Diverge Networks
Gollo Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Gollo Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=921)

Gollo Staff Application - Gollo - 03-07-2021

In-Game Name(s): Corporal Gelli Gollo / June Santiago

Steam Name: Kalico

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200294023/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:120014147

Discord Username: IsaiahWarm#3187

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1w 6d 21H

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 1-2 hours per day.

Have you read the rules?: Yes.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I'm able to learn.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterisk require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My main character is an individual in the PD (Corporal/#115). I've been playing on the server since the beginning and I've seen the good, bad, and ugly of the server; good RP, dunces, and minges. I've been aggravated by people who get away with minging or RDM people because there aren't any staff members online to take the situation and administer punishments, I understand how people feel about dealing with these people, and sometimes there's just no staff online to deal with it even in a heavily-populated time zone or there aren't enough to handle the ticket load. I've spoken to members of the server and one of the main reasons they find the server is getting harsh to play is the lack of staff members online and actively taking care of situations or the staff members aren't active members of the roleplay that actually happens on the server. I quite literally understand the plight of the average roleplayer on the server, I want to help people who're dealing with the side of the GMOD that's unavoidable or clear up situations whether it be voiding them or clarifying the situation for them to handle IC.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: The only candidate that I can honestly speak on would be Lewis Brown, even then I'd have no queries if he was taken instead of me. Other than that I don't know much about the other individuals applying except that I have more game time than them.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I was given a ban for AFK Gambling for six hours that got lowered later. I may also have one or two warnings for other reasons.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I wouldn't say I'm very well-known in the community outside of the LegalRP aspects (PD or Law). My name might be recognizable in crime families for being apart of the ESU department of the PD, designated for kicking down doors during raids in which I did upwards of 15+. While I participate in LawRP on both characters, on June Santiago, I'm the co-founder of the Barzini-Santiago (BS) law firm that is contracted by organizations such as the PD, FBI, Cassano Enterprises, USCCA, and at one point were so active representing random individuals in the area of the PD cells they needed to include a rule that disallowed lawyers unless they knew the name because we made public defenders obsolete. If you asked some of the higher-ups in PD they will most likely recognize my name and possibly give a pleasant recommendation. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
Step 1: Let another member of staff handle the situation if there is one available; otherwise I'll tend to it myself.
Step 2: If the staff member is being negligent, AFK, or is no longer available I would handle it myself. 
Step 3: Pull the individuals involved in the situation to a roof for a staff sit and deduce whether this was RDM or an IC issue.
Step 1 (2): If it was an RDM on myself I'd ask for another staff member to handle it for me; if I was forced to handle it I would give out a maximum punishment of a warning (Depending on priors).

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I'd collect all the possible instances and evidence associated to send to a higher member of the staff team. The subtle uses of a staff's power for abuse is what can kill entire sections of roleplay, whether it be negligent to the workings of the server, RP, or is malicious for the betterment of a family. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I'd deal with them in an appropriate manner related to their offenses, just because they're my friend doesn't mean they can act like a douchebag and expect to have a get out of jail free pass, once they enter the server they need to act in accordance to the rules or face punishment. If I was to treat them in a manner imbued with favoritism I'd be in the situation of the question asked prior, and would go as far as asking a different staff member to take it instead to avoid personal bias.

RE: Gollo Staff Application - Freddy - 03-07-2021

+1 good roleplayer and an overall nice guy

RE: Gollo Staff Application - Irn Bru - 03-07-2021

Huge +1 for this guy. He is very mature, respectful towards others, intelligent, reliable and would make excellent staff

RE: Gollo Staff Application - Mio Honda - 03-07-2021

+1 i trust the guy and he is a good role player

RE: Gollo Staff Application - Chad - 03-08-2021

-1 For Why should you be considered over other candidates? Please add more detail.

RE: Gollo Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 03-12-2021

We're pleased to inform you your application has been accepted.

Please message a member of upper administration for instructions.