Diverge Networks
ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=745)

ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application - ObeliskZero - 02-13-2021

In-Game Name(s): Chris Walker
Steam Name: ObeliskZero
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122498907/
Steam ID: 76561198122498907
Discord Username: ObeliskZero#5830
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game):6hrs 31m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-4 hours per day, 7 days a week (Can also be on-call)
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, But I am willing to dedicate time to learn!
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
  •   My Motivation/Reason for applying is because I have fantastic leadership and communication skills, 7+ years of customer service experience IRL, Notable work ethics, Fantastic problem solving skills, and an ability to learn very quickly and apply what I've learned. I have many hours on GMOD (818 hrs at the time of application), and have been playing for over 8 years on GMOD. I primary have played on DARKRP servers as well as MilitaryRP, 1942RP, PoliceRP, and other RP servers. In the real workforce, I have a passion to helping others solve problems, as well as working together with them to ensure all of their needs are met. Unfortunately, a medical illness struck last year that has left me unable to do what I loved to do previously in the workforce, but that doesn't stop my motivation for wanting to be able to do what I loved doing in any way I can. I believe my passion for garry's mod and my desire for helping out others admist my medical condtions is my true motivation to why I applied to Diverge Networks MafiaRP.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  
  • I should be considered over other candidates because I not only have alot of experience in dealing with critical situations, as well as having fantastic problem solving skills, But I also have really good communication, leadership, and teamwork skills. As stated above, due to my medical injury, I am also home most of the time, which I think is also crucial because I can always be available to cover other peoples shifts if I need to, or if a critical situation arises I can also be there. I have a demonstrated history of quick-learning skills as well, which I believe is very important as a staff to a server hosting 100+ people. I do well under pressure, and I am also very friendly and understanding of peoples situations.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have not had previous staffing experience in GMOD. However, I do have alot of real-world experience in staffing/customer service.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Never been banned.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  
  • I would say that I may not be well known in the community currently. However, I have helped out several users with minor problems they were having, and I have also given a few server recommendations that seemed to get alot of upvotes. I think once I am part of the team, and are able to help end users with problems that they encounter, I may be more well known in the community and looked up to.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Rem
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
  1. If I am there to see the RDM, I write down the names of the people involved.
  2. I check to see if there are any admins online. if there are, I delegate the names of the people involved to the staff member. if there are none, or the staff member is currently occupied, I switch to on-duty.
  3. If switched to on duty, I summon the players that were involved in the RDM into a sit, and get stories from both sides. I ensure to check the logs to make sure all the information lines up. I ask for any video evidence, and also ask for any witness from both parties, if applicable.
  4. I take all evidence into account and make a decision based on the evidence shown. if this is a first time RDM, I explain the rules to the RDM'er and give them a warning. if this has happened multiple times, I either kick or ban the RDM'er from the server with context to the ban. before banning/kicking in that situation, I give them a link to the fourms if they want to dispute the ban.
  5. I save evidence of the sit and dicuss later with the team to ensure the best approach was taken, and how it could be handled better/what was handled appropriately.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: 
  1. I collect any evidence of the admin abuse, and bring it up to an admin of higher rank. Admin abused would not be tolerated.
  2. While waiting for an admin of a higher rank, I would talk to the admin commiting the abuse, and try to see what was going on to instigate such abuse.
  3. Once I got into contact with an admin of a higher rank, I would do either delegate responsiblity to the higher admin involved, or I would go in a sit with the higher admin and explain/provide proof of what I saw.
  4. Once a decision is made, I will save evidence and discuss it with the team later to make sure things were handled right, and how we could've handled it differently.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
  1.  I would let my good friend know that they are breaking the rules on the server, and that they can get banned if they don't follow the rules properly. I will give them a link to the rules and let them know that what they're doing is not okay, and that they are interfering with other players experiences.
  2. I would contact another admin on duty if the problem behavior persisted, and delegate responsibility to them regarding kick/banning. If another admin isn't available,  I would have to do a sit with my friend and treat them like any other player, regardless of our relationship. It's my duty as a staff member to ensure that all players are having an enjoyable time on the server.

Thank you for reviewing my Application!
Regards,
ObeliskZero

---------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention, but I also have donated to the Server, as well as Boosted the discord twice (actively boosting).

RE: ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application - Chad - 02-13-2021

+1 After seeing you in game I think you would be a great fit for staff. You may not have experience with commands but I would love to teach you myself. You take RP very seriously and you're pretty active. You have a passion for helping people and I think that will make a great addition to the staff team. Lastly you do know the server rules after talking with you.

RE: ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application - Rem - 02-13-2021

Undecided
While I appreciate you for asking about staffing and being nice in my DMs, I did not really give you my 'recommendation' sorry.
While the application is great, I would like to see you in game.
If no issues arise, I'll change my vote.

RE: ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application - Pendred - 02-14-2021

Good application, nice guy, had positive interactions with him. Only thing that lets you down is your very little playtime, you only joined the server yesterday. I think we could work with that though.

ObeliskZero (Chris Walker) Staff Application - Pendred - 02-16-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Staff Handbook.
Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.