Diverge Networks
Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7328)

Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal - WillyWhacker - 02-25-2024

Your Character or Steam Name: Ronnie Pickering 

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):  STEAM_0:1:121918661

Your Discord ID#: whackynoodle4

Reason for ban: RDM/NLR/Staff disrespect 

Length of ban: 3 days 

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Some guy was hitting my car with a hammer, so I got out and tried to kill him with my knife, he then killed me. I respawned and walked back to my car from the hospital, where I did punch the same guy again as he was still hitting my car, he then killed me again. When I was dead, I heard the staff member say that he was going to ban me and was then tped, I tried to explain why I tried to kill him, but he would not listen, Every time I have hit someone's car, I have been killed, so why does this not apply to me as I believe that the guy was trying to kill me, but I was not explained what the NLR was. I do apologise for the staff disrespect, as I called him a 'fucking weasel' and I apologise for that but I was angry and frustrated and did not mean it. 

Why should you be unbanned?: I believe that the punishment is too harsh, as I was not reported by the individual, but instead the staff member was watching me, he also asked the guy if he wanted me punished, and he left it up to the staff member and did not give an answer, who would not listen to my explanation. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): N/A

RE: Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal - Aqumus - 02-26-2024

Hello Ronnie! I was the one who had you banned for 3 days (which I am sure you are aware of). I explained it to you in the entirety of the "sit" itself. The reason being that I witnessed you with my own eyes randomly start to stab "Deebo" the guy in question when he was simply trying to construct something on the roof of the "Robber's Den". After watching this I was ready to pull you to question, but then immediately after "respawning" at the hospital, you decided to head back to "Deebo" and start punching him because he was hitting your car in the exact place. Now that being said you can NOT first, come back to the scene where you died aka NLR. So that incident with him punching your car would have been a mere "dream" as you died there so you cannot head right back to finish the scene that you left out on.  So the charges were justifiable, that being said you were charged with the following: "Attempted RDM" which was the first incident I just mentioned, and then that NLR that I mentioned just now as well with you coming straight back to the scene of the original attempted RDM case. If you have any questions about this response to your ban appeal please don't be shy to send me a message on my discord "aqumus". 

- Moderator Aqumus

RE: Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal - WillyWhacker - 02-26-2024

(02-26-2024, 12:33 AM)Aqumus Wrote: Hello Ronnie! I was the one who had you banned for 3 days (which I am sure you are aware of). I explained it to you in the entirety of the "sit" itself. The reason being that I witnessed you with my own eyes randomly start to stab "Deebo" the guy in question when he was simply trying to construct something on the roof of the "Robber's Den". After watching this I was ready to pull you to question, but then immediately after "respawning" at the hospital, you decided to head back to "Deebo" and start punching him because he was hitting your car in the exact place. Now that being said you can NOT first, come back to the scene where you died aka NLR. So that incident with him punching your car would have been a mere "dream" as you died there so you cannot head right back to finish the scene that you left out on.  So the charges were justifiable, that being said you were charged with the following: "Attempted RDM" which was the first incident I just mentioned, and then that NLR that I mentioned just now as well with you coming straight back to the scene of the original attempted RDM case. If you have any questions about this response to your ban appeal please don't be shy to send me a message on my discord "aqumus". 

- Moderator Aqumus
Did you not see him firstly try to destroy my car? He did that then ran on the roof, he was hitting my car before then.

RE: Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal - Canadian-bacon - 02-26-2024

Admits to the NLR break.

Staff disrespect isn't a rule, yes you should be respectful to staff but you can't actually get banned for it.

That being said, Mr. WhillyWhacker this is your third ban this month (Black History Month). You need to read and understand the rules to ensure you don't keep ending up in situations like this.
https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=340

I will reduce this ban to 2 days and fix the ban reason.

Ronnie Pickering Ban appeal - Canadian-bacon - 02-26-2024

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 2 days.