Diverge Networks
Add more Civilian factions post map change - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Add more Civilian factions post map change (/showthread.php?tid=7485)

Add more Civilian factions post map change - Tiby Tobino - 04-01-2024

With the new update coming out, and all the factions being limited back down to one property, I think we should accept a bunch of civilian factions to fill the vacant properties. Add new rackets other than the oil barrels such as wood pallets, metal pallets, technology pallets, medicine crates, etc. All of these rackets would work just like the oil, but Canadian will change the prices every week so that some become more profitable than others, just like he does with the gun rackets. Making people shop around. (Oil is 4500, Wood is 4000, Metal is 4200. Then changes to Oil 4000, Wood 4500, etc.)

I also think that for these legal factions to sustain themselves—i.e., pay property taxes and invest in new properties—they can't rely on kickups the way criminal factions do. They should receive a portion of the money that goes into their faction's NPC. So if someone pays $4500 for an oil shipment at townhall they have an option to sell it to either Oil faction A or Oil faction B, the faction leader gets like $250 stored in the NPC and their employees keeps the rest. There wont be kickups getting collected on a weekly basis in civilian factions. This would encourage legal faction owners to actually sustain and play longer than just a month or so and to advertise their rackets. Giving the faction leaders extra cash allows them to host events, pay new employees, same way criminal factions work.

Adding multiple civilian factions with the same racket creates competition between the two. Now that the legal factions are competing with each other, they will want to pay/work with the criminal factions to bully or harass their competition. Boycotts and stuff will be involved. 

Overall there are like 17 criminal factions there should be 8-10 civilian factions added with competing rackets. I think this will add more to the server pending the new map, not everyone is a criminal and some people will actually want to work legal jobs.

RE: Add more Civilian factions post map change - CharlesSKS - 04-01-2024

1. Adding more civilian factions is up to the players who want to make them, however UA will decide if they are fit for the server or not. It just comes down to what they can offer and what makes them different from other civilian factions of the past.

2. The main issue is what will make them different, because at a distant time called.. Miami. You had 3 civilian factions that competed with one another, but nothing was different when it came to what they did. That’s mainly because of oil being the only thing they could do. Maybe civilian factions could have tailoring licenses which could make selling custom items done by these businesses and not by anyone, and it allows the criminal factions and civilian factions to make deals with one another based on custom items.

3. Sadly all these factions really do is give the two main sides more property and area to control, and that’s all they will really be used for is the property and not the business they offer, unless civilian factions have a strict rule in which they can’t pick sides of the criminal factions and have to be open to all that are willing to trade/sell/buy with them.

RE: Add more Civilian factions post map change - Eli-Moore - 04-01-2024

dont make pendred suffer even more than he has to.

RE: Add more Civilian factions post map change - Canadian-bacon - 04-01-2024

>all factions being limited to one property.

Not what's happening. Why should I bother reading the rest when the catalyst for the idea is just wrong.

[Image: c70039be64eb6ccf1172f9d19d7e85a0.jpg]

RE: Add more Civilian factions post map change - LucidMangos - 04-02-2024

(04-01-2024, 07:41 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: >all factions being limited to one property.

Not what's happening. Why should I bother reading the rest when the catalyst for the idea is just wrong.

I think he just means limited to start, eventually second properties will be filled. I like this idea, I think it would be good to have some form of external extortion that isn't from one crime faction to another, rather a crime faction to a legal faction. As Charles pointed out, its really up to the people making the legal faction and all UA and obviously you Canadian and Pendred, to decide whether it fits the server or not. I feel like this idea can easily be expanded on and can bring in more RP for the crime factions in the server. I personally think it'd be good for the server to allow more legal factions in that aren't just oil, and maybe even have some of the public properties being robbable to some extent that doesn't require staff supervision. Obviously that would require scripting for those events to happen. My best example would be like how you could rob gas station stores on FiveM, you go in and rob the safe or register and PD gets an alert. And if there aren't enough cops on it wont allow you to farm it. Now I know there would be a lot of drawbacks with that but again its an example that could be expanded on to fit the server. 

One idea I had after learning about this cold illness someone has, was to make a doctors faction thats open to all player to join on a civ character and they could get WL like the taxi drivers and ect.. From there people who are sick can come in and request to be aided by a doctor, the doctor receives a payment uses that to buy the items that can only be bought and used by doctors to heal the player of their ailments. This doesnt exactly lead to that particular job to be extorted bc its a government type job like PD. But Im just trying to think outside the box in terms of what could be added that would draw in some more attention from the people that dont play anymore or just sit around and do nothing for 4 hours. 

I think this suggestion OP posted is on the right track for adding positive changes that could add some more interest. Anyone who reads this please fill in any ideas you have that might follow this sort of idea. Because it would be great to see some more lively roleplay added thats not just crims v crims.

RE: Add more Civilian factions post map change - Viral - 04-03-2024

(04-02-2024, 12:54 PM)LucidMangos Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 07:41 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: >all factions being limited to one property.

I think he just means limited to start, eventually second properties will be filled. I like this idea, I think it would be good to have some form of external extortion that isn't from one crime faction to another, rather a crime faction to a legal faction. As Charles pointed out, its really up to the people making the legal faction and all UA and obviously you Canadian and Pendred, to decide whether it fits the server or not. I feel like this idea can easily be expanded on and can bring in more RP for the crime factions in the server. I personally think it'd be good for the server to allow more legal factions in that aren't just oil, and maybe even have some of the public properties being robbable to some extent that doesn't require staff supervision. Obviously that would require scripting for those events to happen. My best example would be like how you could rob gas station stores on FiveM, you go in and rob the safe or register and PD gets an alert. And if there aren't enough cops on it wont allow you to farm it. Now I know there would be a lot of drawbacks with that but again its an example that could be expanded on to fit the server. 

One idea I had after learning about this cold illness someone has, was to make a doctors faction thats open to all player to join on a civ character and they could get WL like the taxi drivers and ect.. From there people who are sick can come in and request to be aided by a doctor, the doctor receives a payment uses that to buy the items that can only be bought and used by doctors to heal the player of their ailments. This doesnt exactly lead to that particular job to be extorted bc its a government type job like PD. But Im just trying to think outside the box in terms of what could be added that would draw in some more attention from the people that dont play anymore or just sit around and do nothing for 4 hours. 

I think this suggestion OP posted is on the right track for adding positive changes that could add some more interest. Anyone who reads this please fill in any ideas you have that might follow this sort of idea. Because it would be great to see some more lively roleplay added thats not just crims v crims.
I agree with the sentiment that we need more legal businesses but that can be done through government. For anything like the doctors to be added back people need to show that medical RP is viable and have people RPing that out now and not later- people need to see it will work and is worth adding. Same would apply to many of these other legal business ideas where you just need to show it would be worth adding with what you have currently, then they may add some content to go along with your idea.

RE: Add more Civilian factions post map change - Fox - 04-03-2024

> Get some people interested in civilian RP
> Post a faction application
????????????
profit