Diverge Networks
wackyTiger Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: wackyTiger Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=955)

wackyTiger Staff App - wackyTiger - 03-12-2021

In-Game Name(s): James Aulner, Jackie Estecado
Steam Name: wackyTiger
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198973506246/
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:506620259
Discord Username: wackyTiger#7899
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 3d 4h
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-4 hours per day
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My motivation for applying is that I have been around the server for a while now and I have recognized that staff aren't really around during certain situations, including stressful situations, of which they are needed in. It takes a long time for staff to be able to take tickets as they are most likely already dealing with someone, so I want to contribute to the staff team by attempting to help handle the community and moderate it.*
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I should be considered over other applicants considering I have some staff experience from another gmod server that I have been staffing on for a while now (resigned from it recently however). I believe I can apply this experience, along with learning MafiaRP's current staff system, to my staffing on the server. I am also really, really good at working with a team or a group of individuals. Socializing and communication is key in a lot of situations, especially in MafiaRP.*
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Icefuse DarkRP, 2 months. NextLevel Gaming, 3 weeks.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I am well known by the community surrounding the United States Marshals and the Police Department, and I have made a lot of friends. I am a US Marshal (probationary) and I am a Detective Grade II, and I have interacted and befriended a lot of people including people like Nicholas Weber.*
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would call another admin to deal with the person, hoping to provide evidence of the person breaking the rules due to me being off-duty and I want to give other staff members a chance on the ticket quota. If no staff are currently on, I would switch to my staff character and would teleport the person into the sit, telling them about their offense and how long they can be banned for it if possible.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would take a couple of screenshots and possibly record what they are doing, sending it to ranks who can manage the individual and hopefully get them punished.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would still treat them as a member of our community, so I would give them a proper punishment and leave them be. It doesn’t matter if it affects our relationship.

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - Fitz - 03-19-2021

As a Staff Member, you are expected to represent Diverge Networks in a positive way.
Nothing is positive from this player, just toxicity in general. I would not recommend this player to the staff team.

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - Rem - 03-20-2021

I think you need to wait a bit longer and show you are staff material.

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - wackyTiger - 03-20-2021

(03-19-2021, 05:41 PM)Fitz Wrote:

As a Staff Member, you are expected to represent Diverge Networks in a positive way.
Nothing is positive from this player, just toxicity in general. I would not recommend this player to the staff team.

Says the guy who called me and a friend “fucking retards” in a public chat.

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - coda - 03-20-2021

Light -1
You have some experience, which is always good, but I think you need to be more active and amass some more playtime. I also think when responding to criticism you need to be a little more mature.

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - Baljeet BipBop - 03-23-2021

-1 schizophrenic minge centered on mass rdming the server for his own pleasure

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - JimmyPenis - 03-28-2021

-1 straight up immature and a loose cannon. Guy is a known minge/toxic individual in the community with the reputation to show it. I believe he can change how he acts but at the moment I wouldn't even consider him staffing.

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - Cosmothecat - 03-29-2021

I would like to seen a little more written. Neutral

RE: wackyTiger Staff App - wackyTiger - 03-30-2021

(03-28-2021, 07:29 PM)JimmyPenis Wrote: -1 straight up immature and a loose cannon. Guy is a known minge/toxic individual in the community with the reputation to show it. I believe he can change how he acts but at the moment I wouldn't even consider him staffing.

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate any sort of feedback from this application to be able to improve on future applications. I have noticed a lot of people calling me a minge as of recent, so I’m going to attempt to change the way I play if that makes everyone happy.

wackyTiger Staff App - Pendred - 04-12-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.