Diverge Networks
Originals Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Originals Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7287)

Originals Ban Appeal - Richard - 02-18-2024

Steam Name: Original
SteamID: 76561198311192743
DiscordID: bshooter
Reason For Ban: "Meta-Gaming Mugging"
Length Of Ban: 5-Days
Reason For Appeal: I was banned for "Metagame Mugging" im assuming this is because last night i scammed somebody out of their money in a drug deal, which to my understanding is perfectly allowed in the rules. I dont see how i "Meta-Gamed" from this encounter. Im not even sure how this could be considered a mug as no guns were used and no threats were made against said player.
Why Should You Be Unbanned?: No rules were broken.

RE: Originals Ban Appeal - darkfire - 02-18-2024

Hello i was the staff member who delt with this sit. Yes you are completely right about it being allowed to scam people just having no communication with the driver and telling the person you mugged that you were actively talking to them while on the phone icly with the person you scammed. Therefore having communications elsewhere. That is what is against the rules of the server. After checking the logs there was no communications between you and the person who you was working with (get away driver).

RE: Originals Ban Appeal - Richard - 02-18-2024

I was not in communication with the driver outside of the server, we discused it in in game voice chat before hand for him to wait around a minute and or pull up when i walk out to the curb. He was watching from a distance the entire time.

RE: Originals Ban Appeal - Toast - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 02:52 AM)Richard Wrote: I was not in communication with the driver outside of the server, we discused it in in game voice chat before hand for him to wait around a minute and or pull up when i walk out to the curb. He was watching from a distance the entire time.

Do you have any evidence to support your claims? Because looking at your logs, it just shows you loading your character, talking about selling drugs to someone I'm assuming over the phone, getting in and out of a car, swapping to a different character, rinse and repeat until you eventually got banned.

RE: Originals Ban Appeal - darkfire - 02-18-2024

(02-18-2024, 02:52 AM)Richard Wrote: I was not in communication with the driver outside of the server, we discussed it in in game voice chat before hand for him to wait around a minute and or pull up when i walk out to the curb. He was watching from a distance the entire time.
As i said there isn't anything in logs where you said any of that. there isn't any communication between you two until after when you guys gloat about the scam in text chat as well so very odd you communicated with voice chat prior but switch to text when everything is done, no whispers either so not like you had to hide what was said. There is a massive hole of communication issues here.

RE: Originals Ban Appeal - Richard - 02-18-2024

Lacking evidence on your end that we didn't type in chat to plan doesn't prove that i was communicating externally. Making it a moot point, as i stated previously we discussed prior to the deal happening in game using voice chat. Also as to when you mentioned that we “gloated” in chat about the deal after, this is because the person i scammed and 3 of his friends walked directly over to me on the opposite side of town and stated “Does 8 bricks of C sound familiar to you?” before opening fire on me in attempts to kill me. Which is very strange due to the fact that i changed clothes and he didn’t have my f3. So I was banned because you THINK I broke the rules but you had zero proof of me doing so? I would rather mods ban people based on solid evidence instead of a hunch.

RE: Originals Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 02-19-2024

Will reduce ban, you should not be in active voice channels with the person you are mugging with, all communication must be done in-game. If you need to communicate over long distances use radios it's why they exist.

Originals Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 02-19-2024

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 day.