Diverge Networks
JJ's staff app - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: JJ's staff app (/showthread.php?tid=7400)

JJ's staff app - wirebat - 03-16-2024

In-Game Name(s): Macbeth "Dileas" Iver, boston reed
Steam Name: gape horn
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NiceRDM/
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:241632752
Discord Username: @wirebat
Height: 5'0
When did you first join the server: early july 2023
Total playtime on our Servers: 1 month 4w 1d 15h 13m
Time Zone: EST (normal person time)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-4 hours daily on weekdays, more on weekends
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must meet the weekly minimum ticket quota of 20 tickets?: Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Nutscript yes, SAM somewhat
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
To cut straight to the chase, I have spent a lot of time on this server and I do wish the best for it. Theres been many instances where I am on at off hours where I do notice extended amount of time between tickets being claimed, as someone who on quite often during these times I think I could be of use to lessen the load. Additionally, in RP ive hit a plateau in the sense that I've held many positions such as, HC in a faction, detective, assistant district attorney, etc etc. I think in addition to me being able to assist the server as an active staff member this will also give me a fresh new perspective of things. Also, I have hopes of maybe becoming a gamemaster eventually. I have a few events in mind that would be fun for the players involved. Lastly, I enjoy meeting all sorts of new people and I think staffing on the server is a wonderful way to do that.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
I will note a couple reasons why I believe I should be considered over other candidates: Firstly, I myself am very aware of the rules of the server, I've spent plently of time to learn what is right and what is against the rules. Secondly, I am very active, both during peak hours and off hours, meaning I will always be around to help take tickets and make sure players aren't waiting for their sits to be dealt with. Also, I have plenty of staffing experience on other servers in a multitude of different positions, so whichever position I'm in ill be well aware of my responsibilities and what is expected of me.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
TGN MilitaryRP - 2018-2022 - starting as mod ending as community manager
Multiple different SantosRPs and DarkRPs holding the ranks of moderator

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have never been banned, though I have some notes for a few things, pretty much all of which were from when I was somewhat newer to the server.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:
I'd say I'm somewhat known. Due to my legal characters name being public Id say in rp that character is more well known then my main, as for my main RP character I'd its probably known by my factions allies but maybe not as much as my other. As for myself as an actual person im probably most known as the guy pendred likes to call 5'2 or whateva in diverge general. But overall I do think my reputation is good.

What is your favourite moment on Diverge so far?:
Honestly, its hard to say. Whether it be the countless RP events done by either by faction or faction allies, or the silly little late night events such as pendreds when he made us all short and had us race around the city in tiny HL2 buggies on new years.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Lomac, Shittor, Adam, TrippyHippy, zer0, seansx

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
Well for starters, obviously I would not take my own sit. I would use @ chat and ask for a staff member to take it for me. In the sit Ill hand over the clip and make sure the sit is taken care of just like I was any other player that wasnt staff. In the event I was the only staff member on to avoid any sign of self-bias I'd either go into the discord staff chat and ask if anyone is available to get on OR if anyone is unable, I'd use the Player Reports category on the forums just like if I was any normal player.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
In my genuine opinion the best possible thing you can do here is, collect evidence of said abuse whether it be clips, snippets from logs, or whatever the case might be. From there I would forward the evidence to the proper channels depending on the rank of the person.

A member of your faction / friend of yours has a ticket made against them accusing them of RDM’ing, and minging. You know that this person rarely does this when you play with him. How do you proceed knowing this? Does it constitute possible bias?:
To Avoid any chance of bias (everyone holds some sort of bias) similarly to the previous question regarding if I myself get RDMd, I will call for another staff member to handle this sit IF POSSIBLE. Now there is always the chance that there wont another staff member around to take it, in that event I will take it myself and really make sure that even though this is my friend/faction member, their punishment fits whatever rule they broke just as if they were any other server member.

RE: JJ's staff app - MxR - 03-16-2024

+1 the ua team needs more short people on their team

RE: JJ's staff app - The Gent - 03-16-2024

+1
I know his dedication will not shrink, he's never been short with me, and overall, hes nothing small in terms of his abilities. His contributions will be far from tiny..

(You're short)

RE: JJ's staff app - Ramo - 03-16-2024

+1 what the first guy said, need more short people on the staff team Smile

RE: JJ's staff app - Canadian-bacon - 03-16-2024

Would likely have to subject you to a height check.

RE: JJ's staff app - Eli-Moore - 03-16-2024

+1. Commission meat rider, but i respect the shit outta this guy. He will be good staff, no doubt.

RE: JJ's staff app - DurMattt - 03-17-2024

asked for my nudes +1

RE: JJ's staff app - Oui Oui - 03-18-2024

Seems to have lots of support +1

JJ's staff app - Canadian-bacon - 03-18-2024

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.