Diverge Networks
char's staff app - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: char's staff app (/showthread.php?tid=7381)

char's staff app - char - 03-11-2024

In-Game Name(s): Henri Campbell , Melissa White
Steam Name: adam 
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/recognizes/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44425038
Discord Username: closer
When did you first join the server: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 03:19:21 GMT
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 51 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes, and 6 seconds
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-5 hours a day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: [b]Yes[/b]
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets? (Unless you have posted a valid LOA):[b] [b]Yes[/b][/b]
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:[b] [b]SAM I am somewhat familiar with, Nutscript not so much.[/b][/b]
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:[b] [b]Yes[/b][/b]
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
Recently I've been thinking about it, and it's been suggested to me, so I thought why not give it a go. I've also seen an increase in wait times for staff tickets during both peak hours, and low population. I would like to eventually become a GM and host events with RP, and happily assist any staff member who needs help with events. If I'm on gmod, odds are I'm playing Diverge. I think that that it's my turn to contribute to the community and get to know it better,  in terms of staff and players. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
 While I know I'll need to be taught a few things, I know that I can manage a large workload under pressure, and that I don't rush decisions. I think about the positives and negatives before I act. I will admit that I do have occasional lapses in judgement, however I am quick to accept responsibility for my actions, and understand that my actions have consequences. I have plenty of staffing / GM experience in an array of gamemodes, and would love to learn more about staffing on Diverge. I'm great at separating OOC/IC issues, and understand that these issues need to be pushed aside to ensure both team efficiency, and professionalism. I not only understand when I am wrong, but I'm also not afraid to ask for help and/or a second opinion. Lastly, I would like to note that sometimes I can come off as rude, however that's not my intention. I view everything as it is, and nothing more. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
Crix Networks PoliceRP - 2017 to late 2018, reaching a peak of superadmin.
TGN MilitaryRP - 2018 to 2021, reaching a peak of server manager.
(forgot the name) VietnamRP - 2018-2019, reaching a peak of community manager.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
Yes, once for RDM. I took something too far, and acted out of line. I've since learned from this mistake.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I wouldn't say I'm "well known", but I am most definitely heard of, as people ask if I'm Melissa White simply based off of hearing my voice. I'd like to think I have a good reputation, however some would disagree.  I think some would view me as a honest, dedicated person, while others may view me as an asshole who they hate. I don't really have any serious grudges with anyone, and anyone who views me as anything negative should reach out to me personally so it can be sorted out. Some members dislike me based off of things I have said or done, or a personal opinion, which is fine. 

What is your favourite moment on Diverge so far?: 
I have honestly had so many fond memories here that it's impossible to pick just one. I've been staring at this question for 10 or so minutes, and I honestly have no idea. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Lomac, and a couple others who agreed with me when I asked if I should apply, but I'm unsure if this counts as a recommendation or not, so I'll leave their names out for now.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
I would first ask if another staff member is available via @, and request to be taken to a sit room and provide evidence, just like any other player would. If I am the only staff member on / available, I would wait until a ticket was made, and walk away and place myself in an area void of RP and players, and swap to my staff character. I have recently noticed that during a RP situation, everyone freezes and / or diverts their attention to the player who just disappeared for a short period of time, hence why I would first walk away. Then, I would switch to my staff character and deal with it like every other RDM sit, no reason for this to differ. If no ticket was made, I would simply make a player report on the forums, after gathering all evidence required.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

Firstly, I would question the staff member in a friendly manner to ensure it wasn't something such as an event, which they forgot to log. If it continues, I would do my best to collect all possible incriminating evidence (logs, recordings of their abuse, screenshots etc) and submit a staff report. If they are a member of UA, given they can see the reports, I would speak to the person one above their rank and ask what I do from there.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:

I believe that everyone has some form of bias, so I would request that another staff member take the ticket as I would want to ensure that person is properly and fairly punished, and the victim is fairly compensated. If this isn't possible, I would take the ticket and deal with the ticket as I would any other sit. I would request a clip from the ticket maker first, and then bring the killer. I would then ask for a clip of the killers POV, as people can edit their clips to swing the sit in their favor. If it looks like RDM, I would tell the friend / faction member that their actions have lead them here, and they should think beforehand. If they have a problem with me for this, I would offer them the chance to conversate with me after they've been punished. If the victim needs to be comped, I would comp them. 

RE: char's staff app - MxR - 03-11-2024

+1 would be very good staff based on his activity and answers

RE: char's staff app - CaptSkull21 - 03-11-2024

+1 good guy, very active, good rp, and very helpful I think he would be a great staff member.

char's staff app - Rem - 03-11-2024

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.