Diverge Networks
Greenghost's Staff App. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Greenghost's Staff App. (/showthread.php?tid=7303)

Greenghost's Staff App. - Greenghost_906 - 02-21-2024

In-Game Name(s): Angelo Gallo II, Ian Hancock Sr., Owen Davis, Joel Ironhand
Steam Name: Greenghost_906
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199528867371/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:784300821
Discord Username: greenghost_906
When did you first join the server: Late 2020 (on a different account), then I rejoined in July of 2023
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 4 Weeks, 1 Day, 22 Hours
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-6 Hours during weekdays, most likely doubled on weekends
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I can probably learn it
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I've been on the server for a while and thought about doing this for abit now. I tend to be fairly active and I've had mostly positive interactions with staff on the server. I always end up seeing tickets get left hanging for too long (most of the time because staff are on their char's, perfectly reasonable) and feel that I could at least help mitigate that negative experience. I hope to eventually become a Game Master (events are hella fun), and while on that process I can help GM's with their events and stuff. I also have come up on some free time recently, so it should work out for my schedule.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I've been in the server for a bit, combining my current experiences with my past, and don't plan on dipping any time soon. I've gone through experiences with staff myself (I may have teetered on the edge of breaking RDM rules a bit a few months ago) and have learned from those experiences, being able to use them for the position. I have a good understanding of the responsibilities of a staff member and have branched out to quite a few different areas of RP in the server, having a good understanding of a lot of it. Thanks to my timezone, I'm able to be on during late hours of the night, which will further mitigate that feeling of staff ignoring tickets. I'm also generally a chill guy and like getting both sides of conflicts before judging them. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Nope
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I'm somewhat known by others I interact with. My voice is distinct and gets me noticed on my different characters and have a neutral/good relationship with almost everyone I've met. I don't know of anyone who has a vendetta against me or generally hates me, nor do I act in a way that will obviously cause those bad relations. Thanks to me branching out to multiple areas of RP quite a few people know me and have had good relations with me. I tend to be respectful to those I meet (unless there's an IC reason to be hostile), and am OOCly chill with those I am hostile to IC.
What is your favorite moment on Diverge so far?: My favorite moment so far from Diverge has been causing Clarence Hamburg's death as Greg Hamburg.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: ZER0LIVEZ0
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If other staff members are available I would advise the victim to make an RDM ticket, as me witnessing always makes being a judge of it an iffy situation. If no other staff member is able to take the ticket then I would hop on my staff char. and handle the situation. First, I'd ask the reporting player to give context and provide any clips/evidence, and go through logs to see if that lines up. I would then pull the potential offender into the sit and ask for their side of the story and/or evidence. Based on what's been provided (or lack thereof) I would then dismiss the sit or provide according punishment. If the victim was actually a victim, then I would try to comp them the best I could according to the situation.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would first ask what exactly was going one to see if it was abuse in the first place, then if it continues I'd compile evidence of the potential abuse over time until it is enough to approach a higher staff member with the issue.  
A member of your faction/friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?: As this would be a conflict of interest for me, I'd leave myself out of the ticket, as it's not my duty to involve myself in a biased situation. If it is something I can advise my friend against, I would do so.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Greenghost's Staff App. - wirebat - 02-21-2024

+1, good guy, good rper, would make a great addition to staff team

RE: Greenghost's Staff App. - Soulthedwarf - 02-22-2024

+1 good guy funny dude bit-1 he's kinda a lame son jk jk he would definitely be a good staff member

Greenghost's Staff App. - Rem - 02-23-2024

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.