Diverge Networks
My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. (/showthread.php?tid=7268)

My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - Coolwey - 02-12-2024

Name of Character: James Thompson

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:0

Your Discord ID#: Coolwey#3880

Date of PK: 02/11/2024

Reason for PK: Raiding I raided roughly 6 times in 2 weeks

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: I did nothing inherently wrong as a character as I was simply trying to go into the limited worldview of RP as I have been rejected from every family due to the fact that I was an ex cop and PD will no longer allow me to be on the force though it is currently pending that I may be given a second chance in my black list is removed however I have to do something in that time to fill the days and weeks of slow progress that occur on the server as such I am reduced to a lowly cab driver or a petty theft operator it is part of my RP that I occasionally check buildings so I can make enough money to survive I feel that I was unjustly piqued in the regards to the fact that it was a staff that committed the PK and I was in actually no danger of my life I did not even die at the time that I was PKD my character was simply Slade and then deleted. This does not feel fair. I understand that it may have been a bit much that I have been raiding but I always take a knowledgeable risk that I could be killed at anytime for raiding someone's domicile. it is not the only thing that I do with my character I also do regular events where I host barbecues I have food and clothing donations and as mentioned previously I am a cab driver who assists the police force regularly in making arrests my character could also be defined as a vigilante of sorts that works within the confines of the law to assist the NYPD as an ex cop or a private investigator of sorts. if I had the opportunity to sit down and explain to someone more thoroughly what I was doing I would gladly do so can I be given the opportunity to speak with an individual verbally outside of a wall of text? Also I would understand a lengthy ban for extensive rating but to simply have my character removed without any interaction of RP again seems lacking If my character is reinstated I will no longer raid unless it is for legitimate RP Reasons. 

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: I was just removed there is no actual character death. I'm sorry for what ever I did to piss off staff.

Here is video proving that my character is gone:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1UM0whjclSQ4Pn/d1337lwE72yB?invite=cr-MSxlT0UsNDQ1MjA4NjQs

I just want to talk if we can do that through voice chat I will explain myself.

I just want to talk if we can do that through voice chat I will explain myself.

Please don't immediately strike this down this character mean a lot to me.

I also did not know that raiding this frequently would result in a ban or pk that's why I usually did this 2 or 3 times on the weekend. I'm sorry.

I'm also part of the Tertia Optio faction which means that I am a special agent that regularly assists in operations inside and outside of the United states. meaning that I do have a valid RP we were even going to have a mission tonight at 9:00 

We even have our own discord and I can prove it if you need a link.

RE: My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - LoganE - 02-12-2024

Wait so you admit part of your RP is to raid buildings? So os this an apology or dispute cause sounds like to basically admitted to the reason you got PK'ed

RE: My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - Coolwey - 02-12-2024

(02-12-2024, 01:35 AM)LoganE Wrote: Wait so you admit part of your RP is to raid buildings? So os this an apology or dispute cause sounds like to basically admitted to the reason you got PK'ed
 It's not exactly the full extent of my rp but it does sometimes happen so i can do investigative work. Yes, it is an apology.

my point is i did more than this as a character my overall  rp was just limited and i sometimes did this. i never denied it i just didn't understand that this was something that was not allowed as the frequency in wich i was doing it and the reasons i was doing it was for were not nearly as extensive as they were made out to be.

RE: My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - LoganE - 02-12-2024

(02-12-2024, 01:45 AM)Coolwey Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 01:35 AM)LoganE Wrote: Wait so you admit part of your RP is to raid buildings? So os this an apology or dispute cause sounds like to basically admitted to the reason you got PK'ed
 It's not exactly the full extent of my rp but it does sometimes happen so i can do investigative work. Yes, it is an apology.
"I will.not raid unless for legitimate reason" right so you weren't PK'ed because of the reason but because of thr amount of times which qualified to be a mugging/raiding char...

RE: My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - Coolwey - 02-12-2024

(02-12-2024, 01:50 AM)LoganE Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 01:45 AM)Coolwey Wrote:
"I will.not raid unless for legitimate reason" right so you weren't PK'ed because of the reason but because of thr amount of times which qualified to be a mugging/raiding char...
 yes and i did not understand that as explained in a previous post i can explain it more thoroughly in a voice chat if you would like.

Would it be possible to have my character unpk'd and take an extensive ban for my incompetence instead?

My Character was OOC killed for raiding 6 times in 2 weeks. - Yober - 02-12-2024

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.

My reasoning is this: Your appeal is inconsistent. It seems like neither an apology or a dispute. What you did does in fact classify your character as a mugging character. If it started that way or not isn't the issue, what is the issue is what that character devolved into. You admitted to doing it and instead opted to try and have us give you a long ban which indicated to me that this is the more fair punishment as its meant to be taken as a lesson.