Diverge Networks
Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Cox's Courier Service Faction Application (/showthread.php?tid=992)

Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - Matty Cox - 03-16-2021

Name of Faction: Cox's Courier Service [Image: Cox-Courier-Service-Logo-1.png]
Number of Members(Minimum of 5): 5
Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Courier Company (Legal)
Ethnic Background (Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): New York Citizens, no real ethnicity requirements
Your Discord # (ex: Calloway#4110): Dox#2582

Why it helps the server: 
Allows for a different legal way to make money that supports player interactions

Ranking Structure: 
Courier (not in faction) > Salesman (in faction) > Manager (manages shopfront) > General manager (manages all shopfronts)

Description:
The salesman+ have access to a racket that sells crates (which restock on a timer)
These crates each correlate to a location (barge 'oversea shipment', fisherman 'fishing supplies', hardware store 'tool crate').
The salesman+ then sells the crate to a courier and tells them the location.
The courier then delivers the crate to the location and sells it to the NPC in the area and makes a profit.

The salesman cannot sell to the NPC & the courier cannot buy from the racket

Background:
The family all worked as a logistics service till a shortage of incoming materials left the warehouse empty and the construction businesses giving up hope on the service. With a foreclosure of the once-massive business, they are left with a simple storefront and an urge to continue the business. They decided to rename the business into Cox's Courier Service and focus solely on wholesale to shopfronts. Ditching the expensive process of hiring permanent truck drivers and opting for a simple contract courier model. By recently signing deals with businesses in the area they can now ship goods across New York with the help of the people. With hope, the business will be able to rise and begin filling in the now absent shipping industry in the area. Currently, they look at hiring new people in managerial and salesmen positions, with no ties to any major family in the area they can only hope it goes smoothly.

My Response - wackyTiger - 03-16-2021

+1 Unique and original, supports actual player interaction that will increase roleplay. Fat upvote.

RE: Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - Rem - 03-16-2021

+1
Interesting legal faction
Would be a good change to have a new legal faction that isnt Grant.

RE: Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - RandyMan - 03-16-2021

+1  (I am a part of this faction.)

- Allows for more rp, with a legal faction system instead of going down the normal route of illegal businesses like most others do.

- Already has some sort of ranking structure to it, which can be improved if necessary.

- Adds another unique idea that people will probably be interested in joining as it will allow for more interaction with other players, instead of joining an NPC faction, or trying to join an illegal one.

RE: Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - Canadian-bacon - 03-20-2021

(03-16-2021, 09:41 PM)rusty Wrote: +1 cool

This application is currently pending as it would need to await physical implementation by a developer.

RE: Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - RandyMan - 03-31-2021

(03-20-2021, 11:16 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 09:41 PM)rusty Wrote: +1 cool

This application is currently pending as it would need to await physical implementation by a developer.

Hello, sorry to bother you but recently Dox has left all forms of discord and has not been in contact with any of the faction members within the past week, I believe he no longer is interested in the faction and I believe that denying the application would probably be in the best interest. I figured I'd mention this in a reply on the forums rather than a discord DM as it will be less likely to get buried than a discord DM. We had a personal discord of which we would talk in about our plans but since about a week ago that has ceased. Not only this but Dox has since either deleted his steam account, renamed it, or unfriended me, which only the two former would make sense, making contacting him next to impossible. I apologize for us losing interest in this faction, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that we appreciate the potential of the faction being implemented.

RE: Cox's Courier Service Faction Application - Canadian-bacon - 04-09-2021

Seems like that's the case. I'll close this for now.