Diverge Networks
Izumi's staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Izumi's staff application (/showthread.php?tid=7323)

Pages: 1 2

Izumi's staff application - MrMarbles - 02-25-2024

Basic Info...

In-Game Name(s): Izumi YamaRyu

Steam Name: Ruppert

Steam Profile Link: 
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070696589/

Steam ID: 76561198070696589

Discord Username: Ruppert

When did you first join the server? May, 2023.

Total playtime on our Servers: 1M 2W 2D (1980).

Time Zone: EST.

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating? 2-4 hours a day or more.

Have you read the rules? Yes, in depth and they're quite similar to most RP servers I've been to.

Do you have a working microphone? Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? Yes, that's very reasonable.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands? Somewhat but I'm learning a lot and I'm currently making myself a cheat sheet.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.

Motivation and Experience...

What is your motivation/reason for applying? This server and community have really grown on me. This is a positive community and that's something I want to uphold; I've made a lot of friends here. I was having a conversation with one of the admins late the other night and he convinced me to make an application staying the community could use the extra help. Rule breaking is something I take very seriously, and I'd love to help mitigate that if I can. If I can take a few moments out of my playtime on her to help I'm glad to do so.

Why should you be considered over other candidates? First off, I don't want to take a spot away from someone who would enjoy it. I'm her to help in any way I can when I have time to spare. I got the play time, experience, drive, and motivation to help this community and I know the rules very well. This isn't my first RP server experience and I'm unbiased. From what I've seen is many people take on the responsibility and don't put in the effort after and I'm her to make a difference.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? No, but I've held a trusted position for things such as changing names and player models on another server, which I still have and never abused. Please note I'm very eager to learn.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why? Yes. I was banned for LTARP when I first joined. I had gone AFK at the wrong place, wrong time sitting next to my friend's watermelon plants  Tongue  and left for the store IRL (I forgot my PC had a 30-minute AFK shut off timer my char was later discovered and arrested) I went to the forums and explained myself, appealed it successfully, apologized and had my ban reduced to a couple of hours.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you? I'd say I'm most well-known for my dupes. I help a lot of people working as a lawyer and 90% of the time I don't charge, always being polite to both parties in RP which helps to make a difference aside from other people being toxic and yelling at officers in the PD vice versa. I've been told and heard other people talk about how I'm polite and a good person (I hate talking about myself haha). From what I can see on the forums it looks like my reputation is currently +1 I hope to change that becoming more involved here. Thank you.

What is your favorite moment on Diverge so far? When my faction and our allies teamed together raiding the Napoli during their poker night. I also really like the events (weddings, fight nights etc.).

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.

Note: I don't have any recommendations but below are a few good people I know, and I'd think have good things to say about me.

4Lights 
Fox
Ellipsis

Problem Solving...

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this? If nobody can take the ticket, I'll take it if I can. If not, I'd do one of the following... Copy the player ID clip it and send it to the proper admin channels or make a report on the forums later.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you are abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do? I'd politely talk to them and point out what they're doing wrong and make a report to more senior admins because admin abuse can be very demoralizing to a community and shouldn't be tolerate in any form.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias? I'd treat the situation like any other ticket. If it's someone who "rarely breaks rules" friend or not they're still breaking rules. The only instance where bias would play in is if the accusing party didn't have a clip or any evidence and I didn't witness what happened I'd then take my friends word.

RE: Izumi's staff application - Oui Oui - 02-25-2024

I have known him for almost a year now and I have seen that he as good leadership and team work. He has patience and knows how to do things the right way.

+1

RE: Izumi's staff application - Jesus on the block - 02-25-2024

I don’t normally comment on staff apps but this one is a +1 for me

RE: Izumi's staff application - 1544cbru - 02-25-2024

+1 Izumi 4 president

RE: Izumi's staff application - 4Lights - 02-25-2024

+1 Izumi also 4 president

RE: Izumi's staff application - Ellipsis - 02-25-2024

+1 uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Balls

RE: Izumi's staff application - Seansx - 02-26-2024

Solid application, recommendations to back it, and on top of that a lot of time on the server and experience.

+1

RE: Izumi's staff application - Caboose - 02-27-2024

+1 Very active player and good app

RE: Izumi's staff application - Aqumus - 02-27-2024

+1 Seems to be ready to learn anything that is thrown their way. They have great recommendations and everyone who has replied seems to like the energy on them! GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

RE: Izumi's staff application - MrMarbles - 02-29-2024

Thank you all so much for the nice replies Smile I hope to be working with you soon.