Diverge Networks
coda's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: coda's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=900)

coda's Staff Application - coda - 03-04-2021

In-Game Name(s):  Tobias Springfield, Tobias Kowalski
Steam Name: coda
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092052685
Steam ID76561198092052685 | [U:1:131786957] | STEAM_0:1:65893478
Discord Username: coda#2177

Total playtime on Server: 1w 10h 55m

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-4 hours a day

Have you read the rules?: Yes.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: It has been a while since I’ve used Nutscript commands, but I am generally familiar with them and over time will learn more about them (I’m a fast learner).

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:* The reason I decided to apply is mainly my love for MafiaRP in general. I’ve been playing on Diverge since mid-January and I’ve been just about everywhere. I’d also like to witness proper RP and make sure everyone has a fun experience. Sometimes I notice there aren’t many Staff members on the server to take tickets during early/late hours. If I were to become a Staff member I could truly dedicate my time to making sure the server runs smoothly and is enjoyable as possible. Another issue I’d like to tackle is the amount of minges that spend way too much time minging on the server before being properly dealt with. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:* Personally, I feel like I take MafiaRP a little more seriously as opposed to other candidates because I want to see (as I’ve mentioned before) a smoother, more enjoyable RP experience. Another problem I’d like to solve is the amount of new players who want to learn but can’t because no one is willing to offer a helping hand. I think as a staff member I could try pushing new players towards jobs (both government and mafia, I don’t take sides) and new opportunities. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I moderated for a small (30+ people) 1942rp community 2 years ago, but I have never moderated on a MafiaRP server. The server was called ‘Crimson Rose Networks’.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:* So far, I wouldn’t say that I’m very well known in the community, but I believe that most of the people that I’ve interacted with so far can attest that I was kind, respectful, and helpful. On my Tobias Springfield character I climbed my way up the Firearms Authority by selling licenses and doing other good work. At this moment in time I left the FA and am now a city councilman. Seeing as one would have to be voted in to acquire that position, I think people would have to have a good reason to vote me in. On Tobias Kowalski, my other character, I have reached the rank of Officer and have been a clean PO. On the mafia side, I have joined and left multiple families. If I had to choose a profession, a government job sounds more enticing to me, but that doesn’t mean I have a bias towards it.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Sadly not, but I have participated in an event before and would love to meet/get to know them. UPDATE: windowsxp recommended me!
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would switch to my on-duty character, bring them to a roof of a building, and check their logs to see if they actually RDM’d. I’d then check their past history/offenses so I could accurately take action. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: If I witnessed a fellow staff member abusing their powers often, I would record and clip their infractions and make a staff report. While it wouldn’t be enjoyable to do, in the end it’s better for the community. I suppose that in certain situations I would try to talk them out of doing whatever they were doing (ex. Hey man, what's going on), but if it doesn't work there really is no other path to go down.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would contact them through discord, steam, or in-game and cite my grievances. If they continue to not take me or my role as a staff member seriously, I would take proper action and remove them from the server. I personally believe that if our friendship is seriously affected by this, then I wouldn’t be their friend in the first place.  
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: coda's Staff Application - coda - 03-04-2021

Just wanted to post an update here;

I wrote this staff app away from my home computer (on my laptop) because I won't be home for a couple days. I estimated that 80+ hours is what I have, but I could very well be wrong. What I do know is that I have spent enough time on this server to know how things are done. I also updated some of my last questions.

Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for looking at my app Smile

UPDATE 2: I'm back in-game and I have 1w 10h 55m in playtime.

- I dont know what that attached file below is, I never attached anything to this post.

RE: coda's Staff Application - Dan Bitondo - 03-06-2021

+1 Very competent during my time RP'ing with him. His app looks good as well.

RE: coda's Staff Application - Windows XP - 03-11-2021

from what I've seen from him he would make a good staff member.

RE: coda's Staff Application - Rem - 03-11-2021

+1
Well done application
I can't recall any bad interaction with this player

RE: coda's Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 03-12-2021

We're pleased to inform you your application has been accepted.

Please message a member of upper administration for instructions.