Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=97)

Staff Application - The Milkman - 12-22-2020

In-Game Name(s): Joseph Gravina
Steam Name: Mao Zedong
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198195599174/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:117666723
Discord Username: The Milkman#6815
Total playtime on Server: 9 hours
Time Zone: PST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 5 to 6 hours.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes although, I don't tend to use it because of the poor quality. 
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am not familiar with SAM Commands but it does look similar to ULX so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. As for Nutscript yes, I am familiar with it.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My motivation for being a staff member is a simple determination to see a MafiaRp server last. I've been playing MafiaRp for a while and I've seen many servers come and go and none ever lasted as long as it should have so, I want to be some help to make a server last longer. I really think a community is what makes a server so great and one thing that could ruin a community is a lack of fun and there's nothing more fun killing than FailRP or mining and I want to be a part of the staff team to help put an end to that. I want to be a beneficial member of the community by helping players with issues or any questions they might have. Another reason I'm applying is that I haven't seen many people staff on duty while playing and I'd like to help with this issue.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I believe that I should be considered over some candidates because of my determination to help make the MafiaRP community expand and last way longer than any previous MafiaRP servers. I've been a member of the MafiaRP community for a long time (About a year and a few months) and there's nothing I want more than to see it last longer. I'd dedicate most of my time to moderation if my service was ever needed. I'd solve tickets with justice and without bias and I'd always solve the issue with speed and fairness in mind. Lastly, I'd do my job professionally and strickly all while letting the people in this community have their fun without breaking any of the rules.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do have some staff experience but these servers are very old back from when I first started playing Gmod and I don't really remember the names of the servers. My first staff experience was in CivilwarRP and my role was Superadmin It died out a few weeks after I got my role. My second staff experience was in DarkRP and my role was a Superadmin. From what I remember, the name of the server was Fire Dark Roleplay it had a few players but it died out a month later. My most recent staff experience was MafiaRP as a mod in Atreus but it was short lived as the server shut down a few days later. It's not much compared to other applicants but given enough determination I'm sure I could be just as good of a staff member as any other. I could also use this as a learning experience as well to help grow my skills in moderation a little more.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned from any of your servers before.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: Honestly I don't think anyone ever noticed me in the MafiaRP community. I never really stuck out mainly because I don't like using my bad quality mic and because I always tried to stay away from the violence but my connections to a weaker crime family made me a weaker target and I feel like that slightly messed up my reputation. I haven't really had much interaction with people because they would either tell me to mind my own business or mug me but for the few people that wanted to talk I'm sure that if they were here right now, they would say I'm a good person.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I were ever to notice that someone is RDMing and not currently being dealt with by any staff on duty then, I'll gladly switch to staff character to resolve the issue myself (assuming someone would already have a ticket made on the subject) 
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: In this situation, I'd keep it to myself if it's nothing that's really bothering anyone or messing up the Rp. However, if the staff member is disturbing RP I'd have to politely ask him to stop and record what he's doing and report it to someone with a higher rank.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I'd explain to him that he's going to damage my reputation since I am connected to him and that I would have to deal with him as I would with any other member.

RE: Staff Application - Rem - 12-23-2020

+1
App looks well built and proper.
Don't recall having any reports about this player.
Overall seems solid and sounds dedicated to staffing.
PST

RE: Staff Application - Bees - 12-24-2020

+1 this seems good too.

RE: Staff Application - Ariroony - 12-27-2020

+1 chill mans

RE: Staff Application - Santa - 12-27-2020

+1 Great application

RE: Staff Application - Rogue - 12-28-2020

+1 Very chill and a well organized application

RE: Staff Application - Pendred - 12-31-2020

Your application is well written and well formatted, I always see you in-game and you have no notes or bans on record.

Welcome to the staff team, please DM me on Discord Pendred#3946 to arrange for training and to get you setup.