Diverge Networks
Tyrone Quantavios PK - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Tyrone Quantavios PK (/showthread.php?tid=7302)

Tyrone Quantavios PK - Fulcrum - 02-20-2024

Name of Character: Tyrone Quantavios

SteamID:76561198839795462

Your Discord ID#: Kevlar

Date of PK: 2/18/24 I believe

Reason for PK: A pair of cops shot me to death while in a illegal arrest and raid at the wrong house in a 911 call.

Why should you be unPK'd? What server rule or PK rule was violated?: I had been AFK in my garage when two cops showed up becuase of a 911 call made in town house 9 (I was in the townhouse 6 garage AFK on my Bike) they did not go to townhouse 9 and showed up at my house instead. They walked up and i asked them to get off my property nicely. They in turn escalated for no reason and trespassed onto my property inside the garage where i asked them to leave again. He then kicked me off my bike and attempted to Illegally raid my house for no reason at which point the other officer pulled out his gun and i shot him and i was in turn killed. While i understand getting into a firefight with a police officer is a PK they should not have been at my house in the first place and i attempted to talk with them and defuse the situation to no avail. For that reason i wish to have my character brought back as they escalated and caused the entire scene and believe the PK rule on officers escalating to a PK should apply here with these rules. (You may not bait someone into a PK. This means that starting a confrontation in order to escalate it then use that as a reason to PK someone, this is not permitted.) (Initiating a shootout or violent confrontation with Police can lead to a PK. Killing or attacking an Officer after initiating a violent confrontation leaves you PK active from officers for about 15 minutes. Generally we want people to not immediately go for the gun when dealing with Police, as a result if you escalate a situation to a shootout and lose you can be punished via PK as your character was killed. This does not apply if it is the Police that fired first or escalated to a shootout.
  • This does not apply to players who hit officers with their fists (Unless they Murder them)
  • This applies when a person shoots / stabs police for no reason or for a non valid reason (Traffic Ticket/insults/etc)
  • This does not apply if the Officer initiates the gun fire or escalates the situation to violence. (Note: In the server the tazer is non violent as it cannot physically kill or damage the player.)
  • Officers may not execute suspects, they must make an effort to arrest a suspect and when possible render aid to a bleeding suspect.)

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: None.

RE: Tyrone Quantavios PK - LucidMangos - 02-20-2024

I am not the admin that took the sit, however. According to the logs and clip which, I will leave to the admin who took the sit to post and clarify anymore information. But from the way I see it, regardless of whether they were on the wrong property that is something that would be IC and if it was indeed an illegal raid, that would allow you to hire a lawyer and bring it to court. One thing I see a lot of players confuse is the fact that just bc an LEO is doing something they shouldn't be doing and considered corrupt (ICly) shooting them and then dying doesnt give you the excuse to be un PK'd.

The rules you listed doesnt even apply to the situation that happened. They attempted to detain you, and you shot first and proceeded to die. in fact in the clip you completely contradict yourself. You pulled a gun out first shot first and died. you quoted Diverges rules: "Generally we want people to not immediately go for the gun when dealing with Police, as a result if you escalate a situation to a shootout and lose you can be punished via PK as your character was killed" and thats exactly what you did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUizB1l1F94

RE: Tyrone Quantavios PK - Caboose - 02-20-2024

Hey there!
I'm the admin who did the PK. As Mangos said in the last post, none of the rules you mentioned don't apply at all in this situation. Yes this could've been an illegal raid on the townhouse but that is an purely IC issue that could've been resolved with an IA report on the officers, but you didn't want to be detained at the moment in time and decided to attempt to shoot the officers in result of you dying/PKd.

RE: Tyrone Quantavios PK - Fox - 02-20-2024

Declining this PK as the previous staff pointed out, there are IC routes you could've taken but instead you chose to try and fight 2 cops.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.