Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7483)

Ban Appeal - DoctorZoso - 04-01-2024

Name: Curtis Lowe
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199230092406
Discord ID: DoctorZoso
Reason for Ban: MetaGaming, Money Transer
Length of Ban: 14 days
Reason for appeal: Been extremely active lately and have found myself playing this server by choice overĀ  the last month since finally having time with my new work schedule. The ban was due to mugging in which I would mug and then give the money to a my best friend around the city. I'd been mugging as a immigrant seriel mugger role from russia by the name "Barefoot Bandit". I read through the server and network rules 3 times to ensure I understand EVERYTHING after my ban. I truly try to learn from my mistakes and correct those same mistakes. I've taken screen shots as notes to have when I need them. For the metagaming, I read the rules and was completely in violation for using discord call as a means of communication. Keep in mind I started playing the server 4/19/23. Yes sounds like it's been long enough to understand everything as far as I knew I thought I was in the clear of any violations after readying the mugging rules. Reason being for using the third party platform for communication is due to my friend not having a mic. So he uses his phone to speak. I introduced him into the server around a month ago when he got his first pc. We are both really new to the pc shit. Him more so than myself. It'd been year since reading the rules myself and have obviously found myself in violation. (I take full responsibility for my fuck ups). I haven't been in much trouble since really grinding my main account with the mafia families. I actually just became made yesterday after almost a year of grinding. Started the family a day after joing the server on 4/20/23. I've taken it very seriously and played my role heavily. Yes I have priors. But anything I've been in violation for I keep in mind to not ever do again. As far for the money transfer, I've never intentionally moved money from a alternate account to my main account. The situation with the "money transfer" violation. Was purely a mishap. Explained. When I brought my friend into the server I know alot of individuals don't stick it out because of that first initial grind and time put into getting started. I loaned him 200k and told him to pay me back when he's comfortable. On top of that I also sold home 3 clothing items so he had clothing to feel established (not look like a noob). Yoons waistcoat, flamingo chain rose gold, and a black dolce diavolo set. Told him to pay me 30k for yoons, 75k for chain, and 100k for the diavolo set. It never occurred to me that when I was committing the muggings and handing him cash that when he paid me back on my main it was violation of money transfer. Since I gave him money on my main and also on my second char. I didn't think of it that way because that was not the intention. Nor was it premeditated. But I understand how that gets tied up into that violation. Completely. I understand me handing him money on one char and that same character paying me money owed on my main breaks those rules. Even though he already had that money ready for me (so he says). It was honestly a dumb mistake neither of us knew we were doing wrong. If I could turn back time I would have taken the mugging profits and had him use a alternate char to give him the money so we wouldn't be in violation of the rules, as well so it didn't get tied up looking like either of us was trying to money transfer. Neither of us considered it because those were never the intentions and as I stated not premeditated. I'm content with the pk on my "Curtis Lowe" char. He was a mugger and his time was around the corner. But I hope my main isn't pkd. I really do follow the rules and now after a year I've re-read the rules thoroughly. I love the server and the community and hope I can get a lighter sentence in this ban so I can get back In the city and just play my role as my mafia man. I can promise not to do either offenses again. As for my friend cub, I hope he can get unbanned. It wasn't his fault I should have been more aware of the server rules and guidelines and just had him stick to faction rules. Considering I introduced him into the city recently. I don't feel he deserved a pk or ban. He extremely new to both the server and pc gaming. I try my best to help him out considering all the different things you have to learn. Again we both apologize for the inconvenience of our actions and not being up to date with the rules we broke. Thank you for your consideration and look forward to your reply.

Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 04-02-2024

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.