

1st. James did NOT RDM the clown guy because he did indeed threaten him with a bat telling him to give him money which is an active threat which is killable.
2nd. You seem to have left the game after you we're killed by World (prob from a car blowing up or dying after hitting too many things in a car) so I could not pull you for a sit so you could explain whatsoever.
3rd. It could be possible that James RDMed you though because it doesn't show in the logs you did any damage to the clown dude but if you ran him over on purpose on a sidewalk or something like that then it would make sense for him to kill you, but you could of just straight up made a ticket instead of going back and shooting him.

Also you do have VERY many PO's some as of recent and some which are a little earlier from last year which is a big red flag. And some bans too.
yeah i got killed by some dude ramming my car and it exploded and then just got off, i dont blame you for how you handled the situation. and i said everything you did, i know now that i should have just made a ticket instead of handling it like i did. at the time i didnt think of it as me breaking nlr because i was rdmed, i was also standing there and did not recall the clown demanding money but if that was the case then thats fair in itself. like i said i have been trying to avoid situations like this and have been avoiding them for a month, i also assumed that in the case of him reporting it the admin would notice the fact that he rdmed me and leave it there and if either of us continued they would be punished, especially since he goes around doing shit like this all the time.

RE: Ban appeal - Thinner - 02-11-2024

(02-11-2024, 02:27 AM)Tj21003 Wrote: can hold this story up sense i am dr clean the guy did shoot him with out a reason to defend me .
Yea unless he had your F3 he kind of had no reason to defend you. So most likely it was RDM yet that still doesn't matter to juice's ban because he didn't need to go and do that.

RE: Ban appeal - Toast - 02-11-2024

James Thompson shouldn't be shooting people for running people over. It's a staff issue if it was VDM and should be dealt with by making a ticket. Likewise if you believe you were RDMed. You've played this server long enough to know that. 7 days for a very minor situation seems a bit extreme.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 day.