Diverge Networks
Nevoga Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Nevoga Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7312)

Nevoga Ban Appeal - Nevoga - 02-23-2024

Your Character or Steam Name: Nevoga

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve) :STEAM_0:0:181308551

Your Discord ID#: realbobbyjohnson_hotmail.com

Reason for ban: Meta Game

Length of ban: 3 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned? I got onto the server today and immediately began building a stage for my factions property, I had been doing this for what I'm pretty sure was 2 hours whilst being alone in my factions diverge owned discord server while also deafened as I was listening to music. While building I watched 3 people run into the club I was building in. They wouldn't identify themselves and began entering restricted rooms and playing music without leaving when told so I shot them as I wasn't able to remove them myself as I have been forced to do many times when unauthorized people enter the property. I then immediately returned to building like usual when a member of my faction joined the discord call I was in so I undeafened to hear what he had to say. He then informed me that they were newly hired employees for the establishment so i explained to him that it was a misunderstand and that was it.  A little while later while still building I was banned out of nowhere for meta game by Darkfire. I then asked Darkfire over discord messages why he banned me and he responded "i been watching you guys for 30min and saw all of you talking in vc and then answering ic not only that but the girls mic has discord audio in it with you guys in the vc talking as well the clips are pretty good proof so i guess ill see you on the forums".  I was very confused by this as I was wondering why this staff member who is in an opposing faction had been hovering inside our factions building spectating our member to member roleplay but also because I had been completely alone in the discord call and deafened for almost the entire time aside from when someone joined very briefly to tell me what i did and that was it. I would love to see what proof he has especially since he claims to have been watching our discord call. He also said " and saw you rdm all three of them then when your boy told you ic they were the dancers you never answered but then when he talking in vc you answered ic idk who you are first off second idc who you are with rules are rules". This didn't make sense to me as not only was i not banned for rdm but it wasn't rdm in the first place which is why the people that were "rdmed" did not make a report, which he would have known if he had decided to make a sit rather than piecing together information based on things he saw while noclipped hovering inside our club and then making a decision to ban based on that. I will admit that out of frustration for my unjust ban and the unprofessionalism of the staff member I told him I was going to make a staff report about him. He then replied saying "ok thanks add it to the list with the others that dont stick lol" basically implying that he makes poor staff decisions knowing that nothing of real consequence will come of it. To conclude things I should be unbanned as I did not break the rule I was banned for and believe that Darkfires behavior should be reprimanded and hopefully removed from the staff team as he is clearly unfit for his position. 

RE: Nevoga Ban Appeal - darkfire - 02-23-2024

Hello I was the staff member that handled this situation. As for you claiming to tell the three women in the club to leave before shooting that never happened you shot them without warning after running around the club chasing them without saying a word other than “what the hell. Where did you come from”. As for wondering why I was spectating the club I got a report for erp on members that were inside the club so I investigated and came to the conclusion there wasn’t any erp as I was watching for that is when I noticed you were all nodding and responding to no one speaking ic and then a member of the 4 spoke responding to I believe Medici question at the time. Which he didn’t ask in character but over vc which can be heard more members and chatter in the background of the players mic.

RE: Nevoga Ban Appeal - Nevoga - 02-23-2024

(02-23-2024, 07:16 AM)darkfire Wrote: Hello I was the staff member that handled this situation. As for you claiming to tell the three women in the club to leave before shooting that never happened you shot them without warning after running around the club chasing them without saying a word other than “what the hell. Where did you come from”. As for wondering why I was spectating the club I got a report for erp on members that were inside the club so I investigated and came to the conclusion there wasn’t any erp as I was watching for that is when I noticed you were all nodding and responding to no one speaking ic and then a member of the 4 spoke responding to I believe Medici question at the time. Which he didn’t ask in character but over vc which can be heard more members and chatter in the background of the players mic.
 I don't know who you are referring to in this instance as I was not near or interacting with any players and was in our family discord alone and deafened this is why I initially asked if you were mistaken. You are either mistaking me for someone or this is simply false I would like you to provide evidence to support these claims.

I can 100% show you the video when I get back home to my pc to post clip. Unfortunately medal isn’t working on my phone ATM. If I am mistaken for you meta gaming then I will fully apologize and ask for it to be removed from your record. But from everything I saw and clipped you were involved in the meta gaming because you spoke about things regarding ic info over discord. As I stated with the others involved I don’t believe 5 days is fair since it is your first ban so I lowered it to 3 days.

RE: Nevoga Ban Appeal - Nevoga - 02-23-2024

Please provide the clip to back up your claims. I would also like to some sort of proof that report of "erp" that you received that required to spectate my factions business for 30 minutes . You can look at the previous tickets you have claimed on the server so I don't think a screenshot that you took this ticket is too hard to get.

RE: Nevoga Ban Appeal - Dopedealer1337 - 02-23-2024

(02-23-2024, 07:16 AM)darkfire Wrote: As for wondering why I was spectating the club I got a report for erp on members that were inside the club so I investigated and came to the conclusion there wasn’t any erp
You cant rule out the possibility that the guy was a quickshot and just finished really quick. I wouldnt close the case on this one just yet.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1WVaxixO3Ukfqi/d1337bCVrZ7E?invite=cr-MSxpV0ksNTExMTU2ODgs

Unfortunately Due to shitty medal software i was only able to get this first clip and not the second one for after the respawn where you can hear the person in discord VC. Regardless this clip still shows the beginning of the meta gaming. Where you can clearly see one sided communications between a few of you in the room if not all. As for your portion was in the second half there is no other way to show you that video since this is what it looks like https://imgur.com/a/P0aQzNZ for another 2mins without sound

RE: Nevoga Ban Appeal - Toast - 02-23-2024

I do appreciate that you put some effort into this ban appeal, however much like the other one that was declined, your attitude is pretty appalling. If you genuinely believe that a staff member did wrong, you can make a staff report. Publicly blasting them on your attempt to get unbanned won't do you any justice.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules.

RE: Nevoga Ban Appeal - Monaclu - 02-24-2024

This determination has been overturned by UA. We have investigated and concluded that there is a lack of evidence provided. Your appeal is accepted, and your ban is overturned.