Diverge Networks
Leonardo Tupicci ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Leonardo Tupicci ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7395)

Leonardo Tupicci ban appeal - primo - 03-15-2024

Your Character or Steam Name: Leonardo Tupicci/SOLID

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:103409107

Your Discord ID#: ritchie8868

Reason for ban: MRDM/POs

Length of ban: Permanent

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): dispute

Why should you be unbanned?: The reason I should be unbanned is because I didn't do anything wrong, I understand my past ban record doesn't look too favorable on this situation, but I genuinely believe I didn't do anything wrong in this situation, and I'll break my reasoning down into parts to explain that. I enjoy playing the server as it's a past time with my brother and playing with the faction that I'm apart of. With that being said, I'd like to restate that I genuinely believe I did not break server rules. I will now move onto explaining the situation and why I believe I was justified in my actions.

So me and my friends were raiding the le grande property, top floor. While we were doing this, four - six people come up in an elevator with their guns out, I know this because we had the room door open while the elevator came up. I was watching the door while my friends were waiting for a processor to be done processing it's drugs. I saw the elevator open and like I stated before it was full with a group of people with their guns on safety. Put yourself in my shoes, if I die in this raid my character gets pked, so my trigger finger is high. Prior to this situation, I actually shot my friend as he came through the door on accident because he did not announce himself. Now with that being said, you have a group of people who probably shouldn't be there in the first place being that they don't own any doors, walk out of an elevator some of them with their guns out, I wasn't going to wait around and ask questions. I had already understood they knew why we were there, and we knew why they were there, so I opened fire. Everyone in that elevator was killed and apparently this constitutes 'MRDM'. I will now break down why I don't believe this is the case.

1. RDM in the server rules is defined as RDM = Random Death Match, Randomly Killing Players, I couldn't find anything defining Mass RDM specifically so I'm assuming it's the same rule just happening on a wider scale. If that's the case, then I did not MRDM. Like I said before I was raiding a property, if it wasn't an elevator full of Scottish who don't even have doors in the building, but rather the mayor or even a white shirt who happened to be in that elevator, I was going to shoot them and I had a reason to. I was raiding a property, which meant I was KOS to anyone who knew better (not to mention PKable). I'm assuming because these guys went to the exact floor where we were at with their GUNS EQUIPPED, they did know better, which is why I shot them. I do not believe this is MRDM or even RDM. An example of RDM would be me, running up to a player in the street, them saying something stupid to me or even threatening me, and me deciding to shoot them. MRDM would be this but happening on a wider scale. That is not what happened here, in my mind I had enough of a reason to kill these guys, and I believe if the shoe was on the other foot they would've done the same exact thing to me or any player for that matter. An argument could be made "Well you didn't talk with them, how could you know why they were there?" Well my response to that is, if they are simply there to look around because again THEY DONT OWN ANY ROOMS IN THE BUILDING, why did they come to the exact floor we were on with their guns equipped? It's pretty obvious they were there for a reason and that was to kill us, therefore this is not MRDM. Even if they weren't there to kill us, I still believe due to the circumstances of my situation, I had a sufficient enough reason to kill them.

2. Lomac aka the admin that banned me is a part of the Scottish Faction (Faction of the people I killed in the elevator). Appeal or deny this ban, I still have to call into question why this is a reoccurring theme on the server. Why do admins who are apart of factions weigh in on situations that their factions are a part of. Especially when it concerns a player getting perma banned. This is an obvious conflict of interest and it'd be very easy for Lomac to take this situation from a biased perspective. When I got TPed to the sit, Lomac didn't ask me to explain myself, explain my actions but rather he started outright accusing me of MRDM. This happens way too often on the server and it's not the first time it's specifically happened to me either. Like I said appeal or deny this ban, but at least make some rules in the future where admins can no longer do this. Otherwise, screwed situations such as this one will keep happening.

Finally, I understand my past offences will not look favorably upon me in this appeal. To be honest with you, I genuinely enjoy playing the server and most of my bans were a result of me being uniformed on what I could and could not do. I understand it'd be my responsibility as a player to look at the rules, review them and remember them, but at the end of the day I play this for what it is and that's a video game. I come on here to have fun, I play this server with my brother and have a fun time doing so. Apart from this situation, I haven't been in trouble in months and I hope you can believe me when I say, I genuinely enjoy playing the server and playing a part in what goes on, on an in-character level. I've acted with malice in the past, but I'm trying to become a better player, this specific situation I did not believe I was doing anything wrong and I still believe that. To give an example of how serious I take this server, I've quite literally set up server wide events for other players, boxing matches and press conferences more specifically. Which in my opinion is way more than what most people would consider role play on this server aka standing around in a bar, gambling and talking about the new virtual suit they just bought with IRL money. I hope you can understand my situation and give me a second chance, nothing like this will ever happen again, that I can promise you.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Leonardo Tupicci ban appeal - char - 03-15-2024

Hi, I was involved in this.

You may enter stores/domiciles you believe have items inside in order to steal them. You may access the doors using lockpicks. Any occupants inside fall under the mugging rules section.

RE: Leonardo Tupicci ban appeal - primo - 03-15-2024

They were not occupants there as they arrived after we started the raid and they didn’t own any doors in the building.

Leonardo Tupicci ban appeal - Toast - 03-15-2024

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules