Diverge Networks
More Police Nonlethal Tools - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Thread: More Police Nonlethal Tools (/showthread.php?tid=3783)

More Police Nonlethal Tools - shrimpsgalore - 05-24-2022

Police lacking sufficient nonlethal tools makes them unrealistically quick to shoot and stops genuine roleplay

The taser is still the same crappy one from months ago- it's like throwing a weighted rope. Hardly usable against 1 person punching and running around. So cops tend to use gun by default, especially with groups of people fighting.

The baton is the next best option... But this is a video game where people don't actually feel the pain. It's just another damaging tool, like fists but deadlier, so not very dissuading to an attacker. And most cops realize there's not many situations where you want to waste enough health/time killing someone with a baton if your gun does it quicker.

This is why we need mace and batons that stun.

• Getting hit by a baton should temporarily reduce stamina and/or add a dizzying effect to the screen. 
  • Mace needs to be added as an effective way to control violent people that don't pose a deadly threat. For example: A group fight in public, 3+ people refusing to stop trespassing, large disruptive protest, etc. I'm sure there are tons of addons that cloud your vision and make it red while causing a small amount of lingering damage. And technically is far more realistic to the era than tasers.

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - bioswales - 05-24-2022

+1

Batons? Pass.

However Mace is a GREAT idea. Especially with large groups. I'd love to see more grow on that idea.

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - Ricci - 05-25-2022

+1 the cops shoot way too fast, even in the 80s cops shouldn't be killing for minor offences

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - sharuji - 05-25-2022

Add beanbags too. If not beanbags, hits from a baton should slow someone down for a few seconds.

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - JimmyRusso - 05-25-2022

or they can just train cops properly. i am an expert marksman with the tazer.

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - shrimpsgalore - 05-25-2022

(05-25-2022, 01:37 AM)sharuji Wrote: Add beanbags too. If not beanbags, hits from a baton should slow someone down for a few seconds.

Issues I can think of is unrealistic (I don't believe they were common in 80s, could be wrong) and not all cops carry shotguns capable of firing beanbag

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - RickJak - 05-25-2022

+1

They were suppose to add in rubber bullets in the last gun update fun fact. Or at least they said they would. And I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the taser is a limb dick.

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - shrimpsgalore - 05-25-2022

(05-24-2022, 11:32 PM)bioswales Wrote: +1

Batons? Pass.

However Mace is a GREAT idea. Especially with large groups. I'd love to see more grow on that idea.

Pass to a ~2 second dizzying effect, short stamina reduction, or both?

The goal is to make them serve the real life purpose of being uncomfortable and not just deadly, if that changes anything

Thanks for feedback

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - bioswales - 05-25-2022

(05-25-2022, 04:57 PM)shrimpsgalore Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 11:32 PM)bioswales Wrote: +1

Batons? Pass.

Pass to a ~2 second dizzying effect, short stamina reduction, or both?

The goal is to make them serve the real life purpose of being uncomfortable and not just deadly, if that changes anything

Thanks for feedback

I'd say both, personally.
I suppose if you strike someone on the head directly I could happily see it having a reasonable dizzying effect- but if you're hit anywhere else you'd just be mad, injured, and hopefully dissuaded from doing whatever it was your doing.

RE: More Police Nonlethal Tools - Canadian-bacon - 12-17-2022

Batons no longer kill